Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2010, 03:35 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,228,646 times

Advertisements

85 degrees-88% humidity-heat index of 95 degrees. It's 5:30 in the MORNING. Good grief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 04:54 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,774,924 times
77 down here, must be an arctic cold front coming through??? I have to get the ex boss' car ready for thier move to MO next weekend, so I am out of the door in 5 minutes so I have pre death heat, Florida sun time... Once that thing gets in the sky I am screwed. LOL.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:53 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,926,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
85 degrees-88% humidity-heat index of 95 degrees. It's 5:30 in the morning. good grief.

^^^whhhaaaaattt????????????

Old 06-07-2010, 05:20 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,228,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
^^^whhhaaaaattt????????????
Yep, according to the NOAA site. Right now it's 88 degrees, 66% humidity, heat index of 98. I've GOT to get an inside job. Maybe I can bribe my boss.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:50 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
It was pretty bad today, we were going to have lunch on the water outdoors, but it was way to hot today. The restaurant was empty because of the temps today. We ended up going some place else to eat indoors.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:46 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,813 times
Today in Boynton Beach area------91 degrees----82 % humidity==heat index of 101 degrees.

Fighting the humidity the past couple of days is similar to trying prevent a hammer from striking your head. I know humidity is a fact of life in South Florida. You do your best to try to adjust to the conditions and avoid over exertion during the afternoon hours.

When I first arrived in South Florida 26 years ago I wondered why the arrival of summer made a lot of people flee South Florida-----I no longer ask that question.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:34 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,774,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
Today in Boynton Beach area------91 degrees----82 % humidity==heat index of 101 degrees.

Fighting the humidity the past couple of days is similar to trying prevent a hammer from striking your head. I know humidity is a fact of life in South Florida. You do your best to try to adjust to the conditions and avoid over exertion during the afternoon hours.

When I first arrived in South Florida 26 years ago I wondered why the arrival of summer made a lot of people flee South Florida-----I no longer ask that question.
LOL... Yep the snowbirds have the right idea!!! I do everything in my power to stay inside until say... October. And just when it starts to think about cooling off I am leaving.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:01 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times
"Anyone else feel trapped by the heat yet?"

Not yet. I'm from Maine originally. Loved fall, winter, and spring - HATED summer. It got above 80 (not frequently on the Maine coast) and I was miserable. Then, in February of '98, I vacationed in the Caribbean. Hated winter ever since. In fact, cold weather makes my physically hurt. Moved to Tampa in '03.
With that said - usually here in September I start to feel trapped. Most of the summer, I actually enjoy the heat. Ideal for me is mid 80's, and here along the coast, that is the temperature for most of the day (high temps only last about an hour or two). In September though, when the breeze along the coast here dies down and it's been hot for five months, I start to not like it. Then, it seems right at my breaking point and I'd almost rather live up North - the first cold front moves through and the nights get down in the sixties. Still would rather live in the Caribbean or South Pacific though

Old 06-13-2010, 12:11 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,034,060 times
Well, only five months to go before we can start enjoying the outdoors again.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:55 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,751,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
Well, only five months to go before we can start enjoying the outdoors again.
It says 90 today but it really isn't that bad. I was out sitting under the mango tree and it was pleasant. One needs to accept it and not complain. I am sure I am the exception as I don't even use air conditioning. My house doesn't get that hot and I have a full house ventilator (A 4 foot fan in a wind tunnel in the attic). You may take an extra shower and a change of clothes but it really isn't that bad. If someone is not at all used to it and dwells on it they can drive themselves nuts. It's hot and that's that. This months electric bill by the way was $42.00. I could not imagine paying a few hundred like a lot of people do. I don't think i have ever had a $100.00 bill. I am not knocking anyone who can't cope with it, I probably would not like living in snow. I am putting my carport back up today. The car gets really hot in the sun and you can't park it under the mango trees this time of year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida