Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 02:15 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,634,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Did you not post that you are saving for a down payment on a house?
Lots of practices let you make payments through some finance co. that specializes in that. I used that once, it was like $150 a month. Then I got some money and paid it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2022, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
That's unfortunate because noses actually get bigger as we age, due to cartilage breakdown. Maybe people over 40 start contemplating a nose job because it actually doesn't "look like them" anymore?

https://www.discovery.com/science/ea...bigger-old-age

I'm 54 & I can see it when I compare how I look now, to pictures of myself when I was in my 20's. I think if I was ever in the position to afford a nose job, I'd take those pictures to my surgeon & ask if they could "restore" my nose to what it was. I don't want a new nose; I just want my old one back, lol.
Yeah, that makes sense. Noses DO def get bigger/sprawling. I was looking at pictures of my dad when he was young and then right before he died. MUCH bigger nose. Then I look in the mirror and wonder if it's happening to me (yes).

I'd be tempted to do what you suggested if it got really bad.

ETA: I wanted to read the Discovery article but it came up on a Latin America version and no article.

Old 05-05-2022, 09:11 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times
yeah, I swear my nose suddenly grew in my mid 20s. I never thought I have a big nose and suddenly I noticed it was bigger. Not horrific but quite Italian looking with my black hair My dad looks like a full blooded Italian, super tan, dark hair, big nose.

Old 05-26-2022, 10:19 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,571,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I think I want a nose job. I have a wider nose and I want a smaller, thinner one. What is the process? If you have had this done, what did you do?

How old are you..because age is an important factor. I’ve never had one but I work for a plastic surgeon’s group. The first thing you need to do is have a consultation to see if your expectations and reasons for wanting the procedure are realistic.

Old 05-26-2022, 11:42 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,457,773 times
Sometimes a feature that might not be considered perfect can be offsettingly attractive.

We have been watching Netflix Formula 1. I think the most striking and off the charts handsome driver is Daniel Ricciardo.

Look him up. His nose is far from small but something about his unusual features takes him beyond handsome. If he were to get it fixed, it would destroy his looks. He would then be an everyday good looking guy, but his nose creates a striking look for him. I think his air of confidence and constant smile is part of the equation.

Embracing our flaws is not always a bad thing.

Old 05-31-2022, 11:55 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,735,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Sometimes a feature that might not be considered perfect can be offsettingly attractive.

We have been watching Netflix Formula 1. I think the most striking and off the charts handsome driver is Daniel Ricciardo.

Look him up. His nose is far from small but something about his unusual features takes him beyond handsome. If he were to get it fixed, it would destroy his looks. He would then be an everyday good looking guy, but his nose creates a striking look for him. I think his air of confidence and constant smile is part of the equation.

Embracing our flaws is not always a bad thing.
Not my taste ..I hate my nose and for years have wanted it changed but Id be scared in case now Im old I wouldnt suit it

Old 05-31-2022, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I have a bump on my nose from falling down the stairs when I was 3. I dont think im unattractive so i’ve just left it alone. Had it hindered my looks, i’d prob had gotten surgery.

That said, i was in Turkey 2 weeks ago on vaca & so many ppl in the airport had had nose surgery. I didnt even know that was a thing there! I found the Turkish ppl to be very honest & good ppl … for those considering it though I have no first hand experience with that sort of thing
How could you know total strangers in an airport had nose jobs?

We had a gorgeous 30-something Filipino girl here who for some odd reason wanted a nose job even though hers was perfect. Now she has an upturned nose and you can look right into her nostrils. Ick.

Old 05-31-2022, 02:09 PM

2,527 posts, read 2,775,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Probably from the distinctive nose bandages and two black eyes! I speak from experience although mine was done at Stanford.

Old 05-31-2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

oftentimes you can tell by looking at them. I recognize nose jobs, chins, lips, botox easily. Not all, of course, but quite a few.

Old 05-31-2022, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
How old are you..because age is an important factor. I’ve never had one but I work for a plastic surgeon’s group. The first thing you need to do is have a consultation to see if your expectations and reasons for wanting the procedure are realistic.
yeah, what is that supposed to mean? I had two procedures and it still doesn't look the way I wanted and I don't know why the hell, my nose is still too big/wide. If I tell them, TWICE to make it slim and they don't do it, does that mean it was not possible? Why not? And why did they not say so? Both did not give me a real answer when I asked why my nose is still wide. Why did they not just tell me that's all they can do? I am sure if I go somewhere again (which I won't, I spent enough money on that darn thing), they will say they are able to shave off some more. So how come, they do so many procedures but with the nose (or at least mine), they are not able to make it nice and slim and f** it up TWICE?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty