Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2021, 05:27 AM

648 posts, read 517,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGAFL View Post
Can we not agree we need more of this in Florida?: https://laspadas.com/
I’d been to the old Parkside, PA location a few times before the whole operation went down to Florida. They did not serve a very good cheese steak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 05:39 AM

237 posts, read 283,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyp22 View Post
I’d been to the old Parkside, PA location a few times before the whole operation went down to Florida. They did not serve a very good cheese steak.
lol, who cares about those? I'm talking about their subs!

Old 02-17-2021, 05:46 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Neither are anything to write home about.
This was the exact point I was making

Old 02-17-2021, 05:50 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
Quote:
Can we not agree we need more of this in Florida?: https://laspadas.com/
Absolutely. Though I guess that's an Orlando spin off?

Here is our South Florida LaSpadas: https://laspadashoagies.com/

You can't really beat the great local spots. For me, that's Louie K's Club Sandwich in Sunrise. But this is a Florida forum, so have to be more general

Old 02-17-2021, 06:53 AM

237 posts, read 283,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Absolutely. Though I guess that's an Orlando spin off?

Here is our South Florida LaSpadas: https://laspadashoagies.com/

You can't really beat the great local spots. For me, that's Louie K's Club Sandwich in Sunrise. But this is a Florida forum, so have to be more general
It's the same family. When they first came to FL, I believe they did originally set up shop in Orlando, then added new locations. The ones down your way seem more modern & upscale, vs. those around Orlando which seem to give off more of an old school vibe.

My favorite used to be Georgia-based Baldinos subs. Had a location here in Jax, but it didn't last. Locals here rave about a place called Angies Subs, which are ok but not great.

Old 02-17-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
lol, who cares about those? I'm talking about their subs!
Yeah, they weren’t much better. The original Primo’s in South Philly made a better sub IMO. But I will say once Primo’s started opening up shops left and right that the quality at even the original family location went down a bit. When I get back to Orange County I’ll give LaSpadas a try.

Old 02-17-2021, 02:37 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyp22 View Post
Yeah, they weren’t much better. The original Primo’s in South Philly made a better sub IMO. But I will say once Primo’s started opening up shops left and right that the quality at even the original family location went down a bit. When I get back to Orange County I’ll give LaSpadas a try.
Have you ever tried Paesano's on Girard Ave? This sandwich was the holy grail..
https://storage.googleapis.com/zagat...d-paesanos.jpg

Old 02-17-2021, 04:24 PM

They closed last year. Yes, they were good. A bit pricier for a sub, but yeah they were good. The guy who owned that place is still running Modo Mio, where some of the sandwiches are still available. They also have other good stuff.

Old 02-18-2021, 10:41 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,695,520 times
Whats with the Free Advertising here ? ? ?

Old 02-18-2021, 03:53 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,749,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Whats with the Free Advertising here ? ? ?
When there was a swath of anti-Publix posts on the forum in the past, there was always someone with relatively new usernames posting in favor of Publix on the forum. Notice that they always say "Publix Supermarkets." I don't recall any of the regular posters here referring to it as such nor do the vast majority of people say Supermarkets when talking about Publix in real life conversations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida