Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 11:34 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,181,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
Did Poland issue them transit visas?
Haha.

Russia did the exact same thing to Norway and Finland five years ago. It is a pain to share borders with authoritarian regimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2021, 11:55 AM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
But they sure like to advertise such things don't they? The West is paradise!!!!

You never hear the words "We're full" do you?
The fact is "we're full" of people we don't need. Room would and should be made for persecuted, educated people with something to contribute.

Old 11-13-2021, 01:00 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
Were these people invited in? I've had to ask permission to enter every country I've gone to.
Not any more than the ones at American borders. Funny how all these borders are suddenly being rushed, almost like there is a puppet master pulling the migrants strings to use them a puppets of disruption.

Old 11-13-2021, 01:07 PM

1,719 posts, read 730,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Not any more than the ones at American borders. Funny how all these borders are suddenly being rushed, almost like there is a puppet master pulling the migrants strings to use them a puppets of disruption.
And I think it will happen more and more in the future.

Old 11-13-2021, 01:23 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,181,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Belarus guard its borders like a true dictatorship. There is no way unauthorized people could enter the border zone without a permission.

Old 11-13-2021, 01:52 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,358,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
Did Poland issue them transit visas?
Of course not, so there is no reason Belarus authorities should have issued transit visas to anyone that arrives on a flight (or train, or bus) into Belarus without proof of a way to leave the country.

For example, if I was going to travel by land from Warsaw to Moscow (via Minsk), I would have to first buy a rail ticket for the complete journey and obtain a tourist visa to enter Russia. Then I could apply for a Belarus transit visa, because I could prove that my passage in and out of the country would be completed within the 48 hour duration of the transit visa. If Belarus authorities allowed people into the country on transit visas without verifying they had a guaranteed passage to leave the country, those authorities own the problem.

Old 11-13-2021, 02:06 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Poland is the country stopping them from proceeding to Germany. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Germany doesn't want them!

E.U. sides with Poland over migrants at Belarus border.

Your info isn't totally correct and I am not sure what's your agenda. European Union leaders are pledging solidarity in that country’s effort to keep out the migrants.

“The Poles have reacted correctly so far,†Seehofer told the German newspaper Bild of Poland’s reinforcement of the border. “We cannot criticise them for securing the EU’s external border with admissible means. The Poles are fulfilling a very important service for the whole of Europe.†( he is serving as Minister of the Interior, Building and Community)

Seehofer’s deputy, Stephan Mayer, told Bild that “Germany could send police very promptly to support Poland if Poland wants thatâ€.

Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany called President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia, urging him to push Belarus to stop its “inhuman and unacceptable†actions at the Polish border, her spokesman said.

The European Union, the United States and NATO have accused Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko of manufacturing a migrant crisis on the EU's eastern frontier as retribution for sanctions over human rights abuses.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/11...order-migrants

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/10/w...er-europe.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rges-eu-to-act

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ls-2021-10-19/

Old 11-13-2021, 02:30 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Migrants Say Belarusians Took Them to E.U. Border and Supplied Wire Cutters

The government of Belarus loosened its visa rules in August, Iraqi travel agents said, making a flight to the country a more palatable journey to Europe than the dangerous sea crossing from Turkey to Greece.

It increased flights by the state-owned airline, and then actively helped funnel migrants from the capital, Minsk, to the frontiers with Poland, Latvia and Lithuania.

As word went viral on social media that Belarus offered a route into Europe, the number of migrants snowballed.

And Belarusian security forces gave them directions on how to cross into the European Union countries, even handing out wire cutters and axes to cut through border fences.

The Belarus police guided us to the forest, then pointed directions to lead us inside the forest to keep us away from the official border crossing.

...and there is more:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/13/w...raq-kurds.html

Old 11-13-2021, 02:45 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,015,953 times
At the end of the day and the road those migrants don't want Poland, they want Germany and Poland is used unfairly as a bridge. This will not be the case if Poland wasn't in the eu, be it for the better or worse.

Old 11-13-2021, 02:47 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The fact is "we're full" of people we don't need. Room would and should be made for persecuted, educated people with something to contribute.
I agree. To me its simply a question of who is responsible for this situation and those people. America destroyed Iraq and to this day meddles in Iraqi affairs. The West tried to destroy Syria and the country was almost back in the stoneage not long ago.

The only other question considering this is are there any adults making decisions in the Western world?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe