U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-18-2016, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,205,272 times
Reputation: 6009

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
well.. now its the "gunshine" state..
Gunshine state? Most states have equivalent firearms laws. What do you think makes FL any different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-18-2016, 02:49 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,205,272 times
Reputation: 6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Well below average as the 3rd most populated state..

https://wallethub.com/edu/most-and-l...d-cities/6656/
I didnt see any state rankings in that link so I dont know how your
"Well below average as the 3rd most populated state" was calculated.

However, this lists puts Fl right about middle at 28 on the list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nal_attainment


Looking at some of the states rated highest in education levels are places with high costs of living and high taxes.


I often wonder what keeps people in a place they find to be unacceptable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2016, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,205,272 times
Reputation: 6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Well don't you think highly of yourself, while discounting others differing opinions that don't mesh with your own? What a special little world you live in...
I dont discount differing opinions but frankly most of them are formed and based on inaccuracies and dislike coming from very unhappy and bitter people who have no control over their lives.

My special little world is excellent and I know everybody here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2016, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,205,272 times
Reputation: 6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Uber-emotional personal experiences? LOL

It's actually factually based as shown above and for the record they also launch rockets into space from Texas, which also isn't exactly known for it's intellectual capital either.
Dude: You really made a huge mistake by placing yourself in FL. You should be living in a tall ivory tower looking down upon all the peons in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2016, 05:34 PM
 
Location: SW Florida
9,663 posts, read 6,962,505 times
Reputation: 13972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Dude: You really made a huge mistake by placing yourself in FL. You should be living in a tall ivory tower looking down upon all the peons in the world.

........And surrounding himself with delusions of grandeur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2016, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Lakeland, Florida
6,953 posts, read 12,436,090 times
Reputation: 8630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I didnt see any state rankings in that link so I dont know how your
"Well below average as the 3rd most populated state" was calculated.

However, this lists puts Fl right about middle at 28 on the list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nal_attainment


Looking at some of the states rated highest in education levels are places with high costs of living and high taxes.


I often wonder what keeps people in a place they find to be unacceptable.
Lack of money to just pack up and go elsewhere. A job here but not elsewhere. Probably a number of reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2016, 08:17 PM
 
2 posts, read 2,133 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Like it or not, Florida hasn't been given the moniker of "Floriduh" just because and for the record not everyone can up and leave where they're living for various reasons.... and don't expect to me not contribute any negative (yet factual) information to this forum whilst you and others provide your cheerleader perspectives which can also leave an impression many will argue is not truly representative of living here, nor factual. Last I checked, it's an independent forum which allows for varying points of view and was not created by the state tourism board or chamber of commerce.
I approve of this message
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2016, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,205,272 times
Reputation: 6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Lack of money to just pack up and go elsewhere. A job here but not elsewhere. Probably a number of reasons.
Money can be earned. You do whatever you have to do to live where and how you want. It may take 2.5 years as it did for me when I was no longer happy with the city I grew up in. Quality of life, whatever that may for a person is paramount to everything else. If you want to accomplish a goal it can be done with sacrifice and work. That is why transplants from around the world succeed here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2016, 12:34 PM
 
579 posts, read 342,420 times
Reputation: 624
I hate Florida. Well, not completely. The weather is nice and the scenery is generally nice. But THE PEOPLE!! Yikes!! I admit.. I come from the north.. From a relatively "well off" town.. But someone on the first page said there are too many rednecks and Hispanics.. I have to agree. There are also a lot of islanders as well.. Caribbean? It's not that I'm racist or hate these groups.. Just seem to have not much in common with them.. Different lifestyles and tastes..rednecks have this culture that I don't relate to..

Also the dating scene.. I have met a few transplants which were from northern states as well.. But sadly they both turned out to have addiction issues.. Not good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2016, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,205,272 times
Reputation: 6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy00 View Post
I hate Florida. Well, not completely. The weather is nice and the scenery is generally nice. But THE PEOPLE!! Yikes!! I admit.. I come from the north.. From a relatively "well off" town.. But someone on the first page said there are too many rednecks and Hispanics.. I have to agree. There are also a lot of islanders as well.. Caribbean? It's not that I'm racist or hate these groups.. Just seem to have not much in common with them.. Different lifestyles and tastes..rednecks have this culture that I don't relate to..

Also the dating scene.. I have met a few transplants which were from northern states as well.. But sadly they both turned out to have addiction issues.. Not good
Perhaps you are in the wrong part of FL. The state is very diverse. Where else would you find southerners (red necks) besides the south?

Odds are you are in a large metro area and havent had the opportunity to see what else is going on in the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top