Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 04:32 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,509,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I liked the way Sam Walton was. He didn't feel the need to impress anyone. Good for him for not lining up like the sheeple.

I also don't see Mark Zuckerberg worrying about what he wears, lol. He's laughing himself all the way to the bank.
Mark has been the same way but people already know the estimate net worth of Mark and Warren also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 07:01 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,980,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am a dress wearer. I always have been (even at age 6, I wasn't completely prissy, I played outside, played video games, but I just didn't like mud or bugs. ). They are easier, look "polished" and are low effort.

I am solidly middle class, but most of the time you'll find me in a dress or a skirt.

I have only been to a country club a handful of times.
I have worn slacks for a long time. Now it is annoying to have to remember to hold my legs in a 'ladylike' manner when in skirts. Ok, I'm lazy, too, and don't always remember to shave the legs. Yes, and wearing pantyhose or having to tint my legs so they look good in skirts, as well.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:09 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Mark Zuckerberg's look is absolutely a calculated marketing move. It's not JUST that he thinks hoodies are comfortable. It's branding.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:32 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,383,085 times
Quote:
My middle class sister is in the Junior League. They had an even there. I've been to a few other ones as well.
The Junior League and country clubs are filled with middle class/upper middle class women dressing to impress each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Mark Zuckerberg's look is absolutely a calculated marketing move. It's not JUST that he thinks hoodies are comfortable. It's branding.
Agree... Just as Hugh Hefner's work attire of silk pj's and robe was branding!

When Zuckerberg and Buffett need a suit for a global presentation, it is unlikely they are shopping at Sears for it.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:52 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,405,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
The Junior League and country clubs are filled with middle class/upper middle class women dressing to impress each other.

Agree... Just as Hugh Hefner's work attire of silk pj's and robe was branding!

When Zuckerberg and Buffett need a suit for a global presentation, it is unlikely they are shopping at Sears for it.
Actually, the only time I can see Zuckerberg wearing a suit would be a funeral or wedding of a family member or close friend. I don't believe he wears suits to any corporate meetings with any execs/investors.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:03 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
True, which is why I brush off my sister's attempts to get me to join. But I love to be nosy and go on the home tours. I just love checking out peoples houses (and how they are decorated/composed).

Old 05-18-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
True, which is why I brush off my sister's attempts to get me to join. But I love to be nosy and go on the home tours. I just love checking out peoples houses (and how they are decorated/composed).
I feel the same way. We have a Spring Home Tour coming up that I'll attend. The Junior League does a lot of philanthropy, but the politics crack me up. One of my friends was a president. I have never had the desire to join. I have my fill with school/church volunteer projects with large groups of women.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Actually, the only time I can see Zuckerberg wearing a suit would be a funeral or wedding of a family member or close friend. I don't believe he wears suits to any corporate meetings with any execs/investors.
It seems like he's wearing more suits lately, maybe to woo investors on his IPO. But his suits don't look too expensive to me. Maybe he does shop at Sears!

With IPO Looming, Is Facebook's Advertising Business Ready For Prime Time? | Business | TIME.com

http://www.hauteliving.com/wp-conten...hackathon.jpeg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lle_018_v1.jpg

Old 05-18-2012, 09:57 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,405,624 times
Quote:
It seems like he's wearing more suits lately, maybe to woo investors on his IPO. But his suits don't look too expensive to me. Maybe he does shop at Sears!

With IPO Looming, Is Facebook's Advertising Business Ready For Prime Time? | Business | TIME.com

http://www.hauteliving.com/wp-conten...hackathon.jpeg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lle_018_v1.jpg

Are you sure those photos aren't all from the g8 summit in '11 as opposed to being taken recently?

Old 05-18-2012, 10:27 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,656,687 times
When was the last time you saw a man sporting a blue blazer and an ascot in Walmart?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty