Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 11:46 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I was peeking under my stove a little while ago out of curiosity... it hasn't been moved in six years. I am afraid what might be under there when they come and take it away tomorrow... I will have the mop and bucket handy for a good scrubbing while it is out. I always get embarassed about that stuff- like the guys taking my stove away are really going to care that my kids have about thirty Barbie shoes under the stove and there is most likely some odd spill along the side between the cabinets... but it is beginning to gross me out to think about it... UGH....

So, dinner... I have been thinking as I have eaten my little three points today between breakfast and lunch. I could really go for a nice slice of 9 point pizza and I do have that in my WW Bank for the night... there is a great pizza place a couple of doors down from Karate so I might just take the kids there instead of dealing with the sandwich maker and running out the door... make my life easy and take advantage of the fact that I don't have a working stove...
I had to laugh about under the stove---don't even worry. When we moved in here we remodeled the kitchen so we had to take out the old stove here. You don't want to know what all we found. I was suprised something didn't come out and try to eat me!! Yikes!! But after taking out the floors and putting down tile and my hubby redoing the entire kitchen plus have all new cabinets and appliances in it is nice! You could not have anything under your stove like what was under this stove!!! I thought maybe it was the kids toy box under there! Ha! The toys were the "good" things under there!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:50 AM

878 posts, read 2,738,061 times
Decided to make dinner tonight...I rarely cook but am a good cook. Made brown stew chicken with yukon potatos and will serve with chilled avocado and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:53 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Hummmm........ok...... I've just been reading on line about "Churrasco". It's a METHOD of cooking the meat, which is supposedly "center cut beef tenderloin steak". There are several recipes on line if you just look up "churrasco" and depending on which country, you'll get a variation of how to make it and different sauces. Looks REAL good!

My Costco still calls it flap meat though and we end up translating it into Churrasco. I thought that was the actual name of the meat in Spanish. Live and Learn.
Attached Thumbnails
What's for dinner tonight???-chr_churrasco.jpg  

Old 10-01-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Finished freezing the peppers. Tonight is burritos. Easy, quick and little clean-up! My kind of meal. Of course I like the sounds of your dinner better lacey.....maybe I'll just tag along? Geezee--I have got to get out one of these nights and go to dinner. I think hubby is so happy with all the dinner ideas I get here he has no reason to go out! It may be time for a strike! Ha! Trouble is, there really isn't any good local restaurants. I sure don't feel like driving for an hour to get a decent meal. Oh my----guess cooking is the better of the two!!

Cyn...now that I have a little inkling of some parts of NC, whereabouts are you located that you are so far away from everything?

Old 10-01-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
amber...........I know flank steak. Thank you. I actually use it to make a Cuban dish called Ropa Vieja (translated it is Old Clothes). So good and one of my favorites.
Have I told you before that you can actually freeze food and FEDEX it? Maybe to an address in Miami?

My son used to love Ropa Vieja and I did too. We don't usually eat it anymore and I'm staying away from anything and everything with tomato/tomato sauce now.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:00 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
I bought a small chicken at the mrkt today.....its overcast and grey and coolish -- so roast chicken will be cozy and good.....have a couple of sweet potatoes also....not sure what else......except I have been craving a chocolate dessert...last night I wanted but didnt have a brownie with hot fudge and whipped cream.....today I bought a boxed chocolate cake with its own chocolate sauce...and I got some vanilla ice cream.....

PS Betty Crocker Hot Fudge Triple Chocolate cake.....we'll see about this.

Last edited by elston; 10-01-2008 at 01:11 PM..

Old 10-01-2008, 12:03 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I was peeking under my stove a little while ago out of curiosity... it hasn't been moved in six years. I am afraid what might be under there when they come and take it away tomorrow... I will have the mop and bucket handy for a good scrubbing while it is out. I always get embarassed about that stuff- like the guys taking my stove away are really going to care that my kids have about thirty Barbie shoes under the stove and there is most likely some odd spill along the side between the cabinets... but it is beginning to gross me out to think about it... UGH....

So, dinner... I have been thinking as I have eaten my little three points today between breakfast and lunch. I could really go for a nice slice of 9 point pizza and I do have that in my WW Bank for the night... there is a great pizza place a couple of doors down from Karate so I might just take the kids there instead of dealing with the sandwich maker and running out the door... make my life easy and take advantage of the fact that I don't have a working stove...
I know exactly what you mean....but what can you do about it! So your idea of being ready to clean as soon as t hey pull it out....that is fine...in my last house the fridge was the problem.....they had a long haired orange cat and the hair was packed under neath where the vent is.....

Old 10-01-2008, 12:05 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dens View Post
Decided to make dinner tonight...I rarely cook but am a good cook. Made brown stew chicken with yukon potatos and will serve with chilled avocado and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.

Welcome Dens! Yum, Sounds good!

Old 10-01-2008, 12:07 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Have I told you before that you can actually freeze food and FEDEX it? Maybe to an address in Miami?

My son used to love Ropa Vieja and I did too. We don't usually eat it anymore and I'm staying away from anything and everything with tomato/tomato sauce now.

Can you really freeze and fedex? Am I being really gullible right now???

Old 10-01-2008, 12:11 PM

878 posts, read 2,738,061 times
Thanks for the warm welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink