Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2022, 01:21 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
See my last post (which you quoted).
See what I was referring to!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2022, 01:27 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
And what are the swedes doing there? Do they defecate with fear? ?))))

Old 03-02-2022, 01:37 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times
Putin's backers: The Axis of Evil 2022

Old 03-02-2022, 01:41 PM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Why does Putin seem not to care that Estonia and Latvia are NATO countries directly on Russia's border?

Old 03-02-2022, 01:57 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Why does Putin seem not to care that Estonia and Latvia are NATO countries directly on Russia's border?

He does.

That's why in his demand he sent to NATO in written form, was to roll back NATO's borders to... 1997 I believe; when the initial agreement has been signed.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:11 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,356,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
That's why in his demand he sent to NATO in written form, was to roll back NATO's borders to... 1997 I believe; when the initial agreement has been signed.
Which of course will never happen. He also knows that to attack either would trigger NATO treaty obligations and result in all NATO countries defending either. Given how much trouble Russia is having in Ukraine, I'm sure he wouldn't want to face the full brunt of much of Europe, North America, and (small) parts of Asia combined.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:17 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
Which of course will never happen. He also knows that to attack either would trigger NATO treaty obligations and result in all NATO countries defending either.

And why is that, may I ask out of curiosity? ( Or rather why WAS it a case, because after the latest Ukrainian events it's a whole different story.)

Quote:

Given how much trouble Russia is having in Ukraine, I'm sure he wouldn't want to face the full brunt of much of Europe, North America, and (small) parts of Asia combined.
I am watching the updates on the front lines every day and I see no problems on that end, so not sure what exactly are you talking about.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
Which of course will never happen. He also knows that to attack either would trigger NATO treaty obligations and result in all NATO countries defending either. Given how much trouble Russia is having in Ukraine, I'm sure he wouldn't want to face the full brunt of much of Europe, North America, and (small) parts of Asia combined.

Well, in fact, the Ukrainian army was bigger than the united army of the European Union. And in terms of equipment, training and motivation, it's much better. Here, our foreign partners have tried very hard and invested heavily in this army.And what is happening in Ukraine now does not really inspire European generals.
What about Poland and Hungary? Changed your mind about delivering planes? Have the others calmed down somehow too? No?
Oh yeah. only organic matter boils on the Internet and erupts in fountains. There is no equal to the West here.
I would not place big bets on the fact that the Baltic states will remain in NATO. We'll wait and see.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
And why is that, may I ask out of curiosity? ( Or rather why WAS it a case,

I am watching the updates on the front lines every day and I see no problems on that end, so not sure what exactly are you talking about.
It's about hysterical screams on the Internet. well, about a beautiful picture in the style of "bad Russian" in the media.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:23 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,356,657 times
Quote:
An invasion that was going to take days is now going to take weeks, maybe months. Supply chain issues, poor logistical control, and slow progression continues to hamper the vastly larger Russian forces as they continue their march. Russia has taken to indiscriminate bombing of civilian centers, showing true desperation. Citizens of Ukraine are creating human shields to block roads and otherwise hamper the Russian troops. And, despite the size of the invading forces, there aren't enough to really hold the cities if/when they are able to capture them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe