Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2021, 04:45 AM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I would guess from the local sources.
You mean ordinary people just give Iraqi strangers dangerous tools? Unlikely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2021, 05:09 AM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Where are the axes and wire cutters coming from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
You mean ordinary people just give Iraqi strangers dangerous tools? Unlikely.
I don't exclude it but by the "local sources" I mean governmental sources as well.

Old 11-24-2021, 05:59 AM

61,733 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
I don't exclude it but by the "local sources" I mean governmental sources as well.
And who is bringing carloads of stones and bricks?
Or lasers?
Or blast rockets?
and who supplied them with smartphones with international SIM cards, so they can call their countrymen and spread the "great news"?

and who is advertising on FB and other social media one way "tours" with hotel and accommodation to cities near the border, and arranging illegal guides and transportation through the borders?

No need for vague answers - it's the Belarusian government (with help of the Russian too)

Old 11-24-2021, 10:42 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,023,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
So Lukashenko uses the refugees as pawns, how much lower that he can go? Besides there are about a dozen that have already died in Belavia and others freezing to death. As the refugees are pushed to the polish border, they are pushed back by Polish guards and troops and the refugees go back and forward, back and forward. With it they lack food as well.

People being pushed at the border and when they get the border pushed back reminds me of what Nazi Germany did in the 1930s where Polish Jews in Germany were sent to the Polish border and Poland did not want them and pushed them back. When they tried to get back into Germany the Nazi guards didnt allow them back into Germany so these Jews were forced to live in no mans land between Germany and Poland.

There are reports of children and babies died along the border and it is the same story as what happened in the German and Polish border before WW2 in the 1930s.

They are not treated like humans and no one really cares about them. Yet they are used by political pawns in the new cold war era.

If Lukashenko has major problems with the EU and Poland, surely there are other ways to help mend problems than going so low to use refugees from far away as political pawns.
Does Lukashenka use it ? Exactly?
Exactly for your own purposes? Honestly honestly?)) The goal is probably to get more sanctions and more problems.
Okay, that's rhetoric.
I don't follow this so-called crisis much.
This whole thing with refugees and other migrants is just a cruel show with extras. Someone needs to escalate the situation.
Why do I think so?
Well, this situation has been observed several times recently, just like a photocopy.
Then refugees storm the European borders inside the EU, then there, then here, then Spain, then somewhere else.
Then migrants come from Mexico, and it is indicative, gathering in a column, for some reason a few days away from the border and go beautifully so))
and all these cases are very characteristic and the same.There is a large crowd and a couple dozen strong young guys who work for the camera., diligently jumping and breaking barriers . And a little to the side, these barriers may not be at all.
In general, my opinion, this is a cruel show, which is not the first time on the screen.

Old 11-24-2021, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
And who is bringing carloads of stones and bricks?
Or lasers?
Or blast rockets?
and who supplied them with smartphones with international SIM cards, so they can call their countrymen and spread the "great news"?

and who is advertising on FB and other social media one way "tours" with hotel and accommodation to cities near the border, and arranging illegal guides and transportation through the borders?

No need for vague answers - it's the Belarusian government (with help of the Russian too)
But I already said that this whole event was organized by the "collective Lukashenko" as the revenge for.
Even when I was not aware of the lazers and blast rockets.
I don't think I was vague about it)))

Old 11-24-2021, 09:50 PM

102 posts, read 98,378 times
Quote:
I would guess from the local sources
The Iraqi go to a market in Minsk to buy wire cutters for their own use (watch minute 1:20)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVh1GB1ZP-4

Last edited by ecoast; 11-24-2021 at 10:03 PM..

Old 11-25-2021, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoast View Post
The Iraqi go to a market in Minsk to buy wire cutters for their own use (watch minute 1:20)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVh1GB1ZP-4
Well that's why I was not sure about the origins of the wire cutters.
How about the blast rockets or lasers?
Do they buy them at the local market too?

Old 11-25-2021, 07:08 AM

1,693 posts, read 1,530,800 times
Lukashenko forcefully defends his migrant policy in an interview with the BBC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdxBOOnVgnY

Old 11-25-2021, 09:48 AM

61,733 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Well that's why I was not sure about the origins of the wire cutters.
How about the blast rockets or lasers?
Do they buy them at the local market too?
Who pays for that? They complain that they are cold and hungry but spend their money on wire cutters?
Smart phones with international SIM and calling plans aren't cheap either.

Old 11-25-2021, 11:43 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Belarus has been trying to get the "refugees" flights back to where they came from but the service is spotty at best. Just yesterday a scheduled flight from Iraq never showed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe