Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 08:38 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Yup...certainly not interested in Pacific west coast liberalism trying to get an income tax over here or anything like that Seattle is dealing with that now

Most Floridians I know are pretty liberal on social issues and conservative on fiscal ones which is in line with my leanings
Most people wit any intelligence lean that way. The extreme positions on either end denote a lack of intelligence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 06:59 PM

33 posts, read 32,175 times
Quote:
That's debatable. Most of the coasts are moderate at this point on most issues. This isn't the bible belt. Floridians overwhelmingly support things like gay marriage and medical marijuana outside of south fl into the peninsula.

Only panhandle is truly "conservative"
Once you leave SE FL,you are in southern Georgia/Alabama, The West coast of FL is Uber-conservative, with the exemption of a few city limits like Orlando/Tampa/St Pete (city limits only are liberal), Broward county is the most liberal county in FL, and now with the new mass influx of U.S. citizens from Puerto Rico 250k and counting,i don't think FL would ever lean red again...

Old 11-19-2017, 01:41 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exus View Post
Once you leave SE FL,you are in southern Georgia/Alabama, The West coast of FL is Uber-conservative, with the exemption of a few city limits like Orlando/Tampa/St Pete (city limits only are liberal), Broward county is the most liberal county in FL, and now with the new mass influx of U.S. citizens from Puerto Rico 250k and counting,i don't think FL would ever lean red again...
Most of the population lives in the liberal leaning areas. The west coast of the panhandle is sparsely populated and where most of the conservatives are

Old 11-19-2017, 10:29 PM

70 posts, read 60,664 times
Quote:
Utter nonsense

Old 11-20-2017, 08:48 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
The Tampa Bay Area, the Orlando Metro area, the Miami metro, and the Keys.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:53 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
That's pretty much wrong.. Most people want to live in "Safe" places... Go look at the top 25 most dangerous cities according to the FBI and I guarantee you that at least 75-80% of them are "liberal" cities that are in "liberal" states.
I realize I'm four years late here, but I have to!

I also guarantee that if you look up the "25 most dangerous cities" they'll have higher populations than some country bumpkin town. Thus negating your point that most people want to live in safe areas.

In other words: More people = more crime. This is simple statistics. Anyone with a high school diploma can tell you that.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaguy954 View Post
Utter nonsense
No Democratic governor in over 20 years ,State government has a Republican super majority,FL is#2 in the nation in hate groups, FL is a very red State at the moment...

Old 11-20-2017, 04:32 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
No Democratic governor in over 20 years ,State government has a Republican super majority,FL is#2 in the nation in hate groups, FL is a very red State at the moment...
That voted for Obama twice and passed medical marijuana last year

Old 11-20-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
That voted for Obama twice and passed medical marijuana last year
Also voted for Rick Scott twice, didn't expand medicaid,flies the largest confederate flag in the world, #2 in hate groups in the nation...

Old 11-20-2017, 05:57 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Also voted for Rick Scott twice, didn't expand medicaid,flies the largest confederate flag in the world, #2 in hate groups in the nation...
You mean BLM and AntiFa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida