Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 09:38 PM

490 posts, read 660,501 times

Advertisements

I have been to 45 states, to many big cities, many small cities and it seems to me that the most beautiful people are typically in the larger cities. Why is it that the more cosmopolitan a person is the more beautiful they are?

Not saying that only ugly people live in rural areas. Have seen hotties in the middle of no where but just very few of them.

Is it Competition? more current with trends? Aren't people in the city typically busier and should theoretically have less time to groom themselves and are generally more stressed out, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 09:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Wut?

Old 03-21-2015, 09:46 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM90046 View Post
I have been to 45 states, to many big cities, many small cities and it seems to me that the most beautiful people are typically in the larger cities. Why is it that the more cosmopolitan a person is the more beautiful they are?
You see that Because some folks are so easily fooled by a coat of fresh paint, and some plastic trim. Your idea of beautiful and another's idea of the same may be completely different, since your basing your assumption on opinion only.

I find large cities repulsive, dirty, and having the same folks that there are anywhere else.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:05 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,976 times
I definitely know what you mean. I live in Chicago and visited NW Indiana over the weekend. I almost forgot how terrible most of the women look here. After they reach a certain age, they seem to stop caring about what they look like. They are overweight, have messy hair and wear no makeup. They also wear sweatpants and oversized sweatshirts everywhere. Why not have more pride in your appearance?

Old 03-21-2015, 10:07 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
They're not.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:46 PM

490 posts, read 660,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
You see that Because some folks are so easily fooled by a coat of fresh paint, and some plastic trim. Your idea of beautiful and another's idea of the same may be completely different, since your basing your assumption on opinion only.

I find large cities repulsive, dirty, and having the same folks that there are anywhere else.
Fooled? If a fresh coat of paint is my idea of beauty then I am in no way fooled, fool.

Let me rephrase the question for you. Why do people have fresher paint in the city?

Old 03-22-2015, 08:33 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
30 years ago while working in a grocery store, id see these mothers shopping with their teenage daughters...
so I asked an older guy what happens to all these cute girls ..... by the time they are 40-50 (I was 18 at the time so 40 was "old")

the old guy said without hesitation,, 4-8 kids,,,that will suck the life out of anyone

I think its perception,,,,,you go to the big cities,,what do you see?? people, lots and lots of people,,,so with so many people,,,you are bound to see more attractive folks

Old 03-22-2015, 08:36 AM

1,006 posts, read 1,513,354 times
Easier access to amenities, other people, jobs, health care, ect.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:39 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Europeanflava View Post
Easier access to amenities, other people, jobs, health care, ect.
yes I agree,,

but also less physical stress,,,
most city jobs are not as laborious as working 16 hrs a day on a farm

a lot of hard miles on the country folks

Old 03-22-2015, 08:48 AM

248 posts, read 341,039 times
Beautiful people migrate to cities because that's where the Hollywood, fashion and 'beauty' style industries are, for starters. People walk more in cities which means they may be leaner and thus better looking. Competition for everything from jobs to mates mean they may try harder with clothes, hair and makeup (constantly comparing themselves to others). Probably more are younger; I can't imagine dealing with a big city at 70 or 80... and then there's the 'I don't belong there' feeling that 'ordinary' or average people may have. I know I feel utterly out of place in a big city because I refuse to wear high heels, fancy clothes or get my hair 'done'... and makeup at my age is a joke I'm not willing to tolerate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty