Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 03:04 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
The difference is it has an ocean breeze. It's hot yes but not hazy. The heat in Atlanta is what they call dead heat. It sits and becomes hazy at ground level from the humidity. I've lived in South Fla my entire life, except for Inland NH once and I will tell u right off the bat ANYWHERE not near an ocean is gonna be 1000x's worse than what you've experienced in Florida and u can believe it. In NH it got well over 100 with haze and I remember that summer laying on my wood floors trying to absorb any coolness from them and that's no joke. Atlanta summer is gonna be worse than what ur gonna find here hands down.

I just got back from Ga and what was suppose to be a 5 day vaca ended after two because the heat was so bad we were gettin sick..
Exactly right! Been there and done that. We have lived all over and the summer here in Florida is the best we have ever experienced, due to the constant sea breezes. We are fairly close to the coast. Certainly dead, stagnant heat and humidity elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 03:09 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Tampa is much more consistent in its temps, whereas Atlanta can have long stretches much warmer than Tampa......with roughly the same dew points often. Similar to the seven years were spent in NC. Tampa just has warmer weather a little longer.

Look at the average summertime temp highs. Raleigh and Tampa exactly the same and Atlanta only two degrees less. Tampa will be much more consistent where the others will have much more extremes. We spent several years in that region with temps regularly 90-105 degrees, with the same dew points.

Atlanta July Weather 2014 - AccuWeather Forecast for GA 30303

Tampa July Weather 2014 - AccuWeather Forecast for FL 33602

Raleigh July Weather 2014 - AccuWeather Forecast for NC 27601

Trust me, move away from Tampa to many of the other southern states and y'all will experience some real heat.
We are not talking about NC we're talking about Atlanta and the Tampa area. BTW, I lived in Raleigh for 40yrs and Tampa is much worse overall as far as heat goes.

Average Weather for Tampa, FL - Temperature and Precipitation

Average Weather for Atlanta, GA - Temperature and Precipitation

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 11-08-2013 at 05:05 AM..

Old 10-25-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
We are not talking about NC we're talking about Atlanta and the Tampa area. BTW, I lived in Raleigh for 40yrs and Tampa is much worse overall as far as heat goes.
Well if you read my post and looked at the links, I included Tampa and Atlanta.

Well we lived in the Raleigh suburbs as well as other places in the southeast for many years and there is no doubt it was worse than where we live now. The temps where we live now over this last summer never got to 97-105 like it did often up there. Dew points are were similar to what we experienced. We feel much more comfortable outside here than up there and we are outside all the time. Stagnant are in the southeast landlocked locations, making it feel much more oppressive compared to more coastal areas here. We are outdoors people.

Don't forget to respond to the other poster who also confirms Atlanta will be worse.

Old 10-25-2013, 04:43 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,290 times
Quote:
Well if you read my post and looked at the links, I included Tampa and Atlanta.

Well we lived in the Raleigh suburbs as well as other places in the southeast for many years and there is no doubt it was worse than where we live now. The temps where we live now over this last summer never got to 97-105 like it did often up there. Dew points are were similar to what we experienced. We feel much more comfortable outside here than up there and we are outside all the time. Stagnant are in the southeast landlocked locations, making it feel much more oppressive compared to more coastal areas here. We are outdoors people.

Don't forget to respond to the other poster who also confirms Atlanta will be worse.
I did see the links for Tampa and Atlanta, but you decided to bring Raleigh into the mix.

OVERALL Atlanta will be nicer than Tampa with the exception of a heat wave here and there. I disagree with the other poster as well.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:21 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,752 times
You all actually like the gulf breeze? The gulf gets as hot as a sauna in the summer time. When there is a breeze coming off of it all it feels like is steam blowing in your face! The gulf makes western Florida's temps way worse. Atlantic breezes help a little bit but gulf breezes are just terrible.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
You all actually like the gulf breeze?
Absolutely!

We find it extremely refreshing. Love being in the shade, under our oak trees and feeling that wonderful Salt Life breeze. Simply paradise.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:29 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,752 times
Quote:
Absolutely!

We find it extremely refreshing. Love being in the shade, under our oak trees and feeling that wonderful Salt Life breeze. Simply paradise.
More like a sauna.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
More like a sauna.
Not to us. That's why we moved here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida