Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 06:39 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,883,274 times

Advertisements

boobies. giggity...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 06:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,655,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Let's clear up this Giselle nonsense. Her bra size is listed as 34 B, those are likely Victoria's Secret type measurements where you add 4, so I bet she's 30 under bust. She's also 5'10.
30 sounds about right...but unfortunately ALL celebrites/models/etc. have to be a standard size, even if they're very obviously not. I read somewhere that Christina Hendricks is a 36D and Kat Dennings was a 34D, both of which are very hard to believe. However, if they came out and said 'I'm a 28H' people would flip out and the shaming would begin. I've had it happen to myself on several occasions. Hell, I've heard people say DD cups are only for 'wh*res' and 'skanks'... I mean, really? But it happens.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:55 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,917,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Skeletons can be shaped differently, some are narrow and some aren't. I have an extremely deep ribcage and I measure 35" around even when I was very thin. If you google someone like Gisele (who is a few inches shorter than me) her ribcage is VERY narrow and even though she's tall she likely wears a 28 or 30 at the most. It's just the way her skeleton is shaped.

You likely just have a deep ribcage like I do.

When I see Giselle and other VS models, I imagine they must not even fit into VS bras. I am 100% sure that the bras they model are altered because the 32 bands on MY body ride up and I'm no VS model.

I'm size 4-6, 5'4". If a 32 inch VS band rides up on my figure which is about average woman sized, there is no way VS models actually wear VS bras unaltered.

I'm about to return a boat load of VS bras because the 32 band is just not supportive at all.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:00 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,917,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
Giselle's very small likely has a 28. I am sorry but I'm not convinced 28 is large. Especially for hourglasses you do know an hourglass can be small

The women in op were hourglasses so they had a v as well on top so likely their rib cages are bigger
It says those women's sizes are posted on the website they model for. I believe Jade posted the link. There is no need to argue, if you think its false advertising, just contact the website but as far as this thread is concerned I think there is legitimacy to the statement about those women's sizes.

Once you get out of Victoria's Secret and JC Penney, and into higher end or Euro brands bra sizes run A LOT differently. This woman wears a 26 or 28 band:

Thin and Curvy: About Me

Old 06-19-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
When I see Giselle and other VS models, I imagine they must not even fit into VS bras. I am 100% sure that the bras they model are altered because the 32 bands on MY body ride up and I'm no VS model.

I'm size 4-6, 5'4". If a 32 inch VS band rides up on my figure which is about average woman sized, there is no way VS models actually wear VS bras unaltered.

I'm about to return a boat load of VS bras because the 32 band is just not supportive at all.
There is no way those models are actually wearing off the rack VS bras. I'm sure they're all hand fitted specifically for the shows and catalogs, but the 'style' is the same. There's also no way that those models would ever tell their 'true' sizes because if they can't wear the product, how can they convincingly sell it to others?

Old 06-19-2013, 07:40 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,238,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
What a crazy world we live in where some people consider those women to be "plus-sized."
Not only are they plus size, they are above average, at least over here.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:59 PM

517 posts, read 1,000,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I posted their bra sizes as calculated by the lingerie company they modeled for. All ranged from 28-30. The women pictured aren't "super small." I think the average model is more like 24 as they have much smaller frames than the women pictured.

Poke around on the bra band project. Most if the women with a 28 band aren't model sized. A thin poster her has mentioned she is officially a 24 band. Which is difficult to impossible to find.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
If so then how come my mom is a pear 93 lbs and 4'11".

Also they're hourglasses so their rib cage should be bigger than their rib cage

Btw that was her waist not rib cage.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
By those pictures they've got to be a 32 they have muffin tops like 34... That explains why girls tend to have love handles so much js for the smaller bands

Old 06-19-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
It says those women's sizes are posted on the website they model for. I believe Jade posted the link. There is no need to argue, if you think its false advertising, just contact the website but as far as this thread is concerned I think there is legitimacy to the statement about those women's sizes.

Once you get out of Victoria's Secret and JC Penney, and into higher end or Euro brands bra sizes run A LOT differently. This woman wears a 26 or 28 band:

Thin and Curvy: About Me
She doesn't look the same size. She just has big boobs lol
She does have a pooch but that's just her stomach. But if you want to live in a fantasy go ahead.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
By those pictures they've got to be a 32 they have muffin tops like 34... That explains why girls tend to have love handles so much js for the smaller bands
What does rib cage size have to do with having love handles? You can have a narrow ribcage and still be overweight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty