Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 07:24 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,796,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Aldi doesn't provide bags, so you can't have seen anyone swapping Aldi bags for another type of bag. Nice try.
Busted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 07:26 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,125,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Aldi doesn't provide bags, so you can't have seen anyone swapping Aldi bags for another type of bag. Nice try.
Aldi bags cost 10 cents per bag here but they do have bags.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:31 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,796,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
Aldi bags cost 10 cents per bag here but they do have bags.
If they have the Aldi's logo, then they would be status symbols, compared to the cheaper places with free bags. I can't afford a dime everytime I need a bag.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:05 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,251,584 times
That is pretty ridiculous. But then again, I do sometimes hide my Alko bag (State booze shop) inside another shopping bag so I don't look like a drunk...

Old 05-06-2014, 08:14 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,193,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Who cares? If they want to waste their time switching bags, let them. They aren't hurting anyone.
Exactly. I can't say that I have ever watched closely enough to tell what another person is doing with grocery bags in the back of a car.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:42 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadejay26 View Post
Aldi's here provides free boxes but not bags. The boxes are difficult to carry, so I can see transferring groceries to bags. Personally, I hate those reusable bags, so I just pay for the plastic ones at Aldi. I really don't care what people think about where I shop. Sometimes I shop at Whole paycheck, sometimes Aldi. Makes no difference to me.

For most people those reusable bags are absolutely filthy inside. If you aren't washing them frequently you are putting your groceries in filth, which is why I don't use them. The ones you can buy don't hold up to frequent washings.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:10 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,444,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Ive seen it so many times.. people in very posh big cars shopping at the cheapest shops like Lidl and Aldi. only to take out the groceries and wine in the shops own bags and swap them in the boot of the car for Marks and Spencers or some other higher brand of shop... A friend of the family even saw Robbie Coltrane do this at the Lidls carpark.. Theres no shame in having to shop at a cheaper shop but why bother to go to all this bother for the neighbours..

Um, you have to bring your own bags to Aldi's. We don't have Lidl's in my part of the U.S. but it is possible they have the same policy.

And maybe Mr. Coltrane only meant to pick up a few items and went in without a bag, then saw a great sale and bought more than he had intended. That would explain someone putting groceries into other bags in the parking lot.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:21 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
For most people those reusable bags are absolutely filthy inside. If you aren't washing them frequently you are putting your groceries in filth, which is why I don't use them. The ones you can buy don't hold up to frequent washings.
As a cashier I have to agree with you. I'm afraid to actually touch some of those reusable bags! I have to say, though, that the majority of people DO keep them clean whether cloth or plastic. I LOVE the Trader Joe bags. They are stiff plastic and so much easier to handle and bag stuff in. I wouldn't think you'd have to wash the bags all that often, like maybe once a month. I think some I see are just really OLD and need to be replaced.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:24 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
Exactly. I can't say that I have ever watched closely enough to tell what another person is doing with grocery bags in the back of a car.
I've actually had people tell me to just bag their stuff 'any old way' because they are going to transfer it all to different bags...or ice chests...at their car. Why don't they just bring in the bags to begin with?? I sometimes wonder about these people who "see" so much going on in the parking lot. I don't even notice and all I want is to get to my OWN car and get gone! lol

Old 05-06-2014, 09:27 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,275,144 times
A clear case of MYOB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink