Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 01:07 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,271,177 times

Advertisements

I would rather have the storm norm 100 miles west of me that way i will get more rain than if the storm was right over me as the bad weather is on the east side clyde.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 03:10 PM

3,438 posts, read 2,409,977 times
So I'm watching all these weather "news" on TV - various channels, showing shoppers stocking up on essentials the day before the storm. They're all saying things like "yeah we learned our lesson from [insert hurricane they lived through] and we've come out to pick up all the things we need now."

Obviously they didn't learn their lesson. If they did, they wouldn't be waiting til the start of hurricane season to stock up. They would've already had those sandbags in their garage. They would've replaced all their batteries a month ago. They would already have two cases of water (and who in their right mind drinks tap water in Florida and doesn't keep 2 cases in the house anyway???). People buying bandaids - did you people NOT have bandaids in your house anyway? Why in the world would you need to wait for someone to warn you a hurricane is coming, to keep all this stuff in your house already?

Old 07-05-2021, 03:24 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,695,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
So I'm watching all these weather "news" on TV - various channels, showing shoppers stocking up on essentials the day before the storm. They're all saying things like "yeah we learned our lesson from [insert hurricane they lived through] and we've come out to pick up all the things we need now."

Obviously they didn't learn their lesson. If they did, they wouldn't be waiting til the start of hurricane season to stock up. They would've already had those sandbags in their garage. They would've replaced all their batteries a month ago. They would already have two cases of water (and who in their right mind drinks tap water in Florida and doesn't keep 2 cases in the house anyway???). People buying bandaids - did you people NOT have bandaids in your house anyway? Why in the world would you need to wait for someone to warn you a hurricane is coming, to keep all this stuff in your house already?
Thats has always been my take, people don't get ready 2 days BEFORE a Storm arrives and cause PANIC in the Supernarkets, Gas Stations and in the Traffic out in the Streets and Roadways.

Humans never Learn.

Old 07-05-2021, 03:33 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,783,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Thats has always been my take, people don't get ready 2 days BEFORE a Storm arrives and cause PANIC in the Supernarkets, Gas Stations and in the Traffic out in the Streets and Roadways.

Humans never Learn.
If it isn't a hurricane, why worry at all. The latest "storm" is not a major problem. Kinda like being in CA and OH heaven help us we had a 2.0 earthquake. Yeah kinda like a dog shaking your bed.

Old 07-05-2021, 04:08 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:

Maybe they get a thrill out of that last minute shopping, crowds, excitement of the moment?

Old 07-05-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:

I don't have any in my house. Not like i ever need one and if i did i can use tape like a silly ape. This storm is gonna be jack like the last one in Nov so nothing to get upset about.

I would love one of these every month of the year dear.

Old 07-05-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Maybe they get a thrill out of that last minute shopping, crowds, excitement of the moment?
Not me. I never get anything out of these storms norm. Lived here since 1963 and have yet to have a twig blow off a tree. I hate crowds and shopping.

Old 07-05-2021, 05:13 PM

2,531 posts, read 1,863,511 times
Will just be another day.

Old 07-05-2021, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Will just be another day.
If it was a CAT 5 with gust to 230mph it would be a diff story pulling up a bowl of water all along the west coast flooding everyone.

Old 07-05-2021, 05:40 PM

628 posts, read 1,316,119 times
It's pretty much going to be a big summer thunderstorm. Some pretty good wind gusts, lots of rain and will be in and out of here in 24 hours. Nothing to get panicky about. A real hurricane will be Cat3 or more; that's the time to worry a little bit and prepare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida