Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 06:32 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,339,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Thanks to all for the input on the fudge! I am trying out a few flavors tonight then choosing what to make for gifts. Plans are for 3 - Maple Walnut, Dark Chocolate and Mint Chip, and Malt Whisky Fudge - anyone think of something else to go with along with the whisky in a fudge....or maybe just keep it pure?
If I put anything besides chocolate with good whisky, it would probably be pecans. Unless you're using something like Scotch, in which case you should put the whisky in a glass and the fudge in the pan by itself.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 19 hours ago)

52,702 posts, read 47,981,010 times
Talking Whataburger - What A Burger Should Be (Tonight, Anyway)

Earlier this evening, I embarked on a bi-weekly tradition. As I was running my Monday errands, which involved being my weekly Wednesday cookies to take to the office, I stopped at a local Whataburger for a double-meat with cheese, french fries, an apple pie, and a large Coca-Cola. I tend to do this about every second or third week when I make these errands, and I also tend to get different things at Whataburger. Hey, I can't help it!

Old 12-15-2008, 06:42 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,339,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Earlier this evening, I embarked on a bi-weekly tradition. As I was running my Monday errands, which involved being my weekly Wednesday cookies to take to the office, I stopped at a local Whataburger for a double-meat with cheese, french fries, an apple pie, and a large Coca-Cola. I tend to do this about every second or third week when I make these errands, and I also tend to get different things at Whataburger. Hey, I can't help it!
Haven't had a Whataburger for nigh onto a decade, since we left Texas; that's one of the (very, very few) things I really miss about the place. The next time you go there, have a burger and think of me!

Old 12-15-2008, 06:45 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,165,726 times
OK who's had Einstein bagels here?

That's what I had for dinner. One "everything" bagel... half with onion & chives "schmear" and the other half with salmon schmear. Gawd I could have 4 more! I got a dozen, varied, and they are in the freezer to be eaten at regular intervals.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:45 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Thanks to all for the input on the fudge! I am trying out a few flavors tonight then choosing what to make for gifts. Plans are for 3 - Maple Walnut, Dark Chocolate and Mint Chip, and Malt Whisky Fudge - anyone think of something else to go with along with the whisky in a fudge....or maybe just keep it pure?
Can the whiskey fudge be rationalized as cold medicine? Sound reasonable to me.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Can the whiskey fudge be rationalized as cold medicine? Sound reasonable to me.
Nomad it sounds like the purrfect cold remedy to me. Let's patent that and spread it around. I'll take a few pounds. And I'll proudly display them very, very soon after inhaling.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:50 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Nomad it sounds like the purrfect cold remedy to me. Let's patent that and spread it around. I'll take a few pounds. And I'll proudly display them very, very soon after inhaling.
I like the idea but the word is out now so we most likely will get ripped off. Just think of all the cats I could support and play with if we had royalties off such a dual purpose treat.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:55 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
OK who's had Einstein bagels here?

That's what I had for dinner. One "everything" bagel... half with onion & chives "schmear" and the other half with salmon schmear. Gawd I could have 4 more! I got a dozen, varied, and they are in the freezer to be eaten at regular intervals.
WE LOVE EINSTEINS bagels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately we've not had them since we left the south for this frozen bagel challenged area

On a good front they lowered (raised?) the prediction for our temps from -50 to -15

Old 12-15-2008, 06:57 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,006,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Oh nite all-I groaned with delight at pasta with my pork gravy-did you hear me?

Told our daughter it stays this cold I could gain 40 lbs in a week!!! So comforter time.

So that's what that sound was! Nite Lacey

Old 12-15-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
WE LOVE EINSTEINS bagels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately we've not had them since we left the south for this frozen bagel challenged area

On a good front they lowered (raised?) the prediction for our temps from -50 to -15
Ayyyyyyyyyy Yikesss. That hurt. That's a bit cold huh?

Wish I could send you a Einstein care package. I'll think of you when I'm biting into one of those wonderful and delicious creations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink