Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 09:50 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
No, it makes perfect sense. Liberals are soft on crime, which is why criminals congregate in those cities. Most "educated liberals" don't live in small cities, ever. They believe that small cities are too "country" and they don't want to live around people that are "beneath" them.
AHAHAHAHAHA! Thank you for my biggest laugh this week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 07:00 AM

23 posts, read 67,389 times
This thread is about someone asking for a liberal place to live... Why are conservatives on here ugly-ing up the thread? I understand watching FOX and Rush angrys up the blood, that is their job, but pls learn respect and not bother posting unless you can contribute to the question being asked. Thank you. Smh

Old 03-07-2014, 08:40 AM

296 posts, read 658,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeryWoman View Post
This thread is about someone asking for a liberal place to live... Why are conservatives on here ugly-ing up the thread? I understand watching FOX and Rush angrys up the blood, that is their job, but pls learn respect and not bother posting unless you can contribute to the question being asked. Thank you. Smh
Who cares? The thread is 4 years old and the latest post was almost a year ago. Seems like you're trying to spark back up the "ugly-ing".

Old 11-13-2017, 01:20 PM

70 posts, read 60,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
1) Tampa is far from liberal. Go 2) a little further north to Saint Petersburg. I guess it depends on what you mean by liberal. Do you mean accepting? 3) Sarasota, which is south of Tampa, is politically conservative, but it prides itself in the arts, so you'll find a lot of different cultural activities. However, 4) you need to go to the east coast of Florida to find the more liberal communities like Fort Lauderdale.

There are many threads on this same subject BTW. A few are......

http://www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...pie-areas.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/flori...y-florida.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/fort-...6-liberal.html
1. Yes, a city where democrats win every mayoral election virtually uncontested by republicans is "far from liberal". OK

2. St. Pete is geographically southwest of Tampa, not north. You literally take I-275 SOUTHbound to get there from Tampa. As if the first statement wasn't enough indication you have never even been to Tampa

3. Sarasota is not remotely as liberal as St. Pete or Tampa

4. Outside of Dade, Broward, and PB, the entire east coast north of us is conservative except for maybe Port St. Lucie. Ft Lauderdale and St. Pete are the two most liberal cities in Florida. St. Pete is super liberal, not just politically, but even culturally as well

Old 11-13-2017, 01:48 PM

Tampa's last few mayoral elections

Bob Buckhorn (D) 95.91%
Write-in candidates 4.09%

Literally was uncontested, no republican even attempted to run

Bob Buckhorn (D) 62.86%
Rose Ferlitta (R) 37.14%

Ferlitta was a moderate and even a daughter of the Ybor Italian community and still got trounced

Pam Iorio (D) 79.49%
Marion Lewis (D) 12.22%
Aria Green (I) 8.29%

Once again, not even an attempt at office by republicans

Pam Iorio (D) 64.00%
Frank Sanchez (D) 36.00%

Once again, no republican even attempted to run

Tampa has not had a republican mayor since 1986, and that was Bob Martinez a moderate democrat turned republican (he was a democrat when first elected as Tampa mayor) who had deep ties to the city as a son of Spanish immigrants in Ybor City.

So tell me again how Tampa is "far from liberal"?

Old 11-13-2017, 01:49 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaguy954 View Post

2. St. Pete is geographically southwest of Tampa, not north. You literally take I-275 SOUTHbound to get there from Tampa. As if the first statement wasn't enough indication you have never even been to Tampa
Yeah I was scratching my head a bit as well.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:55 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,141,935 times
Tallahassee is a very liberal city.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:56 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:

4. Outside of Dade, Broward, and PB, the entire east coast north of us is conservative except for maybe Port St. Lucie.
That's debatable. Most of the coasts are moderate at this point on most issues. This isn't the bible belt. Floridians overwhelmingly support things like gay marriage and medical marijuana outside of south fl into the peninsula.

Only panhandle is truly "conservative"

Old 11-13-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
That's debatable. Most of the coasts are moderate at this point on most issues. This isn't the bible belt. Floridians overwhelmingly support things like gay marriage and medical marijuana outside of south fl into the peninsula.

Only panhandle is truly "conservative"
Yeah I should have clarified. Moderate, however with a conservative lean is what I meant. I didn't mean to insinuate they are deep red like north FL, just that you certainly wouldn't classify them as "liberal"

Old 11-13-2017, 11:55 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Yeah I should have clarified. Moderate, however with a conservative lean is what I meant. I didn't mean to insinuate they are deep red like north FL, just that you certainly wouldn't classify them as "liberal"
Yup...certainly not interested in Pacific west coast liberalism trying to get an income tax over here or anything like that Seattle is dealing with that now

Most Floridians I know are pretty liberal on social issues and conservative on fiscal ones which is in line with my leanings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida