Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 12:08 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times

Advertisements

The last smoking ban for restaurants and bars that serve food was a voter initiated petiton process. Floridians can do the same for all bars if there was an effort to organize and collect the signatures necessary to put it on the ballot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 12:50 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
The last smoking ban for restaurants and bars that serve food was a voter initiated petiton process. Floridians can do the same for all bars if there was an effort to organize and collect the signatures necessary to put it on the ballot.
I think that would be awesome.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:01 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
I would be against it.

No, I do not smoke. But I think it is a little ridiculous to petition the government to restrict a private business because you do not like it that they allow something to occur that is legal, but you just do not agree with it.

If you do not like a business that allows smoking, then inform the business of this and after a while, the business will either change its policy, or go under. But it should be left up to the business, not the government.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:22 PM

1,108 posts, read 4,217,602 times
Thumbs down Smokers Duck!!!

The next time you are in your car following a smoker...see what they do with their cigarette......95% open their window...take one last drag...and throw the lite butt out the window......they don't want to smell up their vehicle......so they throw it out and don't give a rats ass if it starts a fire......

Most smoker's are inconsiderate A-'s...who smoke in front of their kids, your kids, basically anywhere they want and wait for someone to complain...but enough said...so yes...sent me the petition....

Old 05-04-2013, 01:23 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I would be against it.

No, I do not smoke. But I think it is a little ridiculous to petition the government to restrict a private business because you do not like it that they allow something to occur that is legal, but you just do not agree with it.

If you do not like a business that allows smoking, then inform the business of this and after a while, the business will either change its policy, or go under. But it should be left up to the business, not the government.
I'd agree if second hand smoke wasnt such a negative impact to the health of the public.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:25 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty78 View Post
The next time you are in your car following a smoker...see what they do with their cigarette......95% open their window...take one last drag...and throw the lite butt out the window......they don't want to smell up their vehicle......so they throw it out and don't give a rats ass if it starts a fire......

Most smoker's are inconsiderate A-'s...who smoke in front of their kids, your kids, basically anywhere they want and wait for someone to complain...but enough said...so yes...sent me the petition....
So true. I see that happen so often

Old 05-04-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty78 View Post

That is littering, nothing to do with smoking. I have seen people throw wrappers of food, cola cans, etc.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
I'd agree if second hand smoke wasnt such a negative impact to the health of the public.
Then a person is free not to go to the business. Going to a bar is not a need, a person can go through life without ever going to a bar. Plus, Florida had many bars that do not allow smoking, so it is not like there are no choices.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:27 PM

663 posts, read 1,144,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I would be against it.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:58 PM

745 posts, read 1,582,908 times
It will never happen at an open-air restaurant. Everyone smokes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida