Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 05:05 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Humus is dirt...
Maybe I should try some humus then because I do not like hummus. I haven't liked chickpeas since the first time I tried them. I'm sure there is some way to prepare them that might change my mind. They are quite nutritious and high in protein, so it's my loss if I don't eat them.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:08 PM

32 posts, read 45,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Johnson View Post
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find that the OP thinks hummus is a cheese. Nor surprised to find that he's an American.
Why would anyone post something like this?
Because Americans are known for being incredibly dumb when it comes to anything even slightly out of their knowledge or comfort zone.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:11 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,161,108 times
Quote:
Because Americans are known for being incredibly dumb when it comes to anything even slightly out of their knowledge or comfort zone. And as my Dad liked to say, most of them have the palates of peasants.
Do you have a cite for this? Without a cite it's just you and your dad having an opinion.

Because I have lived in several countries and traveled to many more, and I find for the most part Americans are exposed and used to a much more diverse cuisine than much of the rest of the world. With the possible exception of Europe, which is similarly diverse.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:13 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Quote:
Because Americans are known for being incredibly dumb when it comes to anything even slightly out of their knowledge or comfort zone.
Oh, I forgot - all Americans are like that, that's right. Wait... I'm not like that. Like most Americans, I have an innate curiosity about what other ethnic groups eat.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:24 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Many years ago my brother began emailing me about this wonderful new food he discovered: hummus. He wanted me to try it, but, I postponed putting it on my grocery list and never thought of it. This went on for years. Very little time passed between his mentions of this delicious item. Finally, I visited him and first thing was for me to try hummus. He proudly arranged it on a tray with some crackers and beamed with great anticipation awaiting my reaction. I had no idea what to expect and was surprised to discover it was only bean dip.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:32 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,161,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Many years ago my brother began emailing me about this wonderful new food he discovered: hummus. He wanted me to try it, but, I postponed putting it on my grocery list and never thought of it. This went on for years. Very little time passed between his mentions of this delicious item. Finally, I visited him and first thing was for me to try hummus. He proudly arranged it on a tray with some crackers and beamed with great anticipation awaiting my reaction. I had no idea what to expect and was surprised to discover it was only bean dip.
LOL, I know right? Too funny, you are right.

I spent years growing up eating hummus, and I've been making it on occasion for decades. But it's suddenly become A Thing, a trend, entire supermarket shelves are filled with it and this is a new thing.
And of course now you have all the fancy-schmancy pita bread products to go along with it, that used to cost .99 per package and are now upwards of $3.00.

Oy vey.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:33 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Ok, I can't find anything on humus or hummus cheese and the OP hasn't come back to answer the questions asked of him about it. Also this thread has gotten off topic. Time to close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink