Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 11:14 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,142,671 times

Advertisements

If you dont like "long summers" or extended periods of warm weather you certainly need to be someplace else. Obviously the extended periods of warm weather in FL have been here for eons and isnt going anywhere. it is up to you to relocate as the weather is not going to change any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Nah. Those places aren't nearly as hot as Florida. Well, they are, but only in the Summer. Atlanta and Dallas have a summer that is roughly four months long. Florida has Summers that are eight months or longer.

I don't hate hot weather all year long and I actually enjoy Summer activities outside such as boating, fishing, or just hanging out at the pool (I don't like the beach though. Its too far to drive to one that my friends and I can drink on). What I hate is how long the heat stays in Florida. Come September I am SO done with it! I become lethargic and like a slug.

But yeah, in the North Texas and North Georgia area the intense heat is gone by September. I was just in Atlanta early September and their nights were cooler than Tampa is now!

The dream though is to one day get to California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 08:10 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,964,783 times
Hope everyone is ready for this "awesome" cold front they won't shut up about on tv. Can't wait to feel that crips 84 degree day and 70 degree night... Just like fall ahhhhhh... Meteorologist even said we can bust out our sweater cause it MIGHT reach 68 at night.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:27 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,747,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Hope everyone is ready for this "awesome" cold front they won't shut up about on tv. Can't wait to feel that crips 84 degree day and 70 degree night... Just like fall ahhhhhh... Meteorologist even said we can bust out our sweater cause it MIGHT reach 68 at night.
Yeah I know, 84 with low humitiy would be a welcome after the temps this past week. Ugh 91 today ahead of that week cold front and the stronger one only lowering temps down to 84 can't wait for at least the fall HIghs that as least bring in the northern breezes.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:32 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,339,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I can't wait! I might actually be able to go running in the daylight. I'm sick of doing my runs at midnight because that is the only time it isn't unbearably hot out.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:29 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,343,504 times
Lows in the 50's and 40's for Central and North Florida the next few days.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:39 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
Quote:
I can't wait! I might actually be able to go running in the daylight. I'm sick of doing my runs at midnight because that is the only time it isn't unbearably hot out.
Hmmmmm....I wonder how all those folks in my neighborhood and in my part of town were able to bike and jog in the mid afternoon all summer?

Old 10-23-2013, 01:55 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,339,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Hmmmmm....I wonder how all those folks in my neighborhood and in my part of town were able to bike and jog in the mid afternoon all summer?
If they were like me, then they were probably suffering. The air in Florida during the summer is extremely hot and humid which makes it almost impossible to breath. My running performance suffers a lot in the summer months because of the awful heat.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:55 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,901,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Because every one has different heat tolerances. Same goes for cold. Some people here freeze at 50, others think it's refreshing and great outside weather. Not a hard concept to grasp. Have you seen the "what do you keep your a/c set at" thread? Temps are all over because everyone is different and feels comfortable at different temps.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:05 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
Because every one has different heat tolerances. Same goes for cold. Some people here freeze at 50, others think it's refreshing and great outside weather. Not a hard concept to grasp. Have you seen the "what do you keep your a/c set at" thread? Temps are all over because everyone is different and feels comfortable at different temps.
Yes, I know. I was being sarcastically funny, while pointing out that a lot of people have no problem biking and jogging during the day during the summer. Different strokes for different folks for sure.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:45 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,950,344 times
Quote:
If they were like me, then they were probably suffering. The air in Florida during the summer is extremely hot and humid which makes it almost impossible to breath. My running performance suffers a lot in the summer months because of the awful heat.
Man up bro, training hot is not a bad thing. If you're a serious runner then what's a little sweat to ya. Sounds like you are just upset that you haven't moved out of Florida yet but I really think you should. While I welcome cooler weather like most in this state, I pride myself on living in a snow free, great winter temp state, and would never (but have) lived elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida