Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2008, 07:38 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times

Advertisements

How nice--fresh fish for dinner tonight for you! Hopefully someday soon we will be able to have some fresh caught fish too---after we get things more settled with the house here and have the time. I'm thinking salisbury steak here tonight. Mash up some potatoes and have some fresh broccoli. Lots to do and only 5 days til' we leave so I'm keeping it simple.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:39 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Well today we're having company - outside. BBQ.

A friend is bringing something to grill on the skewer. It's a peruvian dish called "anticucho". It's really cow's heart with this delicious seasoning and you grill it and that's it.

Then we're making flap meat, baked potatoes (in the microwave of course) and peruvian corn on the cob if we can find it at the supermarket. Otherwise, american corn will have to do.

Another friend is bringing a Spanish omelette, Spain style.

I also have mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto, and these "deli spirals" from Costco which you just defrost and eat, and tiramisu for dessert.

All I have to do is put out all the paper plates and plastic utensils! That's the best part. :-)))

Old 04-12-2008, 07:55 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post

A friend is bringing something to grill on the skewer. It's a peruvian dish called "anticucho". It's really cow's heart with this delicious seasoning and you grill it and that's it.

Then we're making flap meat, baked potatoes (in the microwave of course) and peruvian corn on the cob if we can find it at the supermarket. Otherwise, american corn will have to do.

I also have mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto, and these "deli spirals" from Costco which you just defrost and eat, and tiramisu for dessert.

All I have to do is put out all the paper plates and plastic utensils! That's the best part. :-)))

Everything sounds good except the cow's heart, lol. My father used to cook something called suffrite (sp) made with the heart, liver and something else from the cow. It ened up being cooked in a red sauce and he would eat it on a hardroll. I got the lucky job of cutting it all up.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:57 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
VPCats think I'll pass on the heart course-rest sounds great tho.

No clue yet-stuffed shells left but maybe them for lunch. Lots of gravy,etc for the freezer.

Fresh fish would be wonderful but alas not here. If life works right maybe we can get sold and get to NC for some great seafood and sun.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:09 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

No clue yet-stuffed shells left but maybe them for lunch. Lots of gravy,etc for the freezer.

Fresh fish would be wonderful but alas not here. If life works right maybe we can get sold and get to NC for some great seafood and sun.
Lacey, are you planning on moving there?

Old 04-12-2008, 08:23 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,299 times
Quote:
Morning all!!

VPCats-there was a thread on the Recipe section of this forum about crockpot recipes.

Easy one-nice piece of beef, can of beer, package Lipton onion soup, 3 or 4 cloves of garlic. Cook all day. Remove meat and shread, add back to liquid, serve of crusty rolls (dip rolls slightly in liquid). Serve with lots of napkins.

Lacey, that sounds fantastic!! I just added the ingredients to my grocery list and that will definitely be on the menu sometime this week!

Old 04-12-2008, 09:11 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post

Flap meat? Is that a hanger steak or?

I think that you can sit down and share with friends is probably the best part

Old 04-12-2008, 09:19 AM

Denise-just DM'd you.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:08 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,945,470 times
Quote:

Do you live close to Minneapolis or St. Paul? There are Whole Foods there and they have great seafood, although you pay for it. Here in Denver I will not buy seafood at a regular grocery store because of the lack of quality and selection, but I will splurge once in awhile and get some at Whole Foods.....

Just a thought!

No idea about dinner....but we are probably eating leftover baked ravioli with some garlic bread for lunch. Craving carbs in a major way today

Old 04-12-2008, 10:34 AM

Hi Highlands-no we're about 145 mi northwest of the cities. Only thing here is frozen from China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink