Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2014, 01:31 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Sure - there is a strong bond between mother and child, that might be lacking with the father to start,
Well there you have it.
That's why I find it pitiful to see men with strollers on few different levels.

Quote:
but it soon develops, and can become stronger than the mother-child bond. Many children end up closer to the father - especially daughters it would appear.

Men with children = hot, of course. Everyone knows that.
Yes, hot/whatever - by all means take them off my hands by the time they are three or older, shooo - go, play already, I've had enough. But infant is an infant that's the way I see it as a mother.
And it's insane for me to think that in the US women of modest means have to place their infants in day cares at three months in order to get back to work.
The Soviet authorities were far more generous with women in this respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 01:47 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times
The Child-Mother bond is forced upon the Mother because the child comes out of the Mother's body while the Dad-Child bond develops slowly over time. Me and my Mum had a good bond but now we hardly speak (where's the bond, its gone..) and there's many other examples of this.

People like to spout out crap all the time and make massive generalisations about everything from Homosexuality (Neuling) to parental bonds.

Also all this stronger bond this and stronger bond that is nonsense, because each parent develop different types of bonds with the their children. For example the Dad may be the tough love kind of parent while the Mother may be the spoil you rotten kind of parent - both have bonds with their children that are equally strong but are shown in different ways.

Neuling: Sexuality and gender are two different matters, the only justified reason to call a gay man a Women is when they have gender identity problems which is something completely different to sexuality which is fluid. By saying gay Men are Women you are implying that Men have to act a certain way which is backwards thinking.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:59 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Well there you have it.
That's why I find it pitiful to see men with strollers on few different levels.

Yes, hot/whatever - by all means take them off my hands by the time they are three or older, shooo - go, play already, I've had enough. But infant is an infant that's the way I see it as a mother.
And it's insane for me to think that in the US women of modest means have to place their infants in day cares at three months in order to get back to work.
The Soviet authorities were far more generous with women in this respect.
I just don't agree that fathers are merely 'good friends' to their children, and all responsibility for raising children should be on the mother (not what you were saying, but someone else). I have a friend - living with me, funnily enough - who has a daughter, and I know he would walk on glass for her. The mother is not very nice and tries to deny him access, and it's heartbreaking to see a good father struggling to see his children because the mother is on a power trip.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:03 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBlue View Post
Japan is abour 126 million and far more developed and technologically advanced than tons of tiny countries all over whe world, the population argument is just an excuse.

True, and there are poor nations with small populations. However small populations are easier to manage, and more so when the nation is very wealthy.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
Northern Europe is the richest and technologically most developed region in the world. That's why there are jealous Americans pretending to be from the Netherlands starting threads about the US being better. They should learn to deal with their inferiority complex.

You do know the U.S is most technologically powerful nation with the largest economy. Plus even in per capita the U.S is very rich. Sure it lags in some areas, but let's not get out of hand. The United States is a first world nation in every respect.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:12 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
You do know the U.S is most technologically powerful nation with the largest economy. Plus even in per capita the U.S is very rich. Sure it lags in some areas, but let's not get out of hand. The United States is a first world nation in every respect.
In every respect? Really are you sure?? I wouldn't consider the UK first world in every respect..

Old 11-09-2014, 02:13 PM

667 posts, read 940,673 times
erasure and Natalya -- I know it's impossible to prove Westerners that they are wrong in this respect. I don't even try anymore, I remember some years ago I did in another forum, but I don't like hot discussions and arguments to be honest, so I gave up.
They always have that trump in the sleeve "we are the most progressive society in the world, so we know better by default...who are you to teach us? bla bla bla".
We may get an impression that they are brainwashed from childhood, especially younger generation, they think the same about us -- so these kind of discussions make no sense, only to get some adrenaline
BTW, you can bash me, but contrary to the present-day liberal ideas, I think that being gay is not the "norm" but rather an inborn deviation, and I don't like "tough" and over-confident women because they don't simply really appeal to me sexually. Do I have a right to think so?
But: to each their own, and if someone is gay or a feminist woman, I don't mind. We all should coexist peacefully.
As for gays, I even always say so: the more gays, the easier for us straights -- less competition

Old 11-09-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
The Child-Mother bond is forced upon the Mother because the child comes out of the Mother's body
It's "forced" only if a mother didn't want to have this child to begin with. If she was looking forward to having the child, there is nothing "forced" about such bond.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakral View Post
I wouldn't call it a reality check - more a one man's opinion of living there (in Denmark).

If it's true that Scandinavia is admired around the world, then why is it? Have people been forced to admire Scandinavia against their will?

"You over there come here, listen you will like anything Nordic or I'll show ya, understand?!"

Old 11-09-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I just don't agree that fathers are merely 'good friends' to their children, and all responsibility for raising children should be on the mother (not what you were saying, but someone else). I have a friend - living with me, funnily enough - who has a daughter, and I know he would walk on glass for her. The mother is not very nice and tries to deny him access, and it's heartbreaking to see a good father struggling to see his children because the mother is on a power trip.
Dunno, I know what you are talking about and it was one of my greatest fears in life - to end up in something like this with children caught in-between.
Life is not fair, and in this particular case it describes situation like nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe