Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 07:40 AM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
Yeah, but women look great and sexy in bikinis. Men in speedos don't. It looks like you left the house in your undees and went for a swim. Most women know, they get to see more outlines and imprints of "equipment" with regular wet swim trunks anyway.
I hate to break this to you, but NOT all women do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I REALLY am uncomfortable with them! They are disgusting and reveal way to much. I think that aside from men on swim teams, they are worn by men who wear gold chains and bracelets.

I feel the same way about women's breasts in a bathing suit also. It is to revealing for my eyesite, I find them disgusting to look at.
Ugh, really, do you have to really show all that, kinda makes my stomach nautious.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:23 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I hate to break this to you, but NOT all women do.
Men's mags, and models portrayed on TV, make a lot of 'ordinary women' not so attractive to us men. Which shouldn't be the case, really.

Why do we have to have the 'perfect' body shape to be sexy?

To me being sexy is as much FEELING sexy as looking sexy.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
I feel the same way about women's breasts in a bathing suit also. It is to revealing for my eyesite, I find them disgusting to look at.
Ugh, really, do you have to really show all that, kinda makes my stomach nautious.
I don't have a problem with seeing women's breasts (being a straight male is besides the point, actually a lot of the time I don't find breasts a lone all that arousing) NOR a man's 'junk', as long as it is covered. Only prudes have a problem with that. In Europe men often wear speedos and women go topless. No one has an attitude problem over it. Some folk here need to really stop being so offended by things.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I don't have a problem with seeing women's breasts (being a straight male is besides the point, actually a lot of the time I don't find breasts a lone all that arousing) NOR a man's 'junk', as long as it is covered. Only prudes have a problem with that. In Europe men often wear speedos and women go topless. No one has an attitude problem over it. Some folk here need to really stop being so offended by things.

here in America it only seems to be what men, do, what men wear.....

never women.

Ok so you can see an outline of a penis, duh, were men, we have one.

ugh if that is something that offends you, then there is a bigger problem there than meets the eye.

it is an American thing.

we are backwards

Old 03-26-2012, 09:22 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
Haven't read all this stuff, so this may have been said before.....

REAL men don't need Speedos to make them look like Real Men.

REAL women don't need bikinis either.

It's all in the eye of the beholder as to whether anything is worth "showing off" Usually, it isn't.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
[/color]

never women.

Ok so you can see an outline of a penis, duh, were men, we have one.

ugh if that is something that offends you, then there is a bigger problem there than meets the eye.

it is an American thing.

we are backwards
Exactly.

There's no logical reason why men shouldn't wear short shorts. They did in the 50s-80s and no one complained. Stupid judgemental sheeple started calling it 'gay' because only women wear 'em nowadays, so anything 'female' is by default gay.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:00 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Haven't read all this stuff, so this may have been said before.....

REAL men don't need Speedos to make them look like Real Men.

REAL women don't need bikinis either.

It's all in the eye of the beholder as to whether anything is worth "showing off" Usually, it isn't.
I think it has more to do with participating in extreme sports than it does showing off. If you are a man, bitting the dust at 30 MPH on the lake is usually better in regular swim trunks. I've yet to see a guy wearing speedos for that...including ME.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:43 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
[/color]

never women.
What do you mean? Almost all fashion magazines are for women. There are several threads on the front page of this forum about women's clothing. We are subject to just as much scrutiny as you.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:50 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
What do you mean? Almost all fashion magazines are for women. There are several threads on the front page of this forum about women's clothing. We are subject to just as much scrutiny as you.
Yeah, but you sure look GREAT doing it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty