Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 06:45 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,971,739 times

Advertisements

Sandra Bullock without a doubt! She's 50 and still hotter than most younger women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 07:37 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,051,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
While I agree with some (Cruise, Stamos, etc.) I'll mention others not already mentioned (love 'em or hate 'em), at least in their fifties.

Johnny Depp...50.
Ralph Fiennes...51.
Colin Firth...53.
Denzel Washington...59.
Pierce Brosnan...61.
Jeff Goldblum...61.

Demi Moore...51.
Julia Louis-Dreyfuss...53.
Ellen Degeneres...56.
Fran Drescher...56
Iman...58.
Susan Sarandon...77.
Fixed.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:58 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,275,727 times
Quote:
Fixed.
Not totally fixed.....Susan Sarandon is not 77 ....she's 67.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:00 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,275,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Sandra Bullock without a doubt! She's 50 and still hotter than most younger women.
Agree, Sandra Bullock is incredible, must be very good jeans...oops I mean genes.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:11 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,960,282 times
Brangelina....

Old 06-01-2014, 11:28 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
Sharon Stone turned 56 this past March, and looked as scorchingly sexy as ever with legs that go on for miles in Fading Gigolo.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:09 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRUA View Post
Agree, also I'm not sure just how old Iman really is....a poster earlier in this thread had her at 68 (maybe a typo),
I've seen both 1951 and 1955 as her birth year on various web sites as well as celeb bio books/almanacs. She does look good, does not look that young though.

A celebrity who has aged well.... best example has to be ....

Joan Rivers ....turns 81 this month and looks mid 50s ....still funny too.
Have you actually seen Joan Rivers lately? She looks every bit of 81, even despite the very extensive plastic surgery she's had done.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:44 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Although she looks her age, I think Sofia Vergara blows most 20 yr olds out if the water.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:15 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,051,714 times
Quote:
While I agree with some (Cruise, Stamos, etc.) I'll mention others not already mentioned (love 'em or hate 'em), at least in their fifties.

Johnny Depp...50.
Ralph Fiennes...51.
Colin Firth...53.
Denzel Washington...59.
Pierce Brosnan...61.
Jeff Goldblum...61.

Demi Moore...51.
Julia Louis-Dreyfuss...53.
Ellen Degeneres...56.
Fran Drescher...56
Iman...58.
Susan Sarandon...67.
Quote:
Fixed.
I can't believe I missed that... .

Old 06-02-2014, 04:00 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,304,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Your statement makes it sound like everyone does that. I don't. I consider all these women to be hot.
Not sure of the source of these photos or the purpose for their organization. I think these photos are symptomatic of this thread. Certainly the faces of these young women are attractive irrespective of skin tone. Are they models? However, they all just seem to be variations of a "Western" ideal of beauty. By only being able to judge by their headshots, they all appear to be thin. The "Western" model beauty ideal of thinness is not universal, even in the "West". It reminds of a couple of Miss Universe contestants from a decade or so ago in which people were aghast because they were not rail thin. The one's below were the pictures I could find. I happen to think they were just as beautiful (if not more so) than the other contestants.

Also in your photos, there are a few African and South Asian headshots but none of the models appear to be particularly dark. Hundreds of millions of South Asian people are dark-skinned (darker than many Africans) and are rarely if ever held up as a standard of beauty all though there are plenty of very beautiful very dark tropical women!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I beg to differ. I live in South Florida in a metro population of almost six million and not one Hispanic, Latino, or non Latino South America or of Caribbean origins considers themselves White. No one.

MTV did show black videos in the beginning but they showed very few. I remember Prince videos very few and far in between but they did come on occasionally.

To get back to the OP, I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think Angelina Jolie is beautiful at all even though media tells me I'm wrong every day.
Cubans in Miami do not consider themselves white? You may want to travel south of the Broward County Line my friend. There are very sharp distinctions between the descendants of the first wave of Cuban exiles who were overwhelmingly of European descent vs. the Marielitos (and their descendants) who had discernibly more African heritage.

MTV absolutely did not show black videos in the beginning. People have looked at MTV Yearbooks at it appears that MTV was around for almost two years before even showing Prince's "Little Red Corvette" (hence my picture of Prince who wasn't exactly the "blackest" of artists - that's its own separate discussion). Although I am loathe to use Wikipedia as any sort of source, it's entry on MTV's color barrier is pretty accurate.

MTV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I definitely refute many of the revisionist claims made by the MTV personnel in the entry. To say that many of the black artists did not make videos is 1000% FALSE. The only reason why BET existed in the first place was to show the "black" videos that MTV would not (and to show reruns of black 70s sitcoms in syndication).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty