Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 09:50 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times

Advertisements

I would have my coffee and caramel creamer, with a toasted everything bagel and cream cheese. Or I would have eggs over medium with buttered sour dough toast and four slices of bacon.

For lunch I would have spaghetti with buttered garlic French bread and a coke.

For a snack I would have a healthy serving vinegar chips.

For dinner a well done burger on a crispy buttered bun with mayo, hot sauce, onion, tomatoes, and Wwiss cheese and a side of steak cut French fries, dipped in ketchup with lots of salt. For dessert a strawberry shortcake or an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins.

For a late night snack some cheesy nachos dipped in sour cream and sprinkled with Red Hot sauce and a late night bowl of chocolate chip ice cream.

What's your ideal daily menu if you can eat whatever you wanted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 10:44 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,452,688 times
Hmmm. On a really GOOD day where you've been able to suspend disbelief and accept that I could actually eat all this, it would be:

BREAKFAST - biscuits and sausage gravy, hash browns, sausage patties, black coffee, and a glass of ice cold milk.

SNACK - chocolate cake and more ice cold milk. Or lemon pound cake. Or both.

LUNCH - salad with iceberg lettuce, onions, tomatoes, croutons, cheddar cheese and limitless ranch dressing, unsweetened iced tea.

SNACK - bag of sour patch kids, unsweetened iced tea.

DINNER - this one is hard. Frankly, most of the time I'd really prefer fast food/carryout/delivery. But don't tell anyone, ok?

SNACK OR DESSERT - chocolate cake and more ice cold milk.

SNACK OR DESSERT #2 - since I did so well with dinner, I figure I deserve two so a package of Pepperidge Farm Brussels cookies

Old 07-08-2015, 11:07 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
I'm with Bubba. Marinated shrimp for breakfast, fired shrimp for lunch, and shrimp scampi for dinner. Next day, rinse and repeat. For snacks, bacon, cheese, potatoes, any combination.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:48 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Heaps of Jumbo Jacks with cheese and bacon!

Old 07-09-2015, 01:00 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,359,395 times
I would have a bite or two all day long: half an avocado, a few cherry tomatoes, a stone crab leg, a brownie, a small spinach salad, a handful of raspberries, good cheese.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:53 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,424,323 times
For breakfast;
Sausage gravy and biscuits, about half a pound of slab bacon, home fries and three over easy eggs..

For lunch;
Hot Italian sausage with onions and peppers on a big ole hunk of crusty bread.. Boars Head bologna with tomato and deli American also on a big ole hunk of crusty bread, throw on some mayo .. Hot pastrami or corned beef on rye with spicy mustard and swiss cheese...

For dinner;
20+ ounce bone in ribeye, sautéed onions&mushrooms with garlic mashed potatoes and creamed spinach..
Escalloped potato's with ham with pickled red cabbage..
Center cut pork chops fried crispy with some roasted red potato's and asparagus,..
Bacon and swiss cheese burger on a crispy keiser roll, onion rings...

I'd love to be able to eat all of this food in one day but alas... I'd explode...

Old 07-09-2015, 11:01 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
*Black coffee, toasted Swedish coffee bread with butter, a bowl of granola with milk. Grapefruit juice.
*A big pastrami (I mean the old fashioned Jewish deli kind where the grease drips down your arm when you pick it up)sandwich on rye with a side of potato salad.
*Rare roast beef, roasted potatoes, Caesar salad, gingered carrots, a good red wine.
Chocolate layer cake, black coffee.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:03 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,911 times

Old 07-09-2015, 12:07 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,219 times
I'd have to go with Indian food- vegetable pakoras, chicken makhani, sambar soup, naan.
Then maybe Thai- chicken satay, mussaman curry, spring rolls.
Of course, I'd end up in a food coma and be miserable after eating all of this!

Old 07-09-2015, 12:16 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,775 times
Oh goodness...what I would LIKE to eat vs what I ACTUALLY eat are so vastly opposite!

I wish the following foods didn't make me feel like death...because they taste so good.

Breakfast: omelette, pancakes w butter & maple syrup, bacon, sausage

Lunch: a hearty toasted sandwich loaded with veggies & avocado (well that sounds good, I could actually live with that one)

Dinner: Fried chicken, buttery mashed potatoes

Dessert: Anything involving chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, donuts, pastries

You know...all the stuff that tastes so good but clogs arteries and causes heart disease & diabetes.

In real life, yesterday all I ate for the entire day was baked fruit with oatmeal and flax seeds/chia seeds and drank over 100 oz of water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink