Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 10:32 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
. I'm usually trying to find ways to downplay the ampleness of the breasts, no one takes a woman very seriously as an individual when she has boobage on display.
Ds are big enough - no need for padding unless it's to push them around to make them appear more voluptuous

YES...just manipulating them so they can look their best. Disclaimer..im a tomboyish type of woman. If I could wear jeans and t-shirts everywhere I probably would. But, jeans and t-shirts don't really help show off what you have. I just want to be a bit more...sexy..i guess..without going into wh*re status. I'm like those people who get brought on those makeover shows because they need help with a new look. LOL I'm pretty discreet with my body so I'm not going to overdo it with the cleavage thing

Plus..its only ONE certain person I want to look good for. And we are gonna be on vacation together with a bunch of other people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 10:41 PM

247 posts, read 198,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Find a different brand of bras or style of bras. For example when I wear balconette Cleo bras they place my breasts front and center. These are unlined, unpadded bras. They look like implants. Other brands don't do that. Go to a different shop so you can try more brands and shapes.
I second the balconette bra, it is extremely flattering and has no padding.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:48 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, I'm not quite understanding. You have D boobs, but you want to make them even bigger? Or you have B boobs that you manage to boost to a D with the right bra? I'm not quite getting your concept. But if you have B or C boobs, why not be happy with those? There are plenty of women around with only an A, so whatever you are, you're a lot better off than that. Count your blessings and be happy.

Is that too radical?
I get it. Not all bras make your breasts look great. I have tried on many that give me terrible droopy shape. Others make them high and round. Most days I go for front and center. But some outfits need high and round.

Old 11-13-2016, 11:18 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Ds are big enough - no need for padding unless it's to push them around to make them appear more voluptuous

YES...just manipulating them so they can look their best. Disclaimer..im a tomboyish type of woman. If I could wear jeans and t-shirts everywhere I probably would. But, jeans and t-shirts don't really help show off what you have. I just want to be a bit more...sexy..i guess..without going into wh*re status. I'm like those people who get brought on those makeover shows because they need help with a new look. LOL I'm pretty discreet with my body so I'm not going to overdo it with the cleavage thing

Plus..its only ONE certain person I want to look good for. And we are gonna be on vacation together with a bunch of other people
Now when you put it like that...I can honestly say, the Pink line from VS has what they call the wear everywhere multiway push up bra and of all my bras I think this one is the absolute top in enhancement. It is padded but not in an obvious way like some of their lines which add an entire cup size (why would I wanna do that, right?). Extremely....feminine shape.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:34 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,846,119 times
You want to look good until he sees you naked and realizes otherwise. Id go for just the way you are. hes going to like you no matter what or you shouldnt be with him.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:58 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Go to a bra shop and be fitted professionally then you will have the right size for your puppies.

Please *DO NOT* post photos?
That was my first thought. There's an 80+% chance OP is not a 36D. Actually the chance is much higher, because if she doesn't look perky in padded bras, it sounds like she's wearing too large a size (sorry OP). I thought I wore a 38E. I was buying these cheap crappy bras, and nothing seemed to hold the girls up right or give me any support. Finally, when I was 20 years overdue, I got fitted at the lingerie store, the lady fitted me in the perfect size in about 30 seconds (34H, which is quite a big difference), I bought several non padded bras, and I am perky, supported, and my back feels better. Even though I am very busty, even I look perky without padding because I wear the right size. And don't get fitted at Victoria's Secret. They usually don't fit you right. Go to a higher end store, where they carry a wider size range. You'll be glad you did.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:17 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,976,514 times
I would kill for an A or B cup. At least those with smaller breasts can see their toes without bending over. And clothes fit you better/look better - and bras are easier to find, prettier and cheaper. And your back/neck don't hurt all the time.

I am 'larger' busted. The LAST thing I want is for those to be prominent, pushed up, padded, 'out there'. Minimizers please with hefty comfortable shoulder straps.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:28 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,929,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, I'm not quite understanding. You have D boobs, but you want to make them even bigger? Or you have B boobs that you manage to boost to a D with the right bra? I'm not quite getting your concept. But if you have B or C boobs, why not be happy with those? There are plenty of women around with only an A, so whatever you are, you're a lot better off than that. Count your blessings and be happy.

Is that too radical?

The bolded part I blame on places like Vic's Secret when a woman goes to get measured and they sell her bras that are D/DD/DDD, but her boobs are significantly smaller. I have always had naturally large boobs so I know what those large boobs look like and I cannot (choose not to) wear padded bras because of it. I'd hate to see what size the sales clerk would put me in in that store. Haha!!!

An example would be my niece telling me she is a DDD... no sweetie, you are so not. But if it makes you feel good to buy your overpadded, overpriced bras at Vic's Secret you go for it. But try on a bra with no padding and see what size you really are.

Okay, I'm done with my rant now.

Oh, this wasn't targeted at the OP. I just thought Ruth4Truth brought up a really good point.

Last edited by geebabe; 11-14-2016 at 09:38 AM..

Old 11-14-2016, 09:31 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,929,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I would kill for an A or B cup. At least those with smaller breasts can see their toes without bending over. And clothes fit you better/look better - and bras are easier to find, prettier and cheaper. And your back/neck don't hurt all the time.

I am 'larger' busted. The LAST thing I want is for those to be prominent, pushed up, padded, 'out there'. Minimizers please with hefty comfortable shoulder straps.
I'm with you on that! I don't know how they engineered it, but I'm thankful for the Minimizer bras.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:15 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
[b]
I've done that. Knowing my size wasn't the issue
Perhaps a second sizing at a different shop would help.
I guess I do not understand how the size is not the issue. When the proper size bra is worn all other issues should become non issues. Unless you want to look unnatural which is simply my opinion.
Your boobs your choice to look natural or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty