Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 05:47 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,560,659 times

Advertisements

Colloidal Silver ... Shirts in certain parts of Europe have Silver Threads sewn into the fabric under the armpit. Silver kills Bacteria..Bacteria creates the smell....

Colloidal Silver Deodorant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 06:00 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,614,777 times
Wow! I learned something new. I had no idea colloidal silver could be used as deodorant. I've used it for eye infections.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:38 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,560,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
Wow! I learned something new. I had no idea colloidal silver could be used as deodorant. I've used it for eye infections.

Excellent for Gum disease and Periodontal afflictions, safe to swallow.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:51 AM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,204,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
Yes, it's very possible that none of the natural ones will work. I'm leaving open that possibility.
In my 13 years of trying all types of deodorants, never found a "natural" deodorant that worked for me. The only so-called natural deodorant I've found that works well is the one I make myself. That is the ONLY reason I would take the time to make a homemade deodorant. Also, remember not to put anything else on your armpits - like moisturizer, etc. - before using a deodorant. The deodorant needs to be the only thing that is applied directly to your skin due to the antibacterial effects of deodorants. When I've applied something else on my armpit, it rendered the deodorant ineffective. After taking a shower, be sure to dry your underarm well before applying a deodorant. Learned all of this from experience.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:05 AM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,204,402 times
[quote=Meemur;48588988 Re: making homemade deodorant -- my objections right now are twofold: 1) I don't have easy access to things like arrowroot, tea tree oil (etc) and 2) I need to find things that work ASAP. More on that in a minute.

I'm not against homemade stuff at all! I used to make shampoo bars, cleaners, and face cream, but I also lived in an area where I could quickly get the raw ingredients in one easy shopping trip.[/QUOTE]

Meemur....if you have Whole Foods and is it Wild Thyme .... those stores should easily have the arrowroot and tea tree oil. You can substitute corn starch, I believe, for arrowroot. The most difficult part, for me, about making deodorant is getting past "thinking" it is difficult. I can whip up a little bowl, using a tiny whisk, in less than 5 minutes when I have all the ingredients.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:29 AM

12,540 posts, read 2,139,679 times
Native deodorant is the absolute best natural deodorant out there. My sister gave me some as a gift; I had breast cancer several years ago and I had tried several but didn't like any of them. This stuff works!

Old 06-24-2017, 07:30 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,325,155 times
My poor son (30) suffers from hyperhidrosis. He has tried just about everything over the years including things prescribed by his doctor. The armpit sweat soaks his shirt down to his waist and sometimes his hands are so bad the sweat is actually dripping off of them. Naturally this causes anxiety which makes it worse.

I saw something on TV we want to try but it appears to be only for hands. Anybody know someone with hyperhidrosis that had success with a certain product?

Oh and yes, I am doing fine after breast cancer knocked me for a loop almost 6 1/2 years ago. I got nice, perky boobs out of it and so far no reoccurrence.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Excellent for Gum disease and Periodontal afflictions, safe to swallow.
That I would use it for without hesitation.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post

Meemur....if you have Whole Foods and is it Wild Thyme .... those stores should easily have the arrowroot and tea tree oil. You can substitute corn starch, I believe, for arrowroot. The most difficult part, for me, about making deodorant is getting past "thinking" it is difficult. I can whip up a little bowl, using a tiny whisk, in less than 5 minutes when I have all the ingredients.
You're absolutely right! And I have made house cleaning solutions and soap in the past. It will be something I will try as the next stage, for sure.

Whole Foods should carry arrowroot, but I didn't see any. I will ask and keep my eyes open for it. No tea oil in stock. Keep in mind that this is Des Moines, not Omaha or a larger area. I like living in a smaller city, but there aren't the "standard stocks" of things that one might find in other areas. I do a lot of online ordering.

That's changing. As we get more transplants from the coasts, more people are demanding these products.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
My poor son (30) suffers from hyperhidrosis. [SNIP]
Oh and yes, I am doing fine after breast cancer knocked me for a loop almost 6 1/2 years ago. I got nice, perky boobs out of it and so far no reoccurrence.
I'm so glad that you are OK and sorry about your son. I don't know anything about that product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty