Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 09:18 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,448,141 times

Advertisements

I'm getting older and maybe I need these.

My cousin says they are a MUST and that more women need to check out their back ends before they leave a house.

How about you? Do you check out your BEHIND for underwear lines? What about muffin tops? (This is a new word for me.)

Do you recommend Spanx and why?

Where's a good place to buy them?

Thanks,

Woofers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 09:51 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Underwear lines - I buy seamless so for most stuff its not an issue. But I do love spanx. Whenever I look for a replacement I watch eBay, overstock, and the department stores. I don't wear the shapers much anymore because they don't run small enough. Which..poo..I think they need to make an XS. Now its still good for pms bloated days. The compression helps dump the bloat too!

I only tried the little shorts. I cant speak for the other pieces.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:53 AM

muffin top killer:

Spanx Shaper Higher Power Panty - Free Shipping

Old 12-14-2008, 09:58 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
I have found that wearing pants/skirts that actually fit eliminates the need to worry about lines & muffin tops. The only time those become an issue is when your pants are too tight or are not the right cut.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
I have found that wearing pants/skirts that actually fit eliminates the need to worry about lines & muffin tops. The only time those become an issue is when your pants are too tight or are not the right cut.

Try something that fits well WITH one of the spanx things...

Feel free to spin around going "oh my god i had no idea!"

Especially for bloating...you know how you have the bloat clothing and the regular non bloat ones...well no more! I think that really is my favorite more than anything. Nothing is worse than having a fat day, with pms, and then your jeans look like crap too.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:35 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,826,232 times
You really need to try on the different brands of shapewear, because the fit and sizing is very different brand to brand. I wear a 16 or 18 and a 38 D to 40 C in bras, and I couldn't find a version of Spanx that actually fit (not even in their plus sizes). I think part of the problem is that Spanx is designed for smaller bust lines. I ended up liking the Barely There brand the best (the one with the lace around the neckline - they have several different lines).

The other problem is that what was most comfortable in the fitting room did not wear as well - it rapidly became too loose around the chest and didn't hold. There is no way I am going to wear a bra AND shapewear, so it needs to do both. Fortunately, I'd purchased about 4 different brands. When I found the one I liked best, I ordered more on-line from Bare Necessities - they were having a buy-2-get-1-free sale and free shipping, plus their non-sale pries were good and saved me from having to drive to the city.

I vastly prefer shapewear to bras for comfort and convenience, although I think bras have the more uplifting, flattering fit, and if I were dressing up to go out, I'd wear a bra and shapewear undies instead. But for day wear, shapewear is great and comfortable.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:02 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,994,442 times
Shapewear is basically a "girdle" with a fancy name.
Just wear a thong--no panty lines! And make sure you're wearing the correct size---even a "skinny minny" will have a "muffin top" if the underwear/pants are too tight!

Old 12-14-2008, 03:14 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,826,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Shapewear is basically a "girdle" with a fancy name.
Except that the new stuff is comfortable, soft, has no stays and is made of breathable material (some of them are even CoolMax).

Old 12-14-2008, 04:30 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,347,049 times
I always order up at least one size in Spanx but I like the look that it gives me. Spanx is a little pricey, but Assets by Sarah Blakely is sold at Target and she is the owner/creator of Spanx.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:55 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,301 times
I bought some spanx post baby. I was in a wedding shortly after I delivered and they were fantastic! If you want a taunt body a size smaller...they rock.

I have a friend who tells me they have an off brand at target. She likes them but swears by spanx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty