Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 07:58 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Man, life's too short to worry about what random strangers think about the color of your hair.

I'm lucky. Almost 40 and no reason to color (yet). But I don't plan to give two hoot what anyone else (besides my family) thinks about how I decide to do my dang hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 08:12 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,658 times
Do partially agree with some of the things the younger generation does and the blue,lavendar,purple red is a freak show but doesnt last long due to fadeing and hair growth. There are other things done that are permanent such as tatooing and thats another freak show. Piercings same thing. All a sign of the times. No one trying to fool anyone and mostly meant to make a statement, which they do,which isnt all good.Employers not that interested in hiring those who have gone overboard with their fun.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:35 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Humanity is conditioned to think about their age and looks ,every time one looks in the mirror .
I don't blame some women changing their hair color especially those that are loosing it , the darker colors help a bit .
The problem I see is that all this over working the hair, and attacking the scalp has to have an effect on future growth.
IMO ,if you want to se what your life would be like with orange hair why not just buy a wig and then you have the option of removing it and not subjecting your scalp/future to all that abuse.
I understand the taking vitamin E is suppose to make a difference in hair and scalp ,it's suppose to be good for a lot of other things as well.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:54 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I have been embracing my grey at the moment. But I find it annoying. My hair is healthier without the color right now. But the grey strands are very obvious in my black hair.

When I have more grey and stop processing my hair I'll probably just rotate fun colors to cover the grey.

I like either intentionally over the top or subtlety natural. But not too fave looking color. It is a balance.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:55 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Humanity is conditioned to think about their age and looks ,every time one looks in the mirror .
I don't blame some women changing their hair color especially those that are loosing it , the darker colors help a bit .
The problem I see is that all this over working the hair, and attacking the scalp has to have an effect on future growth.
IMO ,if you want to se what your life would be like with orange hair why not just buy a wig and then you have the option of removing it and not subjecting your scalp/future to all that abuse.
I understand the taking vitamin E is suppose to make a difference in hair and scalp ,it's suppose to be good for a lot of other things as well.
Actually, lighter colors are much better for disguising hair loss, because the white of the scalp showing though is not nearly as obvious. Highlights are good for that too.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:01 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,187,089 times
Raise your hand if you don't care what the OP thinks of your hair.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:42 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,760,240 times
^^^Hand raised^^^ My natural color is light to med brown. I have a ring of white/grey hair all around my face and the top layers of my hair are 1/3 to 2/3 white/grey. The under layers are about 90% brown. Leaving it grey would look like mousy, uneven, and like cr*p. I like my hair colored and couldn't care less what anyone else thinks.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...ZxVT5N4ra6cogF

Old 11-23-2015, 09:55 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
As a counterpoint to a recent thread about men's comb overs....

Why do older women think it looks great to dye their gray hair such outlandish colors as...

1. Black Raven-Enough black in their hair to tar roads. Kids have been known to chomp on it mistaking it for licorice strands.

2. Fox Red-And I don't mean the good kind of fox i.e. "a foxy ladyyyy". That orange-reddish glo combo that could attract flying saucers looking for a landing pad.

3. Henna Red-A darker shade of the one above. Maybe for the woman who always wanted to look like a cherry tootsie roll pop.

4. Any shade of Blonde-Platinum, yellow lab, wheat field or really any shade that will ensure that "blonde moments" need not be homegrown.

5. Any kind of streaking or frosting-Actually, this could almost be acceptable. Age spots can be sucked into the vortex of some of those swirls.

Ladies, embrace your gray! Age is wisdom and experience! Forget those messy hair colors and expensive salon treatments. Gray is the only way!

Hand raised here ..
Just because to #1-#5
and NO to the last statement .

Old 11-23-2015, 09:56 AM

8,452 posts, read 15,043,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
Why do older women think it looks great to dye their gray hair such outlandish colors as...

1. Black Raven
2. Fox Red
3. Henna Red
4. Any shade of Blonde-Platinum
5. Any kind of streaking or frosting
So I guess Blue is OK?

Old 11-23-2015, 10:00 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
So I guess Blue is OK?
Yes blue is ok where I live in Seattle - on anyone
My daughter wears raven black with a royal blue sheen over the top of the black coloring and I WISH I had the skin tone to pull it off ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty