Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2016, 04:17 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victus View Post
Protected from who?
The aliens.

The Americans are fighting against a mothership that landed in front of my home right as we speak.

Last edited by Arigarisha; 02-17-2016 at 04:20 AM.. Reason: The aliens wanted my paella. I told them "No, if you want paella you can cook it yourself."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 05:04 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,701,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenflowerboy View Post
Maybe because US culture is basically
European culture... They are all Europeans who happen to live on another
country.

No, there is huge differences between US and European countries. In societys structures and social matters. Even day care, pre school, school is different, also how things at work are working. How kids are "raised" etc.

Of course europe is not one but contains several different type of countries with different cultures which hopefully are smart enough to see the unique good things that they have and don't let anything ruin them. Bad things always better to go, lol

I can see some people did not catch or stayed in theme of this topic. It
is not about which is worse in peoples viewpoint per se.

From
traditional cultures viewpoint it does not matter which type of newcomer culture is swiping it off. It is more about what wakes up
people to worry after their own culture. Like is there things that you actually appreciate in your own country and would want to keep it. And why did not thought before theat of islam that would be gone.

If you did not care to nurture it before, why it is issue now when muslims are here?

There is lot of good
things at every country (as well as bad) which are sometimes rare and
which could only exist in certain county.

I would hang on these
old good things till the end and I spoke for many earlier. People did
not give ear. But now when islam is offered many people are suddenly
worried about their own culture. Like they would not got it earlier.
Maybe america promotes their way so well that folks don't even know what
happened..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Well for one, millions of poor Americans are not moving to Europe, then gradually outnumbering the Europeans themselves and then fundamentally changing their countries, forever.

But the actions of United States certainly demand some criticism, much of it justified. For instance, American actions (actually non actions) on global warming.
haha yeah, what is common with america and russia is to make things criminal by covernment or social stigmatize them so nobody could save the planet. It was some article were they said it was against rules to mention global warming at all..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbobcat View Post
As I said, I've had friends, acquaintances and colleagues who identify as Muslim, but none of them would harm a fly, or try to force their beliefs on anyone - and I would hazard an educated guess that a large percentage of the Muslim population of Luton, for example, would do the same. Some of them you wouldn't even believe are Muslims because - believe it or not - they've grown up in the UK and and adapted to the culture. They even drink and get laid for goodness sake. You should really try to talk to some and attempt to engage with them instead of extracting your opinions from Britain First/EDL/National Front youtube clips.
Yes, there is lot of folks who choose to live in peace or adapt but sadly there is people who do cause the trouble. I don't want this thread to turn into muslim bash but extremes are the ones who made people to see they could lose what they have now. And what cool is to get laid and drink alcohol, lol.. Not all european citizens are party birds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantexan View Post
Nah, we're just trying to keep irresponsible Democrats from spending us into oblivion. If the Democrats win back total control of the American gov't like in 2008 then don't worry, y'all's desire to see America destroyed will come to fruition. Then you can turn to Europe's best buddy, Putin. He will definitely be reaching out to you, LOL.
It is interesting to see how by media countries either should choose putin or america.. I don't know why people are buying this.

But if it would be like that, being under putins power or americas power, which one would be worse to each country? Which one would give more personal freedom to make decisions? Is it so simple to say putin would be worse and cause more harm to people? Or would it be actually america which would drop folks down? America seem to not care about people either. America could "help" countries against putin with weapon arsenals but would the lands be anything else than weapon storages on them?

I don't find either one trustworthy.

Quote:
People never seem to learn from history. If those in power would just be a bit more generous they could avert many of the "isms" that have arisen throughout history seeking a fairer shake for the poor and disenfranchised. Capitalism works, but it works too well for some and we're never going to eliminate envy and jealousy.
Yes, they could read history books again and see religion wars, slavery, wars etc. happened many times before and try something like for example just becoming along If not like, leave alone and keep at least a meter distance, lol

Actually american capitalism is very sick and it harms the world very much. That is one of those things that I wish never would be adopted to my country. It includes so much inhumanity, really, it is not fair trade at all. It basic on leeching and misstreating.

I would not say misstreated people would be jealous, rather hurted and angry when their rights are ignored just to give some certain people abuse others to get rich. aids-medicene etc.

Society should first secure certain things and with certain rules to let

Also there is no any sensebul reason to leech all the money from the world to own pockets especially when it is just numbers and never needed nor used. Instead the ways they created their incomes caused so much destroying environment etc. that law should actually protect societys from this type of assaults.

I am not envy that I am not a person who represents destroying, I am instead proud to NOT to be one..

Quote:
We've had Muslim honor killings in the States where parents killed their daughters for becoming too westernized. Read last year that many young Muslim women disappear in Europe, presumed to either be killed by their families or whisked away to an arranged marriage in the old country.
Yes, these are tracigal happenings. On the other hand westerns have similar type of family butchering thing when men cannot pay their loans and also in english court jealousity is taken one thing why in a murder of cheating wife etc. it is "undertood", crime is understood better because this dude was blinded by jealousity rage.. Westerns do have some things that are repeated but nobody want to admit it would be a cultural problem..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazelais View Post
I see the way these Sharia advocates are creating a declaration of war. All should be deported.

Apart from that what a disgusting, crazy, backward lot of of scumbags. Pointing in the woman's face over and over again. Excuse me! Plus the moron in the garbage bag saying that the civilized woman in her own country may I add is asked: "Who are you trying to seduce?!" This makes my blood boil.

What the heck are these people doing in a 21st century country anyway. I think this is war but done in an underhanded way. Why is there such weak governance over there!?!
Yes, I guess in their mind they took over it already... ? Interesting if they just let them continue.. It makes me ask, why they became again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodill View Post
Christianity was spead with the sword since the beginning. Since Constantin had the foul idea of accepting a monotheistic superstition over freedom of religion, that was 1700 years ago.

Had he chosen another course, now we would not have Christianity nor Islam since both religions are practically the same. The difference between christianity and islamism is a line drawn in the desert, according to Muhammad.

Christians destroyed more art than barbarians....Islamic invasion was more tolerant, they translated all the classical masterpieces into Arab...that were retranslated into Latin in Toledo. That's why we know know who Aristotles was, for example.
Christianity was the earlier religion which destroyed earlier european religions (paganism-types etc.) , some people get back to their traditional believings when christians are not so fanatic anymore. But christianity was forced into these countries. Some stayed both, a pagan because that is who they are but learnt christian ways because they would be punished to not.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:12 AM

426 posts, read 394,671 times
Catholicism is not "Christian" but a "sincretic religion". A combination of "paganism", neoplatonism, estoicism, roman cult and christian poppycock. Ancient gods are now angels and martyrs.

In Latin America, Catholicism also absorbed local deities to transform them in saint and virgins.

Islam is just the same, Islam absorbed "oriental" culture and many of their traits, if not all, are preislamic.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:59 AM

360 posts, read 1,088,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodill View Post
Catholicism is not "Christian" but a "sincretic religion". A combination of "paganism", neoplatonism, estoicism, roman cult and christian poppycock. Ancient gods are now angels and martyrs.

In Latin America, Catholicism also absorbed local deities to transform them in saint and virgins.

Islam is just the same, Islam absorbed "oriental" culture and many of their traits, if not all, are preislamic.
But the early Church wasn't the Catholic Church. And if you looked at the Bible and what the early Church taught, it was much more inline with modern liberalism concerning the redistribution of wealth, nonviolence, etc. The movement was co opted by those seeing the attraction to the masses, using it to their own ends. And thus the Catholic Church came about.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:43 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Here is English English ( Whirls posted this video in "Current Events" section, and I'll re-post it here,

since its relevant to the subject

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPCdpu9ZKnQ#t=191

Am I missing something here???? Why is this 'English English'??? Is it just because he is speaking in one of the dozens of English accents? Its still the same language though?

Old 02-17-2016, 03:58 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
The difference is the Bible does not justify this violence, I wonder how they justified it back then. The Koran however justifies the violence that is commited by Muslims till the present day, including the rape of "unbeliever" women.
It justifies slavery:

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ"
“Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them.”

Genocide:

“This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’ “

Children Abuse:

“Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them. “

Medical Neglect:

“Then comes the question, how do drugs, hygiene, and animal magnetism heal? It may be affirmed that they do not heal, but only relieve suffering temporarily, exchanging one disease for another. We classify disease as error, which nothing but Truth or Mind can heal, and this Mind must be divine, not human. Mind transcends all other power, and will ultimately supersede all other means in healing.”

And deeply condemns homosexuality:

“If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.”

I can come up with several quotes on all disparate matters, some of which also incite to violence. If any holy book of any religion were to be interpretated literally in the same way Wahhabists are, the result will be similar on several matters. Religion are just centuries old fanatical ideologies which have kept humanity back from further progress, if they are interpretated by the rule they will bring violence but if they are mitigated with common sense and reason and only the positive of Holy Books is extrapolated, they won't harm anyone. That's why most people are actually moderates in various degrees

Old 02-17-2016, 04:06 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
The Bulgarian PM announced he'd close all borders of Bulgaria and of course the response of our "Anglo-Germanic brothers" is threatening Bulgaria or switching to the "but we send them benefits" retarded excuse:

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comm...ainst_sealing/
The problem is that would put Greece into further trouble, it's clear they can't manage the situation and that hordes of migrants would be stuck there and cause further trouble (because their intention is to join relatives in Sweden, Germany or wherever they are) to an already weak democracy. To add to that, your country would be violating one of the main European principles, Schengen.

By the way, i would advice you to avoid the collective mass hysteria that's that subreddit

Old 02-17-2016, 06:56 PM

360 posts, read 983,122 times
Its easier for Europeans to identify with American culture as a shared Western identity but Muslims?

They are just worlds apart. And its unthinkable that a European woman would ever don a hijab.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:01 PM

26,784 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
It justifies slavery:

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ"
“Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them.”

Genocide:

“This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’ “

Children Abuse:

“Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them. “

Medical Neglect:

“Then comes the question, how do drugs, hygiene, and animal magnetism heal? It may be affirmed that they do not heal, but only relieve suffering temporarily, exchanging one disease for another. We classify disease as error, which nothing but Truth or Mind can heal, and this Mind must be divine, not human. Mind transcends all other power, and will ultimately supersede all other means in healing.”

And deeply condemns homosexuality:

“If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.”

I can come up with several quotes on all disparate matters, some of which also incite to violence. If any holy book of any religion were to be interpretated literally in the same way Wahhabists are, the result will be similar on several matters. Religion are just centuries old fanatical ideologies which have kept humanity back from further progress, if they are interpretated by the rule they will bring violence but if they are mitigated with common sense and reason and only the positive of Holy Books is extrapolated, they won't harm anyone. That's why most people are actually moderates in various degrees
Well it's very apparent that you are not all that familiar with a subject, and it's all a "hear-say" for you.
The verses that you are quoting, trying to prove that Bible is not different from Koran are taken out of context and can't be used as practical teaching, unlike the teaching of Koran.

So let's start from the very first verse. Does the Bible teach obedience for slaves? Yes it does.
The reason it teaches obedience ( and we do know that the early formations of earlier societies did include slavery) is because Bible's teaching is all about the "order of things," - the way God organized it. The earlier societies with its 'slaves and masters," when certain groups of people/nations were submitted under the other group of people/nations was part of this initial order. So in this context, taking in consideration time when this verse has been written, it perfectly falls into place. The more time was progressing, the more the formations of the societies were changing, and gradually slavery has been abolished, according to God's plan. So you can't use this verse in modern days as indication of Bible's teaching to practice slavery and for "slaves to be obedient."

Next verse;

"Genocide:

This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’ “

This is from the Old Testament, that has little to do with Christianity, other than it tells the pre-history of it. This pre-history goes all the way back to creation of human kind, and we really don't know what kind of people these were, what their morals/values were - we only know that God is saying in this verse that he is the master of it all, and he will be punishing/rewarding some people/nations with the hand of other nations. Yet again - no teaching of "Genocide" as ignorant people are trying to claim, just description of events and manifestation of God being in charge.

Next one;

"Children Abuse:"

This is not a verse from the New Testament ( which is a teaching of Christianity,) - this is yet again the Proverbs from the OLD Testament - you can read about it here.

What the Bible says about spanking children

"Medical Neglect:

Then comes the question, how do drugs, hygiene, and animal magnetism heal? It may be affirmed that they do not heal, but only relieve suffering temporarily, exchanging one disease for another. We classify disease as error, which nothing but Truth or Mind can heal, and this Mind must be divine, not human. Mind transcends all other power, and will ultimately supersede all other means in healing.”

This is not even from the Bible.
This is someone's interpretation of the bible, taken from here from what I understand;

Chapter XIV - Recapitulation

Next one;

"And deeply condemns homosexuality:

Yes it does, but it all has to do with Judaism and with the Old Testament yet again, so you should address this kind of statements to Jews and Muslims, since Old Testament has a lot in common with Koran.

Islam and Homosexuality

So as you can see, it's all hear-say for people who are trying to put the "=" mark between Christianity and Islam.
These people are totally wrong, because they clearly don't understand that Islam has very specific instructions on organization of the society, including organization of the state. Bible does not have such instructions, really, no matter what Catholic Church (in particular) made out of it.
That's why you can make a constitution out of Koran; you can't make a constitution (or any other practical laws) based on the Bible, since Bible does not give any such practical instructions as Koran does.

Last edited by erasure; 02-17-2016 at 11:11 PM..

Old 02-17-2016, 11:10 PM

26,784 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Am I missing something here???? Why is this 'English English'??? Is it just because he is speaking in one of the dozens of English accents? Its still the same language though?
Yes it's the same language - I wasn't all that serious, lol)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe