Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 04:39 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Good one!

Now explain to us all why you think those two items would be considered an asset?

Just in case you do not understand what an asset is I have helped you out here.

asset definition
as·set (aset)
noun
  1. anything owned that has a value to someone or something.
  2. a valuable or desirable thing to have
  3. Something of value to or desirable by others.
The Everglades is a swamp and is a big asset to Florida. Maybe you should read up on it since you do plan on moving to Florida.
Everglades - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mosquito Information Website - Mosquito Management - Integrated Mosquito Management (IMM)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 04:45 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
Default A home that you don't live in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Good one!

Now explain to us all why you think those two items would be considered an asset?

Just in case you do not understand what an asset is I have helped you out here.

asset definition
as·set (aset)
noun
  1. anything owned that has a value to someone or something.
  2. a valuable or desirable thing to have
  3. Something of value to or desirable by others.
is a noose around your neck in today's economy. Actually, one home that you live in is a noose around your neck if you want to sell it.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:23 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
is a noose around your neck in today's economy. Actually, one home that you live in is a noose around your neck if you want to sell it.
Depends on what you paid for it!

If you paid too much then yes, if you paid the RIGHT price for it then it would not be a noose.

I could sell my home quickly and still make a profit on it.

Something many cannot do because they either paid way to much for it or borrowed against it up to the neck that has the noose around it.

There are many people in Florida who have homes that are an assets. They bought smart and did not bury themselves.

Then you have the others who thought they had an asset, do not now and blame everything and everyone else for them being depressed because they made a mistake on the home.

So with that said, nice thought.

Those who bought their homes right and did not borrow up to there neck is an asset to the state of Florida for many reasons.

Homes here are selling ok, mostly because people did not buy them to expect to make a killing on them by being greedy.

Mainly because the rest of the people in Florida wont have to bail the people who did not live up to their loan contracts.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
The Everglades is a swamp and is a big asset to Florida. Maybe you should read up on it since you do plan on moving to Florida.
Everglades - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mosquito Information Website - Mosquito Management - Integrated Mosquito Management (IMM)

I know Florida well enough to know about the Everglades.

I probably know Florida as well if not better then you do!!

You have to get out of the house once in a while to see the good things.

And you did not intend your post to be an asset, you found a way to make it out like it was. Nice try!

Old 02-07-2009, 09:26 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,149,121 times
Three things: Climate, Disney World, and Beaches.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshire81182 View Post
Three things: Climate, Disney World, and Beaches.
I agree, those are tuff to beat!

Old 02-07-2009, 11:03 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,187 times
GREATEST ASSET: Endless bus loads of people who will slave themselves to work for less and live in modular homes in order to fulfill the needs of the rich people who live on the water or the fairway!

Old 02-07-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
GREATEST ASSET: Endless bus loads of people who will slave themselves to work for less and live in modular homes in order to fulfill the needs of the rich people who live on the water or the fairway!
Guess some people have it and some people don't.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:13 PM

268 posts, read 900,179 times
BEST BEACHES IN THE US - PERIOD. The only state in the US surrounded by three sides of ocean and almost considered an island. Mosquitos and bugs are not that big a deal. In the summer, crank your AC, install screens and don't stay out all night fishing in the Everglades and avoid swamps. National real estate experts consider Florida the most promsing future of any state in the US... California was the best, but they have all sorts of problems now.

Now Miami is whole other story!

My 2 cents.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Floridian View Post
BEST BEACHES IN THE US - PERIOD. The only state in the US surrounded by three sides of ocean and almost considered an island. Mosquitos and bugs are not that big a deal. In the summer, crank your AC, install screens and don't stay out all night fishing in the Everglades and avoid swamps. National real estate experts consider Florida the most promsing future of any state in the US... California was the best, but they have all sorts of problems now.

Now Miami is whole other story!

My 2 cents.
Florida has all the "tools" to be our best state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida