Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 12:52 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times

Advertisements

I'm not overly impressed with the "cooler" weather. I was never able to turn my a/c or open my windows. It's currently 85 with a heat index of 90 and humidity at 60% so that's way above what I keep my house at. Call me back when I can keep my windows open for a while, IF that even happens this year. Yawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 02:31 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
Some people just aren't cut out for a hot climate. Why on earth they ever even THOUGHT about relocating to FL (or anywhere in the southern part of the USA)
is beyond comprehension.

No job could pay me enough to live in a place where the weather was not to my liking. Thats living to work, not working to live.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:31 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Some people just aren't cut out for a hot climate. Why on earth they ever even THOUGHT about relocating to FL (or anywhere in the southern part of the USA)
is beyond comprehension.

No job could pay me enough to live in a place where the weather was not to my liking. Thats living to work, not working to live.
Some of us were brought here without say, ie.. Parents ,and have no choice but to stay because of lack of jobs elsewhere in the current job field.. Not everyone who lives here and doesn't like it sticks around just to complain in the city data forum.. Some have actual reasons the can't leave just yet.. Your posts seem to indicate that you forget that most of the time. You might not financially stay in a place for some reason or another but some of us have families, with small children, and can't up and go and "risk it" and hope it turns out for the best. Until then we wait till opportunities come along.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:49 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
Ive heard that explanation before. Regardless, there is no way I would stay in a place I didnt like. Life is to short to be in a place that does not bring happiness. That's my bottom line. Happiness. Nothing else matters. There is nothing tying a child down. Families can visit or be visited. Jobs are jobs. People are employed everywhere. Unless of course the career is strictly FL oriented. Like a citrus expert.
Waiting on an opportunity is silly if someone is unhappy with their locale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Some of us were brought here without say, ie.. Parents ,and have no choice but to stay because of lack of jobs elsewhere in the current job field.. Not everyone who lives here and doesn't like it sticks around just to complain in the city data forum.. Some have actual reasons the can't leave just yet.. Your posts seem to indicate that you forget that most of the time. You might not financially stay in a place for some reason or another but some of us have families, with small children, and can't up and go and "risk it" and hope it turns out for the best. Until then we wait till opportunities come along.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:08 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
Quote:
Ive heard that explanation before. Regardless, there is no way I would stay in a place I didnt like. Life is to short to be in a place that does not bring happiness. That's my bottom line. Happiness. Nothing else matters. There is nothing tying a child down. Families can visit or be visited. Jobs are jobs. People are employed everywhere. Unless of course the career is strictly FL oriented. Like a citrus expert.
Yep!

Glad we are here!

Old 10-13-2013, 09:39 PM

745 posts, read 1,582,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Some of us were brought here without say, ie.. Parents ,and have no choice but to stay because of lack of jobs elsewhere in the current job field..
then suck it up and change fields and do something else to get out. That excuse is so lame. If anybody TRULY wants to get out (of any state), they'll find a way.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:43 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo384 View Post
then suck it up and change fields and do something else to get out. That excuse is so lame. If anybody TRULY wants to get out (of any state), they'll find a way.
Sure they can. And the best comparable job to what I do now where I want to live pays around 75k/yr less than what I make elsewhere.

I have looked a ton and received many offers. I'd rather keep my extra 75k+ and live somewhere a bit less desirable. That way when I'm not working I can do more stuff I like. Living somewhere great isnt that great when youre flat broke for the most part. Bewn there, done that, not worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-14-2013, 01:27 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,898,902 times
Quote:
That can be a very selfish way to live. Some people may have elderly parents that need help and are too old to move. Some people live in FL to be close to their children and grandchildren. Life IS short. That's why people sometimes live where they don't like - to spend more time with family.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:33 AM

745 posts, read 1,582,908 times
yea, it's still sad tho to spend all day long on an Internet message board complaining about the weather, when it was a nice, sunny day. I mean really.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:30 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo384 View Post
yea, it's still sad tho to spend all day long on an Internet message board complaining about the weather, when it was a nice, sunny day. I mean really.
+ 2,000,000,000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida