Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 10:45 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You're stepping in a minefield starting a thread about plastic surgery on your breasts. I know; I started a thread about breast reduction surgery a couple of months ago, and a mod ended having to delete a lot of the stupid posts. So be prepared for a litany of responses from guys who say you should/should not have the surgery because the way your boobs look is all about what THEY want Anyway, it is not shallow to want to improve your appearance, IMO. Your appearance is directly tied to your self esteem, and people will do many things to help themselves feel better. Even if it is shallow, so what? It's your money and your decision.

Just be aware that getting a boob job will not solve your problems or change you as a person. It will only change the way your breasts look. Be sure you choose a plastic surgeon who has done many of these procedures and look at his/her portfolio to see real life results from his/her patients before choosing that doctor. Good luck with your decision.
That's not necessarily true. Maxwell Maltz was a plastic surgeon in the '60s who noticed that trivial surgery could make a massive change in someone's life. He invented and promoted self-image psychology, on the theory that how we see ourselves defines us. He recommended changing our self image rather than changing our bodies. His book, Psycho Cybernetics is still considered a classic self-help book.

Maxwell Maltz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-24-2015, 08:49 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Do it...

The bigger boobs might translate into a better life overall.

You might be able to catch more men's eyes with them,and one could be really rich.
You might get better jobs offers,more people being nice to you,etc.

You think Pam Anderson would have been as popular as she is with B cups?
I really hope what you wrote was sarcasm.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:44 AM

38 posts, read 57,768 times
I'm so excited. I have finally narrowed down which type of implants I will get, as well as, which surgeon I will utilize. In two months, my best friend and I will be heading to Beverly Hills for my surgery w/ Dr. Kim.

I'm hoping to achieve the same look as the woman in the video (with saline implants (which is natural salt water)). I'd love to go with silicone, but safety comes first. FYI: I can't post the link, because her breasts are shown during the examination. If however you are curious, you can view Nikita's video on drkimbeverlyhills youtube page. The video is called "Breast Augmentation Trans-umbilical Approach."

Last edited by Beautyxoxo; 03-24-2015 at 10:00 AM..

Old 03-24-2015, 06:41 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautyxoxo View Post
I'm so excited. I have finally narrowed down which type of implants I will get, as well as, which surgeon I will utilize. In two months, my best friend and I will be heading to Beverly Hills for my surgery w/ Dr. Kim.

I'm hoping to achieve the same look as the woman in the video (with saline implants (which is natural salt water)). I'd love to go with silicone, but safety comes first. FYI: I can't post the link, because her breasts are shown during the examination. If however you are curious, you can view Nikita's video on drkimbeverlyhills youtube page. The video is called "Breast Augmentation Trans-umbilical Approach."

Good for you! Just be prepared for guys to talk to your chest.
Best of luck!

Old 03-24-2015, 07:00 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,823,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melovescookies View Post
I have a very petite friend that's about 5'1 & 95 lbs. She got her breasts done to a full C & it looks ridiculous on her because she's so small. It literally looks like she's going to tip over because her proportions are so off.

We've talked about it and she regrets getting them.

You may not though, some girls love their fake boobs. I would probably not rush into getting them. Maybe wait a year or two and see how you feel about it then.
I know quite a few people who have had augmentation done. Most I don't know well enough to know if they are happy with them or not. But two are pretty close friends. I am certain both of them are very satisfied with what they've done, and this is quite a few years after the fact. I've known them both before and after. Both were very small before and did NOT overdo the augmentation, so both of their "after" images are very very natural looking. You wouldn't know they'd "had work done".

Some people don't go overboard with it.

I guess my point is, no one can tell you definitively if it's shallow or not, it all depends on you. If it's something you want to do and you can afford it, do it!

Old 03-24-2015, 07:09 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,457,265 times
Of course, ya know, (in my best Bugs Bunny voice) a thread like this on C-D wouldn't be complete unless someone didn't implore you to show us all the before and after photos!

Old 03-24-2015, 07:44 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
I'm just wondering if others think it's shallow to undergo breast augmentation?
Nope. As long as you are going with a size that looks natural, and do your research on surgeons and implants, I don't see a thing wrong with it.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:48 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:

Jesus - that procedure looks awful! I would never opt for that. I think she went too large, and honestly I think she looked great before. Just my 2 cents.

For what it's worth, saline implants are very unnatural looking, and feel nothing like natural breasts. Silicone is far and away the best choice, if you want natural looking. All of the old stuff about silicone was disproved - they are perfectly safe. Your choice of course. Good luck.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:08 PM

38 posts, read 57,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Jesus - that procedure looks awful! I would never opt for that. I think she went too large, and honestly I think she looked great before. Just my 2 cents.

For what it's worth, saline implants are very unnatural looking, and feel nothing like natural breasts. Silicone is far and away the best choice, if you want natural looking. All of the old stuff about silicone was disproved - they are perfectly safe. Your choice of course. Good luck.
I'm not sure if you watched the correct video, but Nikita looks fantastic. Prior to the surgery, she looked like a little girl. I'm around the same size, therefore, I know first hand how it feels to go through life not looking like a fully developed woman. She was smart to get the implants.

I do however agree that under most circumstances, saline implants look very unnatural, but if one elects the tear dropped saline implants (like Nikita) the look is more natural, but the feel is not on the level of the silicone implants.

Although silicone gel implants are new and improved, one cannot state that silicone is "perfectly safe," because that's simply untrue. In fact, any bona fide plastic surgeon will state that there are risks involved with silicone. In any event, it's up to the individual who elects to go forward with the surgery to conduct their research and determine which option is best for their body.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:36 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
I didn't watch the surgery but I agree with ChessieMom that she went too big. She even said in the video that the size was unnaturally large and that as they dropped a bit as she got further out from surgery, they started to look even bigger. I'm in favor of getting the implants if you want them but I think you need to go with a little bit smaller, more natural size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty