Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 08:30 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,626,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo384 View Post
yea, it's still sad tho to spend all day long on an Internet message board complaining about the weather, when it was a nice, sunny day. I mean really.
The same could be said for some who spend all day singing the praises of Florida while circumventing the TOS by trolling in their status messages. Seems like they'd be out enjoying their paradise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 01:22 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,965,807 times
Quote:
then suck it up and change fields and do something else to get out. That excuse is so lame. If anybody TRULY wants to get out (of any state), they'll find a way.
Yah you see it doesn't work like that, because if u changed careers everytime you lived a place you didn't like your best job would be McDonald's and foodstamps. To make more money in some fields you actually have to be established and work your way up to enjoy the benefits. Hard concept to understand in sure. people who get degrees in certain fields usually don't want to just "change careers". Plus we are in a position where our retirement doesn't transfer and that's 10 years vested.

Money might be nothin to you but when it comes to putting food on the table for my kid it's a lot to me. So your reasoning sounds like a bachelors reasoning without any responsibility but to himself and pet dog. For the rest of us that reasoning is called being selfish to our families. It's ibvious you want nothing more for everyone to rave about how wonderful Florida is and the rest to move tomorrow no matter the financial cost to their families. You seem to thrive on these fights. That's great you're happy here, that doesn't mean the rest of is of and that doesn't mean we want to move out tomorrow .

If fla is so wonderous why are you on here so much trying to convince all of us it is and not out enjoying the heat and humidity more ?

Last edited by Sweetbottoms; 10-14-2013 at 01:31 PM..

Old 10-14-2013, 01:40 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,821,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Ive heard that explanation before. Regardless, there is no way I would stay in a place I didnt like. Life is to short to be in a place that does not bring happiness. That's my bottom line. Happiness. Nothing else matters. There is nothing tying a child down. Families can visit or be visited. Jobs are jobs. People are employed everywhere. Unless of course the career is strictly FL oriented. Like a citrus expert.
Waiting on an opportunity is silly if someone is unhappy with their locale.
You got that one right!

Old 10-14-2013, 02:30 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,142,671 times
So the career is not available anywhere else but FL??

As far as retirement, are you waiting to hit the 10 years or has it been 10 years that you've suffered in FL?

Stating the goodness about FL is so much better than reading the complaint department. Glad that the happy folks out number the dis-chanted.

Nobody is trying to convince any one how great FL is. Some of us just dont understand why people who hate it are still here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Yah you see it doesn't work like that, because if u changed careers everytime you lived a place you didn't like your best job would be McDonald's and foodstamps. To make more money in some fields you actually have to be established and work your way up to enjoy the benefits. Hard concept to understand in sure. people who get degrees in certain fields usually don't want to just "change careers". Plus we are in a position where our retirement doesn't transfer and that's 10 years vested.

Money might be nothin to you but when it comes to putting food on the table for my kid it's a lot to me. So your reasoning sounds like a bachelors reasoning without any responsibility but to himself and pet dog. For the rest of us that reasoning is called being selfish to our families. It's ibvious you want nothing more for everyone to rave about how wonderful Florida is and the rest to move tomorrow no matter the financial cost to their families. You seem to thrive on these fights. That's great you're happy here, that doesn't mean the rest of is of and that doesn't mean we want to move out tomorrow .

If fla is so wonderous why are you on here so much trying to convince all of us it is and not out enjoying the heat and humidity more ?

Old 10-14-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
So the career is not available anywhere else but FL??

As far as retirement, are you waiting to hit the 10 years or has it been 10 years that you've suffered in FL?

Stating the goodness about FL is so much better than reading the complaint department. Glad that the happy folks out number the dis-chanted.

Nobody is trying to convince any one how great FL is. Some of us just dont understand why people who hate it are still here.
The job market does not open in my husbands field often , it is usually filled by people who once there don't leave. Because he has been at his job for 10 years he is vested in retirement and his pay has priced us out of most places except California. He's paid about $4 more here than he would be in NE.. We searched for years. When he is done with his degree he can choose to stay in his field but have more flexibility or leave it all together for something higher pay. Until then we are stuck and since we don't want to be a financial burden to our child in the future we will work our lives around things like retirement and pay.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:19 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,142,671 times
We do what we gotta do.

Quote:
The job market does not open in my husbands field often , it is usually filled by people who once there don't leave. Because he has been at his job for 10 years he is vested in retirement and his pay has priced us out of most places except California. He's paid about $4 more here than he would be in NE.. We searched for years. When he is done with his degree he can choose to stay in his field but have more flexibility or leave it all together for something higher pay. Until then we are stuck and since we don't want to be a financial burden to our child in the future we will work our lives around things like retirement and pay.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:05 PM

745 posts, read 1,584,067 times
Quote:

you have 3x as many posts as I do. Bye.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
you have 3x as many posts as I do. Bye.
Yes well previous to this name I had 5 years of prior posts to that name that were added to this... Bye...

Old 10-15-2013, 04:28 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,697,821 times
Here in Broward the temps are still the same as they have been for the past 6 months, but the difference is the humidity is not as bad, therefore the temps dont feel as extreme.

Like, I can sit out on my patio and feel a somewhat comfortable breeze going even tho it's 90 degrees out. Where as if I did that in July---I'd be drenched in sweat from the humidity.

Nice weather we've been having tho. Still very warm just not as humid, I'll take it!

Old 10-15-2013, 04:45 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,910,056 times
Felt downright chilly this morning for a while. Dead leaves starting to fall all over my driveway from the giant oak trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida