Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 08:15 PM

373 posts, read 589,787 times

Advertisements

I love eggs. But none of the above excite me. I like them sunny side up fried in bacon grease (must be good bacon with no sugary cure). Mmmm. Nothing like it!

Chorizo? Yuck. Never.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 08:21 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times
If it has to be baked, then quiche.

I, too, am a fan of the runny yolk, though...over easy, scrambled wet, soft boiled...yum! Was just wondering what to have for dinner. I'm all back asswards today. I had leftover spaghetti for breakfast. Think I'll have eggs for dinner :-)

Soft boiled on rye...easy peasy.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:38 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,407,530 times
Out of that group, I like omelettes and quiche. Never had a strata, but I just looked at some sites and some of them look good.

I also like huevos rancheros, Eggs Benedict, and poached eggs with toast.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:44 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,288,572 times
Love quiche. As a matter of fact, I've been thinking of making one this week (cheddar onion). My breakfast eggs are normally fried, and as long as the whites are done, I'll eat them.

One of our favorite any time meals in Tucson was breakfast burritos. Not baked, but oh, so delicious!

Old 02-07-2014, 09:33 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times
I don't know what a couple of them are. But I like a good quiche, omelet or with a tortilla (Only familiar with the Mexican way).

Old 02-08-2014, 01:55 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,487,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
If you had a choice AND like any of these: Quiche, Frittata, Strata, Tortilla (a Spanish egg dish) or Omelet with similar "fillings" aka ham and swiss, veggies etc. If you don't like eggs or any of the above. Got it.

Which do you prefer?

I like the Tortilla with thinly sliced potatoes and chorizo. (spanish wine dry aged type of chorizo) (See pic further down this page)

Since the Edit was still open: If I didn't mention your favorite baked egg dish, what's yours?
I would prefer a quiche. I have a good cauliflower/broccoli quiche recipe I'd use.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
If you had a choice AND like any of these: Quiche, Frittata, Strata, Tortilla (a Spanish egg dish) or Omelet with similar "fillings" aka ham and swiss, veggies etc. If you don't like eggs or any of the above. Got it.

Which do you prefer?

I like the Tortilla with thinly sliced potatoes and chorizo. (spanish wine dry aged type of chorizo) (See pic further down this page)

Since the Edit was still open: If I didn't mention your favorite baked egg dish, what's yours?
I could have one of each, but that wouldn't be a very good idea: I think at the top of the list would be Quiche, followed by Frittata or maybe visa versa.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:59 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,951,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Tie between a good quiche and a good strata. My mother used to make strata on Christmas Eve, alon with a fruit salad and a green salad.

We'd have a hearty brunch after opening presents. Stratas are not that popular now it seems. But I like them. You can make them ahead and pop them in the oven when you're ready.

Quiches went through a lot of popularity in the 1980s, then seemed to fade from the menu. It was one of the first things that I learned to cook well! I remember having quiche, spinach salad and a loaf of crusty bread served with wine, at many casual brunches during that time period.

Omelets are nice but thet don't keep well. You kind of need to make one for each person so they are work intensive.

I've never had the Spanish Tortilla, but it looks quite tasty!
Stratas are great - delicious and so easy to prepare ahead of time. I used to make them more often when my kids were young, but everyone loved them. Quiches are actually my favorite but a lot more work to prepare.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:04 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,166,280 times
I love eggs and frittata is a staple here. Like a quiche, but no crust - I'm not a fan of the crust anyhow.

Like many egg dishes, this Turkish egg dish is very customizable and excellent:
Turkish one-pan eggs & peppers (Menemen) | BBC Good Food

Old 02-08-2014, 07:32 AM

993 posts, read 1,561,689 times
I don't like plain eggs very much. When I have them too many days in a row, they start to cause my gag reflex.

So, if I do eat eggs, they need to have a ton of other ingredients in or surrounding them. Hence why I love quiche! Souffles are pretty awesome, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink