Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 06:14 PM

701 posts, read 1,563,300 times

Advertisements

I've never been fitted, but depending on the bra, 34B (my size since...forever) is either perfect or the cups are slightly too big . I'm probably like a 32C, which is very close in size.

To the person who repped me: A is too small and B is often perfect. I have a small torso, so I'm going to try sizing down for the band, but moving up a letter for a comparable fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 06:31 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelles View Post
I've never been fitted, but depending on the bra, 34B (my size since...forever) is either perfect or the cups are slightly too big . I'm probably like a 32C, which is very close in size.

To the person who repped me: A is too small and B is often perfect. I have a small torso, so I'm going to try sizing down for the band, but moving up a letter for a comparable fit.
You might be a slightly trickier size like 30D or 28E. Especially if your torso is small.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:40 PM

484 posts, read 854,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Have you been professionally sized (not by Victoria Secret, but a quality bra/lingerie outfit)?

And do you wear bras that you KNOW are ill fitting?

curious as to why you say not VS?

I seldom have worn a bra in my entire life. I do wear a sports bra for when I work out. I have a few show off bra's with crystals etc that I will wear with a shear top, a open top or blazer or under a see through poncho. But for every day wear no.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
You might be a slightly trickier size like 30D or 28E. Especially if your torso is small.
Wow, I'm not that tiny! I actually just broke out my measuring tape and around the bust is 32 1/2 - 33 in, and under the bust is 29 1/2 - 30 inches. So, going down to a 32 band sounds about right.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:19 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Yes I have and yes ,..............

Which reminds me that I have two shmatas that I should replace, as well as my bras!

D
What are those?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelles View Post
Wow, I'm not that tiny! I actually just broke out my measuring tape and around the bust is 32 1/2 - 33 in, and under the bust is 29 1/2 - 30 inches. So, going down to a 32 band sounds about right.
Actually, a 30 might be pretty good for you as well.

For reference, I am 33 under the bust, and in 34s....and potentially some 32s, my very new 34s are feeling loose.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post
curious as to why you say not VS?

I seldom have worn a bra in my entire life. I do wear a sports bra for when I work out. I have a few show off bra's with crystals etc that I will wear with a shear top, a open top or blazer or under a see through poncho. But for every day wear no.
VS has very limited sizes. Many women don't fit into them at all. For example, even if I kept increasing the band size, there isn't a cup big enough to fit me. VS's fit philosophy is to fit people into a size they carry, even if the bra doesn't fit well at all, and you have spillage on the sides, top or bottom. If you look at a VS catalog, none of the models are wearing properly fitting bras.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:47 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
I like to wear bras that are somewhat too small for me on purpose. I think it looks sexier and they tend to last longer since they don't stretch out as fast in the band and straps (they have a lot more stretching to do before that happens).

I buy 32 Cs at victorias secret but I'm practically busting out of them. I just split one in half this week lol. The band that connects the cups in front just ripped open while I was getting ready on a bra that is only lightly used. I think I'll try a 32 D next time. 34 C fits, but I like the look of "busting out" slightly ...just not as much as been happening recently . I recently noticed my 32 bras are creating a 4 boob look, not cute

Old 07-26-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Actually, a 30 might be pretty good for you as well.

For reference, I am 33 under the bust, and in 34s....and potentially some 32s, my very new 34s are feeling loose.
O_O wow. I never would have thought I would need a bra so tiny. Now I want to go try on some bras when I go to work (I work at Macy's, haha)!

Old 07-26-2012, 08:15 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,723,264 times
I probably need to get fitted as I've never had a comfy bra.

My straps fall off my shoulders, I have side-boob, and you can see where the top edges of my bra are raised when I wear a fitted shirt.

Any idea where you can get fitted at a mall that's actually trained and honest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty