Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 06:42 PM

5,778 posts, read 11,446,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
Luka offered the refugees Belorussian visas, flights to Minsk, and passage to an EU border
Most of the interviews I've seen say the majority of people that are going through Belarus to try and illegally cross into Poland or other EU countries are buying "package deal" tickets in their country of origin, such as Iraq. They are paying the equivalent of several thousand US dollars for a deal that includes a one-way air ticket to Minsk, a temporary transit visa through Belarus, and one-way transportation (bus or van) to the Belarus-Poland or Belarus-Lithuania border. After that, the people are dumped off and have to fend for themselves.

This is a cruel, unnecessary situation that never should have been allowed. Whoever allowed or organized these "package deals" is making a tidy profit off of what will soon become piles of frozen corpses in Belarus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2021, 06:59 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,496,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
Luka offered the refugees Belorussian visas, flights to Minsk, and passage to an EU border
I don't think he offered any such thing. He also did not give instructions to prevent these people from entering Belarus with a transit VISA which is what they are buying. With that VISA you can enter the country and exit. It used to be good for 48 hours back in the day and cost $50. I would use one to transit Belarus on the Warsaw/Moscow train. If I had dallied and tried to exit the country I would be taken into custody until a fine was paid and then they would most likely throw me out the back of a truck in the nearest borders neutral zone. I would not be allowed to return.

Any travel company can request one of these VISAs for a traveler and easily obtain it electronically. My ex made a living off this stuff before COVID hit.

One has to ask, who are the Belarussians to turn down easy money? What travel agent is the type to turn down a commission on a ticket to Minck? What about the cab drivers and private citizens who for a fee will transport these people to the western border. Why should Belavia turn down a paying customer?

We are all familiar with the principles of capitalism and the free market aren't we?

I spoke with Yulia (ex's sister) in Gomel today. The cousin Svetlana is part of a Belarussian charity and she has been in the area with the refugees for days now. Belarussians are helping and so are Poles.

This was all started by the West years ago. Syria and Iraq are in a bad way thanx to war. I do not fault Poles or Belarussian people but I do fault the EU and Polish politicians for their games these last few years. There's a price to be paid for idiocy.

Lukashenko? He's doing what he thinks necessary to protect his country. Sad as it is. His opponents intend no less than the rape of Belarus. Belarussians know this too.

Old 11-11-2021, 07:08 PM

Just got an email from Yulia. It was just on their morning news said that the government of Gomel Oblast will heavily fine anyone transporting immigrants to the border area. Taxi drivers will lose their license and vehicle. There have apparently been people coming through Gomel from Ukraine and proceeding west through Pinck. How many is unknown.

Old 11-11-2021, 07:50 PM

The EU wants to sanction Belarus again. If they do it again surely Lukashenko will see the light and beg to be allowed into the mighty EU.

https://youtu.be/8qe_Ii6GBc8

There's as many as 2000 people in those camps at the border.

I can't wait for the butthurt if Luka shuts down the Yamal pipeline.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:59 PM

The interview.

https://www.rt.com/russia/540020-luk...-block-gas-eu/

The EU is filled with lunatics.

Old 11-11-2021, 10:45 PM

1,348 posts, read 635,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The EU wants to sanction Belarus again. If they do it again surely Lukashenko will see the light and beg to be allowed into the mighty EU.

https://youtu.be/8qe_Ii6GBc8

There's as many as 2000 people in those camps at the border.

I can't wait for the butthurt if Luka shuts down the Yamal pipeline.
Most of the organizers and performers of the operation "Belarusian migrants" live in Germany

Most of the organizers and performers of the operation "Belarusian migrants" live in Germany. This information, with reference to an internal document of the European Commission, is published by several German media at once.

The document of the European Commission with the DSP stamp is called "Situational report: migration and the refugee situation". The confidential paper focuses on the identities of the smugglers.

"Most drivers live in Germany," the EU document states.
Political scientist Alexander Sosnovsky, commenting on these publications, is ironic on his TG channel:

"Are we going to apply sanctions against Lufthansa now? Somehow, it's hard for German politicians to blame Lukashenka and Putin now — it turns out that it's German trailers that carry refugees across Poland to Germany. How to live now?"

The media also draw attention to the fact that the Green Party, which participates in the formation of the coalition German government, stands on the side of migrants, refusing to criticize Alexander Lukashenko. Such a position threatens to disrupt negotiations on the creation of a coalition.

The former Prime Minister of Poland, now a member of the European Parliament Leszek Miller, added fuel to the fire, saying that the current chairman of the Polish government, Mateusz Morawiecki, had usurped the right to freedom of information in the crisis zone of the pan-European space.

"There are questions in the European Parliament why the [Polish] government does not want help from the EU and Frontex (the European Union Agency for External Border Security, specializing in the relief of migration crises). This government does not want to have any observers, witnesses, any public control at the border."
https://diana-mihailova.livejournal.com/7227031.html

Old 11-12-2021, 07:37 AM

There is apparently a lot of migrants throughout Belarus. The number could be as high as 14000.

Old 11-12-2021, 08:06 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,582,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I don't think he offered any such thing. He also did not give instructions to prevent these people from entering Belarus with a transit VISA which is what they are buying. With that VISA you can enter the country and exit. It used to be good for 48 hours back in the day and cost $50. I would use one to transit Belarus on the Warsaw/Moscow train. If I had dallied and tried to exit the country I would be taken into custody until a fine was paid and then they would most likely throw me out the back of a truck in the nearest borders neutral zone. I would not be allowed to return.

Any travel company can request one of these VISAs for a traveler and easily obtain it electronically. My ex made a living off this stuff before COVID hit.

One has to ask, who are the Belarussians to turn down easy money? What travel agent is the type to turn down a commission on a ticket to Minck? What about the cab drivers and private citizens who for a fee will transport these people to the western border. Why should Belavia turn down a paying customer?

We are all familiar with the principles of capitalism and the free market aren't we?

I spoke with Yulia (ex's sister) in Gomel today. The cousin Svetlana is part of a Belarussian charity and she has been in the area with the refugees for days now. Belarussians are helping and so are Poles.

This was all started by the West years ago. Syria and Iraq are in a bad way thanx to war. I do not fault Poles or Belarussian people but I do fault the EU and Polish politicians for their games these last few years. There's a price to be paid for idiocy.

Lukashenko? He's doing what he thinks necessary to protect his country. Sad as it is. His opponents intend no less than the rape of Belarus. Belarussians know this too.
And why exactly is Belo suddenly overrun with 14,000 refugees from Syria and Iraq?

Old 11-12-2021, 09:33 AM

8,879 posts, read 8,493,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
EE is a mess.
Everything touched by Russia is a mess.

Old 11-12-2021, 06:29 PM

Update. Belavia airlines has stopped flying "tourists" from the ME and other areas. Students flying back and forth professionals business types are allowed. Turkish airlines along with many others are adopting this policy.

There was a threat to sanction Aeroflot which was not involved in this. Russia stated that if Aeroflot is sanctioned it will close Russian airspace to European air traffic. All of it.

In all honesty I think Lukashenko and Erdogan have been talking to one another. Remember the immigrant crisis a few years ago where Erdogan was playing games?

It's also hilarious how the EU has painted themselves into a corner. They refuse to speak to Lukashenko and turn to Putin for help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe