Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2009, 07:06 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,164,696 times

Advertisements

All I can say is that rabbit food is not, not, my favorite food, especially not twice a day, every day.

I had spinach with feta cheese and raspberry vinagrette for dinner yesterday and had the same thing for lunch today. For dinner today I had a SMALL piece of skinless, boneless, chicken thigh with some microwaved vegetables.

I've had yogurt and blueberries and strawberries and grapes and a little container of low fat cottage cheese along the way over the last 2 days.

I'm dizzy! I want my bread and butter and ice cream and chocolates!

Old 01-09-2009, 07:23 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,730,673 times
Another hot day here in Perth so something barbequed is a must so the aircon doesn't have to work too hard. Got some nice lamb chops at the butcher's yesterday. I'll marinate them in a favourite marinade: dijon, garlic, lemon juice, white wine, soy sauce and rosemary.

A cannellini bean salad will go nice with that. Not sure what else, ... maybe some grilled red peppers.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:28 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Another hot day here in Perth so something barbequed is a must so the aircon doesn't have to work too hard. Got some nice lamb chops at the butcher's yesterday. I'll marinate them in a favourite marinade: dijon, garlic, lemon juice, white wine, soy sauce and rosemary.

A cannellini bean salad will go nice with that. Not sure what else, ... maybe some grilled red peppers.
My dear partner has been watching tennis from Perth for the last couple of nights....small world. He's watching right now and thats why I am off to bed a little early.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
My dear partner has been watching tennis from Perth for the last couple of nights....small world. He's watching right now and thats why I am off to bed a little early.
Interesting. Yes, it is a small world. Must be like a hot house in the arena where they're playing tennis though. I watched Safina and Cibulkova last night and they were both dripping. We're in the middle of a heatwave here. Two weeks of temps over 32C. With almost 40 today. That's in the 100 zone.

Nightie night. Sleep tight.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:37 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,028,376 times
A friend of mine came by so dh could look at her car and she brought pizza. After a long day I didn't want to cook so it was greatly appreciated.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Are you appliance repairing people talking about high end or low end appliances needing fixing all the time?

What you are saying makes me really afraid to ever buy one of those fancy $2500 refrigerators... if I ever have money, of course. Grr.

I haven't had any problems - rap wood - with my 2 year old kitchen appliances, I didn't buy them, house flippers did, but that's how I know they weren't high end!
Yep, high end is not really any more reliable than the cheaper ones according to my service guys. The stove I referenced earlier with the regulator issue was over $6k and it's the second stove (first one died) and 2nd repair to that stove. We've got the top of the line Whirlpool (Kenmore) stainless fridge and we went through 3 of 'em in our last house. The sears repair guys have told me multiple times that all the appliances have some sort of computer in them and in fridges it's real fragile and doesn't like power fluctuations at all so when your power flutters it can burn the board and toast the fridge. Great huh?

Old 01-09-2009, 08:05 PM

849 posts, read 1,953,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
nik tell your DD that is awesome she can graduate a year early from high school great job!
Thank you! We were ready to sell her on Ebay when she was 13, but she has turned out pretty nice now. She took me out to eat Indian foods. We had chicken tikka masala and chicken korma, basmati rice, garlic naan and some chai tea. Yummy! She had been working at a movie theater since she was 14 and she just got paid so was being very generous.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:14 PM

1,458 posts, read 4,134,052 times
Indian food, me too! Butter chicken, coconut shrimp korma, biriyani (I think I could live on this), basmati rice, and yummy chewy nann!

looooove Indian!

Old 01-09-2009, 08:33 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
I got my hamburger complete with jalapenos and coleslaw...sided it up with a small serving of chips and I'm in happy land...

Old 01-09-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Yep, high end is not really any more reliable than the cheaper ones according to my service guys.
I hate how it's got these days with things being so cheap and disposable. I'd actually like the option to spend a bit more if I knew it would last longer, but as you say, that's not an option anymore. It used to be just 15 years ago. I still got things I bought then and earlier, as they were better quality, higher-priced. These days, doesn't matter.

They keep thumping us on the head about saving the environment but how much damage are we doing by having to buy appliances and goods several times in our lifetimes, versus once or twice? Catch-22 it is though, as they say we've got to keep the economy humming too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.