Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 07:17 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,898,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowwatertemple View Post
It is horrible to see that you're equating an increase in freedom with the destruction of society, but what is funny is that this stupid and foolish war on drugs that you enjoy so much, is actually what is destroying the lives of some many people, not just in the USA mind you, but around the world.

If you are against the legalization of marijuana, what you are really saying is that you hate freedom and need the government to control every aspect of an individual's life.
Could not agree more. freedom at what cost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 07:33 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,526,077 times
Quote:
but what is funny is that this stupid and foolish war on drugs that you enjoy so much.
If you're going to make a persuasive argument, an important point is not the make ridiculous statements like this one. It only hurts your point of view. Who "enjoys a war on drugs"? We spend a ton on the war (financially and in lost livers) but it's imperative to keep our society free of heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine labs - can you imagine our society where these were freely available to the population?

Old 01-30-2014, 07:35 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,234,857 times
Please do Florida! I don't want ALL of the stoners to move here in Colorado. I can't wait for all the states to legalize so there won't be a Mecca for potheads.

Last edited by Bideshi; 01-30-2014 at 08:16 AM..

Old 01-30-2014, 07:51 AM

Florida already has its nutjobs.....I can imagine what adding legal psychoactive drugs will bring to our population.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:52 AM

116 posts, read 169,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
You do see where this is going BucFan? They only want laws open that pertains to them personally but want laws that helps save their butts in the time of need.

They want freedom to do whatever THEY want and dislike any laws that restricts THEM from doing things that actually can harm others in many cases. But, they love laws that impose stuff they do not stand for on others.

It is a way one street for many social agenda types who want to change America and the way we do things. Most is for their own personal gain.

They usually are always on the wrong side of right.

Compare this same issue with gay marriage, they are ramming down our throats because THEY want to it done personally even knowing it is not morally right.

Many gays are atheist only because they know it is wrong and dont want to feel bad for doing something they know is not right.

Same thing here, they want freedoms on one hand and want protection of laws on the other and they want to pick and choose which one applies.

Over the last several years I began seeing the demise of once a great family oriented, work hard, be responsible for yourself American now becoming a waste land of non traditional families, 54% dont want to work and expect the rest of us to pay their way and dont want to earn their own keep.

Sad to this what our parents, grandparents and great grandparents built and left us falling apart because we have allowed the weak to shove this crap down our throats way too much.

Look around, families is at the top of the list for the demise of America as we know it. Our families of the past are not their same for now and their future. The traditional family with those same values made this nation great, now these people want no part of it.

Same as the poster here who said what is wrong with smoking weed in front of your kids. Are you kidding me? What a lousy sorry butted parent. No wonder kids are turning out to be losers just like their parents.
I don't know this "they" you're referring to buddy,so why don't ya tell who this "they" person is?

Old 01-30-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
I don't know this "they" you're referring to buddy,so why don't ya tell who this "they" person is?
"They" the Neanderthals who want to set our country back 200+ yrs by eliminating laws set in place to make our country the best in the world.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Could not agree more. freedom at what cost?
People in the USA should be free to do whatever they want to do as long as what they're doing does not cause harm to another person. In the case of marijuana, having it illegal is moronic and extremely harmful and deadly to society.

You don't strike me as an individual who enjoys seeing the government wastes billions of dollars each year fighting some stupid war on drugs that is completely ineffective, nor do you seem like somebody who likes the idea of living in a police state. Why don't you join us in the promotion of freedom and we'll send these treasonous anti-freedom whack jobs off to Sudan.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
If you're going to make a persuasive argument, an important point is not the make ridiculous statements like this one. It only hurts your point of view. Who "enjoys a war on drugs"? We spend a ton on the war (financially and in lost livers) but it's imperative to keep our society free of heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine labs - can you imagine our society where these were freely available to the population?
Unlike you, I don't need or want the government to be my mommy and daddy. In addition, I don't live in this fairy tale world that you live in where I'm fooled into thinking that this stupid drug war is in an way effective or that it is even about what it claims to be about.

What is imperative, is that people are free to do whatever drugs they want without worrying about some foolish police officer throwing them in jail and we stop wasting money on this nonsense drug war.

Hey! Where do you get off anyway, telling me that I can't do cocaine all day and if I do you're going to throw me in jail? Really, the fact that you think you somehow have the right to tell me not to put certain substances into my own body is completely sick and twisted and makes me vomit much more than after a full day of of using heroin, vodka, and cocaine.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:42 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,961,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Newsflash buddy, they already are freely available to the population!!!!!!!!! At least by regulating it like we do with the most dangerous drug alcohol, we have some ability to control standards and keep it out of the hands of children who black market dealers usually feel no qualms about selling to. I can easily get coke from people at work, like today, within a couple hours, weed is the same way. I've never asked for meth or heroin since I have a functioning brain and never want to try those, but I'm sure they are available to their users just as fast. So get over it, drugs, especially marijuana are here to stay so we might as well work together on harm reduction instead of taking a radical position like yours which actually makes the problem worse.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Newsflash buddy, they already are freely available to the population!!!!!!!!!.
no they're not readily accessible/freely available - you're flat out wrong. You have to break laws or get an rx for them - you don't know what the concept of "freely available" means - so the rest of your post is useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida