Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 02:25 PM

263 posts, read 574,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
Thank you for your recommendations. I have a couple of friends down there already and they've tried to steer me towards the more midwestern type feeling towns. I have to say the one that is the happiest down there lives in Bonita Springs. My relatives live on the other coast (been there since 1962) like where they are as well. I did know to stay away from Northern parts, and don't want to live in the Central part of Florida anyway. I am also looking for a small town, not teeny time, but no big time city like Tampa.
Actually my favorite place was Clearwater St Petersburg area, but I haven't been there for a few years. Do you think I'd like those 2 areas?

Clearwater and St Pete are probably good choices for you. I'd suggest St Pete out of the two.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:59 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,634,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
Thank you for your recommendations. I have a couple of friends down there already and they've tried to steer me towards the more midwestern type feeling towns. I have to say the one that is the happiest down there lives in Bonita Springs. My relatives live on the other coast (been there since 1962) like where they are as well. I did know to stay away from Northern parts, and don't want to live in the Central part of Florida anyway. I am also looking for a small town, not teeny time, but no big time city like Tampa.
Actually my favorite place was Clearwater St Petersburg area, but I haven't been there for a few years. Do you think I'd like those 2 areas?
You might like Dunedin also.
They have a nice little downtown area and are just north of Clearwater.
Small town feel but everything around that you need.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:08 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,544,738 times
Pooring Footers and Mike Peterson thank you both, you both always have decent responses and viewpoints, helpful pointers are always appreciated.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:15 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,049 times
Weeki Wachee, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are TWELVE people in the "city" of Weeki Wachee, Florida. This is joke right? A city? I have more than triple that number of people on HALF my street in Naples. More than triple that number of people on the HALF my street on LI. More than triple that number of people on the street where my Uncle lived in Indiana. Hell, there were more than 12 people where our friend had a cabin in the in mountains of the Catskills in upstate NY where it was VERY RURAL.

No wonder this man needs to drum up real estate business, BADLY.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:17 PM

I was going to suggest small towns a little inland from Tampa like Brooksville but they may be too Southern for you. In FL, it's just kind of hard to find a place that is exactly what you are looking for. For me, the places I like most are Northern FL because of the southerness, but you dont want that. And I cant suggest other areas of FL (especially South FL, Tampa and Orlando) because you will find the people to be very rude (since you find people in NC/SC to be rude). So, it's hard to find a place that has everything you are looking for.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post

There are TWELVE people in the "city" of Weeki Wachee, Florida. This is joke right? A city? I have more than triple that number of people on HALF my street in Naples. More than triple that number of people on the HALF my street on LI. More than triple that number of people on the street where my Uncle lived in Indiana. Hell, there were more than 12 people where our friend had a cabin in the in mountains of the Catskills in upstate NY where it was VERY RURAL.

Picking on the RE agent (Mike Peterson) is getting old. He/she is insightful and has many helpful posts. I have made it pretty clear in some of my posts that I miss what FL was, and I dont like the fact that many areas of it have turned into Latin America or NJ... with that being said... Peterson and I dont agree on everything either, but I think the negative posting about a helpful poster is getting really old.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:21 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,049 times
Default Some people have an agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooring Footers View Post
Picking on the RE agent is getting old. He/she is insightful and has many helpful posts. He/she and I dont agree on everything either, but I think the negative posting about a helpful poster is getting really old.
that is obvious. These are very difficult economic times. Then to use JACKSONVILLE, the most northern part of Florida, as a weather model for the entire state, tell me who has an agenda?

Last edited by TANaples; 02-17-2009 at 03:32 PM..

Old 02-17-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:

Really, is that the best you have, pretty sad.

Cmon, try again. You should be able to do a little better.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
that is obvious. These are very difficult economic times. Then to use JACKSONVILLE, the most northern part of Florida, as a weather model for the entire state, tell me who has an agenda?
I guess reading comprehension was not a big thing back when you were in school.

The reason Jacksonville was mentioned was because it happened to have the highest average humidity of any large city in Florida.

Please show everyone where it was used as a weather model. Guess what, you can't find it cause it wasn't used.

When you and others stop posting outrageous and untrue generalizations then I will stop posting facts to show you are wrong.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Yes, these economic times are difficulty.

I have heard in a few instances of people having to leave one state for another because of financial problems.

What is your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida