Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2021, 03:59 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,340,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
When there was a swath of anti-Publix posts on the forum in the past, there was always someone with relatively new usernames posting in favor of Publix on the forum. Notice that they always say "Publix Supermarkets." I don't recall any of the regular posters here referring to it as such nor do the vast majority of people say Supermarkets when talking about Publix in real life conversations.
If they're saying Publix Supermarkets it's very likely someone from corporate posting it. Publix has a whole section at corporate that monitors and posts on social media all day. I'll have to find the video on youtube but one of the Tampa TV stations did a story on their social media dept and day to day operations. This big companies have employees who's job is to monitor posts online and social media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2021, 09:45 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
If they're saying Publix Supermarkets it's very likely someone from corporate posting it. Publix has a whole section at corporate that monitors and posts on social media all day. I'll have to find the video on youtube but one of the Tampa TV stations did a story on their social media dept and day to day operations. This big companies have employees who's job is to monitor posts online and social media.
How do I get one of those jobs? I'd love it since I'm on social media all day long.

ps. I'm sort of early retired due to covid19 but I'm bored.

Old 02-19-2021, 05:42 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,694,174 times
Quote:

Yep, a great point...but be sure other Retailers out there whatever line of work it is, they are also doing the exact same thing. With Social Media in this day and age it's hard to discard anything that is happening in the backgrounds of these Businesses

Old 02-19-2021, 10:25 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,694,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
When there was a swath of anti-Publix posts on the forum in the past, there was always someone with relatively new usernames posting in favor of Publix on the forum. Notice that they always say "Publix Supermarkets." I don't recall any of the regular posters here referring to it as such nor do the vast majority of people say Supermarkets when talking about Publix in real life conversations.
Just in case, new user name (irish_star)

Old 02-19-2021, 04:35 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,749,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_star View Post
I just looked it up, the company is named Publix Supermarkets not Publix....like Kroger Company...Winn-Dixie Stores....Wegmans Food Markets, Inc....HEB Grocery Company etc

I hardly think it's something nefarious or conspiratorial in referring to any company by their name on the web.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Just in case, new user name (irish_star)
Yep. Another new account.

Of course there is nothing wrong with saying "Publix Supermarkets." I'm just saying that I think it is one person using multiple accounts as people don't say "Publix Supermarkets" in everyday conversation. It's just "Publix."

Old 02-20-2021, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
How do I get one of those jobs? I'd love it since I'm on social media all day long.

ps. I'm sort of early retired due to covid19 but I'm bored.
I'm not sure they're the greatest paying jobs. Could be boring at times looking at a screen all day. But a large company pretty hectic.

Best bet would be smaller companies you see advertising for social media managers.

Not to sound age biased but they'd probably hire a millennial to do it.

Old 02-26-2021, 08:13 AM

16 posts, read 36,083 times
There are all kinds of jobs like that, but just because someone is a new poster, it doesn't mean they work for Publix or other stores. There are more self-serving real estate sales people it seems to me than others. There are also posters who work for CVB's in every city's forums. That's why you can't rely on what they spew as the truth or even important!

Old 02-26-2021, 08:19 AM

16 posts, read 36,083 times
If you see posters who always as happy boosters with quad-zillion posts they do work for cities and towns, you see that in forums all over such as Atlanta, Dallas, towns all over Tennessee and a ton of vacation spots, or towns trying to burnish their image. TN may be the worst right now, and of course FL as well! (Of course, they can also be a bunch of nasty, mean old people in their 60s and 70s who have nothing else to do...one rather nice poster was an old lady in the AR forum wh just died according to the website).

Old 02-26-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by castelazo View Post
There are all kinds of jobs like that, but just because someone is a new poster, it doesn't mean they work for Publix or other stores. There are more self-serving real estate sales people it seems to me than others. There are also posters who work for CVB's in every city's forums. That's why you can't rely on what they spew as the truth or even important!
I mentioned that because they called it Publix Supermarkets which is their official name and no one ever calls it that so that's why I commented they probably worked at corporate. Here in FL it's just Publix to us.

Old 02-26-2021, 01:08 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
I mentioned that because they called it Publix Supermarkets which is their official name and no one ever calls it that so that's why I commented they probably worked at corporate. Here in FL it's just Publix to us.
I second this. It's odd to hear it called that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida