Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 04:05 PM

277 posts, read 506,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
You are the one who keeps spinning this into something it's not by accusing everyone else of being jealous or resentful of black skin. You've been asked numerous times to present your evidence since you are presenting your arguments that way. Instead, you ignore the requests and go off about how "less melanin" people are jealous, bitter and resentful. This is not the first thread where others have posted links to substantiate their comments but you refuse to acknowledge those as well, all while refusing to back up your claims.
Stop spinning vintage girl. Black skin is Unique. You know it, I know it, and the world knows it. Stop being foolish and silly and stop the resentment. Let go of the insecurities and stop being embarrassed. It's unnecessary and stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 04:10 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Ironic!

Usually ones who vociferously make unique claims at the expense of others are the ones who are insecure.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Burden of proof is on the person making the claim. That's you genius.

I gave you a rebuttal but as you said your are to afraid to read it let alone offer any sources.

I'll let you go since you obviously have some type of racial agenda instead of sticking to the topics.

Good Bye Beautiful!
Shiloh the Onus is on you. I laid the facts now disprove it and since you know more than I do prove me wrong anyway. You never gave a rebuttal. You keep posting because you're embarrassed and been served and don't know how to handle it. Swallow your pride and resentment.

You're still spinning. You are the one with the racial agenda. Resent that the uniqueness of black skin is not in everyone's favor. How cruel. It is such insecurities that causes hate, fear, jealousy and racism. Let it go.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Ironic!

Usually ones who vociferously make unique claims at the expense of others are the ones who are insecure.
Shiloh let it go. I don't want any animosity towards you. This could have been an insightful informative thread if people would have kept their bruised ego, or pride, in check.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:20 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Caliper-measured skin thickness is simila... [J Am Acad Dermatol. 2000] - PubMed - NCBI

Google is our friend everyone.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:22 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,194,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonandStars View Post
It's meaningful to people lives. Why do you think people have to argue it. Their self esteem is bruised.
If their self esteem is bruised from a mere compliment I made to Asian women without criticizing anyone else, they can talk to a close friend to deal with it. How can a compliment bruise self esteem unless someone is very insecure?

The only thing I could add is I know and interact with people of all races whose appearance defies their age. I think it happens more often Asians, but can happen with a person of any race. BTW, I am white. I don't know how I can be more respectful than that, but someone may be offended anyways.

OK, thanks for sharing your views.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:39 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,352,784 times
Quote:
The thread compose of opinion and fact. Black skin is thicker, oilier, more resistant to sun damage, of course darker, more prone to scarring are all facts. Black skin not wrinkling as quickly as pale or light skin is also fact.
You can't just generalize black skin and white skin into whole categories. There are many elements that have to be included in just the fact that you are black or white.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:47 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,352,784 times
Quote:
I will not stop responding to you until I'm finish serving you. I will repeat everything I said until your ears bleed. Stop being dishonest and trying to spin your stance. If you learn how to do that this convo would have ended several posts ago.

I suggest you chuckle since you are burning with resentment which is totally unnecessary and somewhat cruel. Be secure with your self pale face.
This has obviously become a racist thread where it did not begin that way. This posters behavior is unacceptable.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:53 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,652 times
Um, I'm a black woman and my skin is not oily at all, it's very dry actually... Just saying.... That being said, yes most of the black women I know did age very well. But, there are a few black women in my family that did not--and it was because of their lifestyle--smoking, stress, poverty, etc. As for white women--the ones I see that age terribly are actually the ones that tan a lot, dye their hair a lot, smoke, or eat unhealthy. You know the orange "hot" attractive looking girls at 20, who still tan like crazy in their thirties and wake up at 40 with an orange permanent tint and wrinkly skin. I think that while sun is good for you, tanning all the time(year long--tan beds and all) is NOT healthy for you, especially if you do frequently.

And the person who said asian woman age better than any group? Really? I have yet to see an Asian woman that looks super young when they are fifty or that has aged any better than any other group... I just have not seen it. I think Asian women age well, don't get me wrong, but not better than other groups... Though they tend to be the slimmest race of women(I noticed).

All things being equal, I'd say that while I have seen more black women aging great when they are older, I have seen women of other races who aged just as nicely if they weren't tanning excessively or constantly out in the sun. So I can surmise that as long as women do not tan excessively, partake in a healthy lifestyle, and have good genes that it is possible that they will age well no matter their race.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:00 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
If their self esteem is bruised from a mere compliment I made to Asian women without criticizing anyone else, they can talk to a close friend to deal with it. How can a compliment bruise self esteem unless someone is very insecure?

The only thing I could add is I know and interact with people of all races whose appearance defies their age. I think it happens more often Asians, but can happen with a person of any race. BTW, I am white. I don't know how I can be more respectful than that, but someone may be offended anyways.

OK, thanks for sharing your views.

My experiences differ from yours with Asian women... Though I do think Asian women, in general, age well. I have met a lot of black women that look much younger than what they are, but I have met black women that have aged a LOT and they are young. They just looked hard--it was their lifestyle, and they smoked, etc. While I think melonin certainly plays a role in the aging process(probably a big one too), I think lifestyle is equally important. Women who don't try to get orange, who eat healthy, and drink lots of water, work out, etc will age gracefully, race aside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty