Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 07:15 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

tell you what, our local news station covers the yearly flower show in our area, and the women had gowns on, however, their boobs were hanging out so badly, it was pathetic? I don't understand, how they felt it was in good taste....showed a couple of friends the pictures, and they were shocked that they wore something so revealing in a public place....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 07:17 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Yes, they are flaunting it and they don't care. The radical feminists made it okay and then throw in the, "I should be able to wear whatever I want without guys staring at me."

Personally, I believe if you're wearing tight or revealing clothing, that you shouldn't complain when people stare at you because I believe you're making an open invitation (coming from a 21 year-old young lady). I never expose my cleavage nor do I wear anything shorter than knee-length because I know that breasts and thighs can be very lustful. Even when dressed appropriately, I still have guys that make sexual remarks (I'm not trying to sound conceited, but I do consider myself to be attractive).

What in the world does "radical feminism" have to do with women choosing to wear revealing clothing? You do realize that there have always been women who have chosen wear more "daring" attire, don't you? Yes, even in the Victorian era, women did this. Heck, Cleopatra wore revealing clothing. So, were they all "radical" feminists?

Oh, and what does your attractiveness have to do with the topic of this thread?

Old 07-28-2015, 07:20 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Yes. I do vividly recall the bra-less tube tops sported by so many of the young moms and their daughters when I was playing Little League baseball. No doubt accelerated puberty.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:40 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
The poster of Farrah Fawcett and her famous swimsuit came out in 1976, almost 40 years ago. What did you think about her wares on display? You were right around puberty then, OP.

Behind the Picture of Farrah Fawcett That Made her an Icon - TIME

Old 07-28-2015, 07:42 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodoven View Post
I can't recall such a visual barrage in previous decades, especially the yoga pants aka leggings trend. It seems less and less is left to the imagination on the streets, combined with more narcissism.

Is this noticeable to most men, or am I just getting older and finding younger women less accessible, hence getting distracted in a different way? I'm 50+, for reference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Form-fitting pants became a trend a number years ago, not something super new at all. Your considering wearing them to be "flaunting one's wares" is a personal interpretation. People are not necessarily narcissistic if they choose to wear something other than baggy attire.
Yep. The OP is relatively young (50s), so I'm surprised by his reaction to yoga pants, of all things. At least yoga pants cover. I'm more inclined to agree with other posters who have a bigger problem (no pun intended ) with the whole (fake) boob obsession that has been around for well over 20 years, now. So many women, celebrities and regular women alike, seem to feel an innate need to have their boobs out in full display, regardless of the context or environment. I'm all for accentuating what ya got - women AND men have always done it - but the big-boobs-everywhere thing is tiresome. Sometimes I wonder if women and men dressing to look attractive and with some sex appeal, but also with some elegance, will ever be back in style.

But the OP was a teenager in the 70s, and women wore pretty revealing clothing, then, too (I'm only a little younger than the OP). Remember tube tops?

Old 07-28-2015, 08:21 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,416,130 times
And remember there was a time in the70s and 80s when bras were regarded as optional. Women weren't necessarily displaying big boobs, but you knew they were there.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:22 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,939 times
I wear "yoga" pants all the time. They're comfortable and adjust to all my different levels of fatness. I do wear t-shirts to cover up my butt most of the time though.

But I do agree that fashion has become more revealing. It's shocking what I see some young girls wear these days. Just look at all the major female pop stars; if they don't show skin, then they don't sell as much music.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:43 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
True most are wearing revealing stuff .
But look at someone like Adele she's sold over 40 million albums... She's also got real talent though so doesn't need to .

Old 07-28-2015, 10:02 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post

If a fat ugly girl had a brand new Corvette she couldn't get a date if she put out on the hood of it.
As I sort through your crass replies, I am realizing that that's not the way I remember it AT ALL.

Chubby girls were great at showing off cleavage in knit tops, which is easy bait for young guys.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:13 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,304,779 times
lovin' it all the way...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty