Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 02:41 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yes. I enjoy the benefits of working out.
And then you can appreciate that people of many shapes and sizes can also enjoy those benefits - even if they don't look like fitness models!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 03:06 PM

876 posts, read 813,512 times
Women (and men) today are so conscious of being in the best possible physical shape, with low bodyfat. The truth is a lot of men like a little bit of it, finding it extremely sexy.

I remember one incident that happened (a long time ago, it's burned into my memory!) when I was working as a bagger at a grocery store. It was Halloween and some of the employees were wearing costumes. One of the cashiers was wearing a farm girl outfit - a plaid shirt that showed her midriff, jeans and a straw hat.

She was what would be considered a "bigger" girl these days, but not overly so, and was generally well put together and attractive. She was reaching up high to stack a can and her navel and a little bit of belly fat was busting out on top of her jeans. Both me and one of the managers gazes were drawn to it and lingered for a bit too long. Then she realized what was happening and pulled her shirt down.

Movies, tv shows and advertisements are constantly telling women and men they have to look better, but it's not realistic for most people to walk around with 5% body fat. Models and actors hire private chefs and personal trainers to prepare for a role or shoot.

Here's to a little extra jiggle!

Old 03-19-2017, 03:52 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
It's all about making money. Given most people are overweight or obese in the US(2/3 of the population last I heard), like it or not, there should be no surprises here they are reaching out to this majority market segment of our population to make money off of it.

Old 03-19-2017, 04:26 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
In America it is.

64% of women are considered overweight, which is a majority, which makes it "normal."

https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-inf...tatistics.aspx

Actually that link states this:

18.5 to 24.9 ​Normal weight
25 to 29.9 ​Overweight
​30 + ​Obesity
​40 + ​ Extreme obesity

I don't accept that fat or obese is *normal*. I think it's wrong to treat a serious medical problem with acceptance. It's an epidemic, for sure, but not a condition that we should ever consider as normal.

And it's not just an "American" thing either.

How did Britain get so fat?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ies-overweight

29 Most Obese Countries In The World - WorldAtlas.com

Old 03-19-2017, 04:54 PM

540 posts, read 362,809 times
She's cuddle size and cute.....IMHO

Old 03-19-2017, 05:14 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Actually that link states this:

18.5 to 24.9 ​Normal weight
25 to 29.9 ​Overweight
​30 + ​Obesity
​40 + ​ Extreme obesity

I don't accept that fat or obese is *normal*. I think it's wrong to treat a serious medical problem with acceptance. It's an epidemic, for sure, but not a condition that we should ever consider as normal.

And it's not just an "American" thing either.

How did Britain get so fat?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ies-overweight

29 Most Obese Countries In The World - WorldAtlas.com
So overweight people shouldn't go to the beach until they are a "healthy" weight? I do not understand why here in the fashion forum it is impossible to have a thread about clothing for people who are overweight before someone starts talking about "health." And how fashion or clothing for "overweight" people is somehow encouraging people to gain weight.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:23 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
I don't know that clothing models are under any moral obligation to provide healthful examples of fit body types.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:12 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,451,894 times
Personally I think she's sexy.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:21 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times
I must be blind. I don't see cellulite. I see stretch marks.
That's a 1st for print fashion.
I'm not going to lie. I hate the way stretch marks change the appearance of our skin.
But I would rather see and I applaud target for using this size model to represent their bathing suits. Shes beautiful.
But, I'm not a fan of stretch marks in print fashion.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:27 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
And then you can appreciate that people of many shapes and sizes can also enjoy those benefits - even if they don't look like fitness models!
I sure can! Yaaaay for everybody, we are all so fit! Even when some don't look like it they can say they work out! Now who wants to race me up 8 flights of stairs? 🙌🙌🙌

Anyone?

...Bueller?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty