Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2009, 02:59 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird42 View Post
Thanks for the input on TN, I was born and raised in The Bronx myself, so I know what you mean. I've been to two different sections of TN, Seiverville and Gallatin, which is a college town. Seiverville is more touristy, still the mountains are breathetaking. I have a friend in Clarksville and she's heading to the West Coast of Fl. she's done with the cold in TN. Glad that you have found your Utopia!
Thank you!

Clarksville does not have the best weather. It is 37 there, right now. At the same time, it is 57 in Knoxville. In general, I am not a fan of West Tennessee and Clarksville. Yuck. And they get a lot of tornadoes.

Everyone should find their utopia.

I was just reading on another forum posts saying that people are rude everywhere and if someone is unhappy in one place they are going to be unhappy anywhere. That is so not true. I cannot emphasize enough how shocked our inlaws were to see how we live.

No one should settle for being miserable. You only have one shot at this life. Go for it, folks. And I don't mean that everyone should move to Knoxville. Gawd, no. I'd have to move away! Truly. But go and be happy!

Old 12-09-2009, 04:27 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Well, several years ago we thought we wanted to move to the Central Coast of California, but it is ridiculously expensive there. Then we decided on Asheville, NC,and actually bought a place there, thinking we might retire there someday. But it turns out we love Florida the best after all, sold the NC home and found our paradise right here in beautiful Manatee County, and this is where we are going to stay. We can always visit those other places!

Old 12-09-2009, 05:50 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
I agree, hiknapster. I really like Eastern TN but I'm not sure I could live in Western TN. No thanks.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:09 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
I've lived in West TN, and the experience was bad enough that the spousal unit will now only set foot in the state to change planes at the Memphis airport.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:32 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
I've lived in West TN, and the experience was bad enough that the spousal unit will now only set foot in the state to change planes at the Memphis airport.
I believe it. West TN looks nothing like East TN. The weather is completely different. The culture and people are different.

TN is a long state. Indianapolis is closer to Knoxville than Memphis is.

I know this is the Florida forum. But the thread is about where to move to if moving out of Florida. Like Florida, TN is a big state, and its regions are very, very different. In fact it is actually divided into the three Grand Divisions.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:43 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Smile My husband is a native Floridian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
Life can sometimes be reduced to a yellow legal pad and a line down the middle. Pro's on one side and Con's on the other. It can be pretty reveling when you put it down on paper.
My husband grew up in Miami. It was nice then. He then moved to Fort Lauderdale, then to Boca Raton. He would talk about leaving FL, seeing snow, all that.

Here's the kicker: When I started researching and trying to talk to him about other areas, all of sudden he's saying things to people "Yeah, we love our house, prob be another 30 years in it" - stuff like that.

When I asked him recently about a 2nd home somewhere else (out of state), he wasn't as motivated as in the past.

I personally like it here; I love the weather but I'm a water girl and I love to swim; I like the diversity too.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:18 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
East TN and West TN are complete opposites. Like the panhandle and S FL. Eastern TN's wonderful.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:21 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
I could move anywhere..... if I won the mega bucks lottery I would live in Florida during the winter months and NYC spring/summer. In the autumn- the Carolina's in a Prevost.

Heading out to 7-11 now

Can you believe the person who won $1.5 million at 7-Eleven in Fort Myers got a Quick Pick and lives in Palm Bay? Wonder if he was just passing through and stopped for a cup of coffee or gas. The man who won a million on a scratch-off at the car wash in Bonita Springs was from Illinois. The Lottery Fairy is so unpredictable.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:20 PM

501 posts, read 1,881,585 times
Hmmm. I've always heard that moving AWAY from something is not a very good idea -- that moving TOWARDS something is better.

Speak to friends all over and the only place that seems to be doing OK is Texas and a few other states. You can have that.

Went for a bike ride today in Daytona (in the chilly 60º weather ) and affirmed why I live here with the greenery, gigantic trees, history, amazing views and water!

If I had to pick a place though, it'd probably be El Bolson Argentina in Patagonia or Nimbin Australia. It's summer there now!

Old 12-11-2009, 08:44 PM

530 posts, read 1,459,957 times
I would move back to Atlanta where I lived for 8 yrs or Hawaii or maybe somewhere in Central Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida