Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 08:07 AM

706 posts, read 1,180,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
a) Two eyes, a right eye and a left eye
b) A nose with two nostrils
c) A mouth, with an upper and lower lip
d) A chin
e) Cheeks, one left and one right
f) Teeth ... when they are visible
g) A forehead
h) A hairline of some kind
i) Ears ... maybe. Some women have ears prominant enough to be considered part of her face.
j) Two eyebrows, one above each eye, one to the right and one to the left
k) Eyelashes affixed both above and below the eye; this applies to both eyes
l) Eye interior - various parts including cornea, retina, pupil, iris, etc. This applies to both eyes.
m) That little divot just beneath the nose (called the philtrum in anatomy textbooks)
n) Eyelids; one for each eye
o Tongue, when it is stuck out to lick something, give someone the raspberry, or freeze its tip to a cold flagpole

Optional Accessories

a) Moles and "beauty" marks
b) Age spots
c) Crow's feet, laugh lines, and other wrinkles
d) Make-up (mostly noticed when there's too much of it)
e) Scraggly little hairs above the lip or on the cheek (electrolysis is helpful here)
f) furrows on the forehead ... makes one look like a Klingon if they're too deep
g) Glasses
i) Dimples, for that irresistably pinchable look
j) Cleft in the chin
k) Bangs, good for covering up Klingon-like forehead furrows (see item f)
l) Pimples, blackheads, and other signs of acne
j) Scars and pockmarks from getting chickenpox later in life
l) Other scars, like from that night when you went into biker bar and tried to take "Cobra" from his biker chick girlfriend (if only you knew she had a knife ...)
m) Overbites and underbites
n) Braces (for some) and those awful wire frames that stick out of the mouth and go all the way around the head (for those even more unlucky)
o) Bits of food or a milk mustache for those women who are untidy eaters. (Food goes into the mouth, not around it)
p) Oil - some women have lots of it on their skin so that they shine as if just buffed and polished with Turtle Wax
q) Various piercings, especially in the nose, lip, and eyebrow. Special note: piercings are often mistaken for item "o" on this list when seen from a distance)
r) A neck, irresistably wringable, especially the person's neck who wrote a post like this one.

LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 09:54 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Is this thread going somewhere or is it but a whirlpool in the grand scheme of C-D?

Old 07-14-2014, 11:54 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
OP you might like this brand!
Saint Harridan - Sleek Masculine Suits for Women and Transmen - Saint Harridan

It is pretty tricky if you have a femme shape and femme features. Do not know if you plan on taking hormones, but maybe working on makeup tips to make your jaw look a little more square. And of course choosing the appropriately tailored clothing to hide your feminine shape.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:58 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
What about weight lifting? The super muscled women weight lifters look very masculine to me. If you have delicate facial features, the bulked up masculine body might offset that. Are you planning any type of hormone therapy?

Old 07-14-2014, 02:53 PM

459 posts, read 768,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
OP you might like this brand!
Saint Harridan - Sleek Masculine Suits for Women and Transmen - Saint Harridan

It is pretty tricky if you have a femme shape and femme features. Do not know if you plan on taking hormones, but maybe working on makeup tips to make your jaw look a little more square. And of course choosing the appropriately tailored clothing to hide your feminine shape.
I'm pretty good at hiding my feminine shape. I have an androgynous body shape since I have broad shoulders smaller hips in comparison I have a good time dressing my body all I have to do is wear a binder and I'm good. It's just my face. I have a "male" voice. It's a prepubescent boyish voice around 12 I can go deeper into my chest voice to be even deeper but it's still male. So I have everything but the face which gets on my nerves. Because it's a big factor.

I tried contouring it gives me a harder look but my cheekbones soften it and my lips just are a dead giveaway.

I don't want to take T most of the time because I don't have body dysforia. Idk if i'd even be allowed since I don't mind my body as it is I actually look it.

Old 07-14-2014, 02:57 PM

459 posts, read 768,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
What about weight lifting? The super muscled women weight lifters look very masculine to me. If you have delicate facial features, the bulked up masculine body might offset that. Are you planning any type of hormone therapy?
I actually am exercising to accentuate my masculine trait. Just when presenting as male I really have no idea what to do with my lips. Maybe I guess just accept there's some things I can't change I suppose.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:05 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
No, white women aren't perceived as masculine. I'm pretty sure it's common sense which race is most feminine and which is least, of course it's offensive to say, but there was even a study published in psychologytoday on it.
Gisele Bundchen is the only woman I named who has a jalapeño nose. And not every white woman has a jalapeño nose. But it's generally a not so attractive feature in itself.

Anyway, you can continue the racial discussion if you want this thread closed. Cause it's not acceptable on this site.
Michelle phan has minimized the appearance of her lips in videos. You have to use lipliner to shape the lips as you want them, then use foundation on the outside of the outline so that it looks like your skin.

And then michelle has applied a pink lipstick to her inner lips which makes them look a bit smaller
wow what an idiot?

so btw,what if some races have feminine faces but masculine bodies(hint hint)

Old 07-14-2014, 04:13 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
No, white women aren't perceived as masculine. I'm pretty sure it's common sense which race is most feminine and which is least, of course it's offensive to say, but there was even a study published in psychologytoday on it.
Gisele Bundchen is the only woman I named who has a jalapeño nose. And not every white woman has a jalapeño nose. But it's generally a not so attractive feature in itself.

Anyway, you can continue the racial discussion if you want this thread closed. Cause it's not acceptable on this site.
Michelle phan has minimized the appearance of her lips in videos. You have to use lipliner to shape the lips as you want them, then use foundation on the outside of the outline so that it looks like your skin.

And then michelle has applied a pink lipstick to her inner lips which makes them look a bit smaller
I do seem to think you like to see what you want to see in terms of standards of beauty. I know the exact story you are referencing that was quickly debunked. I do have to wonder though, if it was such an obvious conclusion, why isn't there a ton of academic research on the topic.

One important thing I have learned (and this was reinforced by a visit to the Museum of Sex. If you are in NYC it is actually a really cool museum to check out), is that there are some things that are innate in human sexuality and attraction, and many other things that are defined by your own society. This translates across cultures and across animal species.

So for people in "western society" fair skin, youthfulness, radiance and delicate features have been defined as "feminine." And in other culture different ideals predominate. Some culture like wide hips, some like narrow hips. Some like small waists and big butts, others like small waists and big hips with flat butts. Some like big breasts, others don't like that at all. And of course individuals have their own preferences too.

Other than symmetry, there isn't much in terms of universal beauty.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:17 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,679,372 times
Quote:
Generally fair/light, even complexion, small nose (not jalapeño, flat or wide), soft full lips, prominent cheekbones. It's not set in stone and varies by culture

Symmetrical features is probably most important.

Miranda Kerr is an example of a youthful, feminine face or Adamari Lopez. But then again Sofia Vergara has a pretty feminine face.

Masculine is Gisele Bundchen or Rihanna

Oh and as for minimizing. There is surgery for that. I just personally avoid red lipstick or lipstick period since it makes lips look bigger ha. Monkey lips (as a guy friend once called them) aren't exactly attractive ha

Miranda Kerr is a good example, even though she does have kind of a large nose. But still she looks youthful and very feminine.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:30 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,679,372 times
I do not want to add to what many posters here also said, for they already nailed it. I just want to say that having one of these features does not make everyone feminine. Plenty of men have small noses, for example, but look very much like men.

Just like some women have features that may be associated with masculinity, but in total they look very much feminine.

By the way OP would you mind posting a photo of yourself? I no longer get this, but I used to be mistaken for a girl when I was 13 and younger. It changed with puberty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty