Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2008, 09:44 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times

Advertisements

I'm reading and thinking.......thanks for the ideas!

Old 08-26-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Take the chicken and put it in a oblong pan like a 9x11. Mix together a can of cream of mushroom soup and half a can of white wine or water if you don't like wine. Place slices of white cheese like provlone or jack on the chicken and then pour the soup/wine over it. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste...
This sounds really good except I'm missing the white cheese. And it's raining pretty hard here today so I don't much care to run to the store--closest store is about 8 miles down the road. Our dirt road is basically under water at this time. I do, however have some pepperjack cheese. Do you think that would work ok? My hubby is not into spicy foods so I am hoping this kind of cheese wouldn't be to spicy. Also the only wine I have is Marsala.....not the sweet Marsala. You did say I could use water though.

Last edited by cynwldkat; 08-26-2008 at 10:26 AM..

Old 08-26-2008, 10:41 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,225,324 times
We went to the Macaroni Grill last night, since it is conveniently located where the two of us could easily meet. I had seafood linguine:

DH had Boursin fillet:

We shared an Italian Sorbetto for dessert:

And took home a piece of tiramisu to have for dessert tonight:

Have chicken cutlets defrosting for later. I don't know what I want to do with them either. Jimj's idea sounds good, but we don't keep cream of mushroom soup in the house (I am allergic to mushrooms) and we don't have bacon. I thought of the chicken lickin recipe, but I only have cherry preserves and can't think of a salad dressing we have that goes with that. *sigh* I still have several hours to make a decision though.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:56 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
This sounds really good except I'm missing the white cheese. And it's raining pretty hard here today so I don't much care to run to the store--closest store is about 8 miles down the road. Our dirt road is basically under water at this time. I do, however have some pepperjack cheese. Do you think that would work ok? My hubby is not into spicy foods so I am hoping this kind of cheese wouldn't be to spicy. Also the only wine I have is Marsala.....not the sweet Marsala. You did say I could use water though.
Personally I'd use the pepperjack, yum!! Now were it me and I was in a experementing mood I'd try the Marsala wine and add a bit of garlic,basil and thyme either fresh or powdered whichever you have.
You never find good combo's if you don't try...
Let us know what you do.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:12 AM

I'm between the Broccoli chicken of crazy's and the jimj. I'm kinda leaning towards jims today as the gravy mixture sounds pretty good for the mashed potatoes. Maybe I'll try to broccoli in a few days. We always have chicken at least two times a week. Thanks to both of you!

CheDee, I would think any kind of cream soup would work? Cream of chicken or cream of celery etc.??

Old 08-26-2008, 11:22 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,225,324 times
They probably would, but I don't have any cream of soups in the house. It's just something I don't think of buying when it is 110+ degrees outsisde every day. LOL. That's too bad, because I have pepper jack and marsala and it sounds very appealing.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:16 PM

Check out crazyworlds broccoli chicken dish. If you have any veggie it will work she said. That is the one I'm trying next time. Hey, I'll just copy it and paste it here:

Chicken and Broccoli Bake

Chicken Breasts, pounded and dipped in Panko
horseradish sauce (lightly spread on chicken)
2 broccoli spears
1-1/2 tsp cream cheese (I used fat-free)

Fold over, place in baking dish Bake on 325 for 45 minutes.

I usually buy Horseradish sauce at the deli counter any kind will due except some of them are really hot so look at the jar.

After I pound the chicken I spread a very thin layer of the sauce on just as if you were putting mayo on a sandwich...then I lie the broccoli spears and on top of that the cream cheese and then fold the chicken so all that good stuff is on the inside.

You can use another type of cheese or veggie if you like!

She just told me that pepperjack would work great!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 08-26-2008 at 12:26 PM..

Old 08-26-2008, 12:21 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
I'm in the mood for blueberry pancakes for dinner. Blueberries are thawing out now for the topping. Only bad thing is I don't cook these. Wife will have to intervene when she gets home. Maybe a sausage patty on the side and then again maybe not. I don't really want one but she may. I really just want a fresh peach along side mine and I'll be a happy camper.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:28 PM

I wish hubby would eat breakfast for dinner---it's one of my most favorites! I love fresh peach pancakes! Yum! Blueberry are great too. Any kind of breakfast meal is so satisfying to me for a great, comfort dinner!

Old 08-26-2008, 12:42 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I wish hubby would eat breakfast for dinner---it's one of my most favorites! I love fresh peach pancakes! Yum! Blueberry are great too. Any kind of breakfast meal is so satisfying to me for a great, comfort dinner!
I'd rather have pancakes for dinner and fried chicken for breakfast. Guess I'm a little of center on my likes but it is the way I was made. Lunch can be most anything that gets in my way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink