Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2021, 05:56 PM

786 posts, read 626,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
I don't even bother with those water dispensers. Dasiani and Zepherhills has those 21 pack cases I just buy those. Wal-Mart Zepherhills large case like under 5 bucks. That is pretty funny though

I refill those 5 gallons love it. I fill mine out front of the CVS using the dinosaur method of putting in Quarters. No dealing with the people of Wal Mart needed.

I dont know how you would look at that machine and come to that conclusion. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2021, 09:35 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfenn006 View Post

I dont know how you would look at that machine and come to that conclusion. LOL
lol he only did it once!

Old 02-06-2021, 11:53 PM

422 posts, read 282,203 times
Seems like they raise the prices when the snowbird season arrives in my opinion. It is now $2.29 for an eggplant there and I got one at Sprouts for $0.98 today

Old 02-07-2021, 07:59 AM

2,530 posts, read 1,862,895 times
It's just a grocery store. go there to get what you need and get out. That's it. It's not a therapy session or a community center etc.

Old 02-07-2021, 08:29 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,007,643 times
I always felt like publix was overpriced. Have always preferred kroger, personally. People talk up their customer service but Chic Fila doesn't charge you an arm and a leg just cuz they offer the best customer service.

Old 02-07-2021, 09:15 AM

6,417 posts, read 4,911,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
I always felt like publix was overpriced. Have always preferred kroger, personally. People talk up their customer service but Chic Fila doesn't charge you an arm and a leg just cuz they offer the best customer service.
Overpriced compared to what? Publix is comparable to WD, cheaper than Fresh Market, similar to Walmart when you factor in the BOGO and more expensive than Target (everyone is). The customer service is better than any of the above except for Trader Joe's.

Old 02-07-2021, 09:39 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Overpriced compared to what? Publix is comparable to WD, cheaper than Fresh Market, similar to Walmart when you factor in the BOGO and more expensive than Target (everyone is). The customer service is better than any of the above except for Trader Joe's.

If you buy the same grocery cart regularly, you realize that every store has their cheaper and more expensive items. Example- for us, Publix is the cheap place to buy Pomi tomato products compared to peers but charges 25% more for Organic Valle milk than Whole Foods does.

I do not get Winn-Dixie. For our shopping patterns, it's Publix pricing but Walmart level of product selection and store ambience. And if I wanted the Walmart level of product selection, I'd just go to Walmart and get Walmart pricing.

Old 02-07-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
I guess I don't prioritize customer service very high in a grocery store. Im not sitting down to eat Sunday dinner or something. Not every product is more expensive all the time at publix. But when we lived in Nashville and had access to kroger and publix we consistently chose kroger because, besides the buy one get one deals, we would always end up spending more at publix for generally the same groceries. No way around it. The stores were well kept but to my wife and I we could care less how nice everyone was to us. As long as someone isn't outright rude to you then the next priority is how much you're going to spend for similar products.
However, I did have a co-worker once that told me she doesn't shop at publix anymore because she was on her phone once and started crying due to a family situation and a store clerk asked her to leave because he was apparently uncomfortable with her crying on her phone in the store. I thought that was clearly disrespectful for a store that characterizes itself in customer service.

Old 02-07-2021, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
If you buy the same grocery cart regularly, you realize that every store has their cheaper and more expensive items. Example- for us, Publix is the cheap place to buy Pomi tomato products compared to peers but charges 25% more for Organic Valle milk than Whole Foods does.

I do not get Winn-Dixie. For our shopping patterns, it's Publix pricing but Walmart level of product selection and store ambience. And if I wanted the Walmart level of product selection, I'd just go to Walmart and get Walmart pricing.
This.

We often shop at different stores for different things. But when we did have access to publix usually we could find a comparable product at Kroger or somewhere else for the same price if not cheaper. Not always, but most of the time.

Old 02-07-2021, 01:36 PM

3,437 posts, read 2,407,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
This.

We often shop at different stores for different things. But when we did have access to publix usually we could find a comparable product at Kroger or somewhere else for the same price if not cheaper. Not always, but most of the time.
We don't have a Kroger here. We have a bunch of Publix stores; two within 5 minutes of the house (one north, one south). We have a Walmart Supercenter, an Aldi's, and Winn Dixie all accessible by golf cart. There's a Sam's Club a little further, and we can't get there by golf cart. BJ's will be coming to us though, not far from Walmart and again - just a few minutes by golf cart.

We live in a golf cart community, so that's kind of important.

There is also a Fresh Market but it's around 40 minutes by golf cart, and 20 minutes by car, plus it's very expensive and has limited options.

I like what Publix offers. I don't like their prices. So for most things, I go to Walmart. For fresh produce or fresh foods that aren't pre-packaged and that need refrigeration (meat, fish) I prefer Publix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida