Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 06:35 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,040,976 times

Advertisements

I'll have everything that you're all having. Yes. I'm a pig. Oink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 08:15 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,691,252 times
Something different at every meal. Memorable dishes this month have been toasted bagles, cream cheese and traditionally smoked sockeye salmon, creamed peas and new potatoes, blueberry waffles topped with mixed berry compote and whipped cream, fresh curry, Canadian bacon and fresh tomato New York style pizza, home made cinnamon rolls, etc. etc. It's early in the month. I'm planning a stir fry, probably chicken and vegetable with black bean sauce. I have a crock of dill pickles fermenting, and kimchi in the fridge. I know a Japanese woman who makes fabulous sushi. I should give her a call. And always, always, fresh roasted, fresh ground, blended arabica coffee. Occasionally I have a cask strength single malt after dinner.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:02 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,531,674 times
Breakfast: Eggs Benedict, fresh-squeezed OJ

Snack: Chocolate cake & chocolate mousse

Lunch: Home made mac & cheese, chocolate malt, creamed spinach

Snack: Chocolate cream pie

Dinner: Caesar salad (the authentic one) Oysters on the half shell, steamed clams, crab legs, lobster, green-lipped mussels, fabulous sourdough bread to sop up all the broth & butter, good white wine

Snack: Chocolate cheesecake

If I'm hungry between all this...chocolate!

*Burp*

Old 07-11-2015, 08:03 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,497,317 times
Today I'd have a batch of my homemade oatmeal raisin cookies for breakfast. And coffee.

Lunch would be a tomato sandwich made with fresh warm garden tomatoes on toasted sourdough bread with plenty of mayo. And probably some Lay's potato chips. And a diet coke.

Dinner would be at a Mexican restaurant. Cheese enchiladas with really good refried beans and a margarita. I'd skip the rice and chips.

Caramel ice cream and brownies for dessert.

And maybe a pineapple rum or three over ice for a nightcap.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:45 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,800,865 times
Breakies: Chocolate chip cookies yep did that this morning. Anything sweet would do.

Lunch: A box of pixies. Nope never did this,

Dinner: A whole chocolate cake. Nope never did this either. Kill me now I need an intervention and another 12 mile bike ride.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:55 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,825,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseOne View Post

... Oysters on the half shell, steamed clams, crab legs, lobster, green-lipped mussels, fabulous sourdough bread to sop up all the broth & butter, good white wine
You reminded me of a fave which is heart attack in a bucket. There's a crab restaurant in Miami that I used to go to frequently as a kid (sorry heart) and from their walk up window, you got a bucket of broken crab claws (like those KFC bucket of chicken) dripping and I mean DRIPPING with melted garlicky butter. (there would be a couple inches of butter on bottom of bucket perfect for that loaf of crusty bread from the bakery down the street)

We kids would crowd around the bucket and eat up all the crab and use bread to sop up the buttery goodness. Then we would look at each other shiny with grease. LOL Amazing memories. I would add that to my list of if I could eat anything....

Old 07-11-2015, 10:30 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Today I would have:

Eggs Benedict with spinach and tomatoes instead of bacon, orange juice, coffee

Salad Nicoise with lightly grilled ahi

Black bean and zucchini enchiladas with tomatillo salsa

White Russian and my grandpa's snickerdoodles

Old 07-11-2015, 10:43 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,511,910 times
Bacon on wheat bread

Banana split.
Bacon lettuce and tomato sand.
Then fresh cooked turkey with bacon
Then Boston cream donut with a cinnamon roll for a chaser.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:37 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,594,102 times
Bacon and egg sandwiches. Or deep fried chicken and fries - especially the KFC variety. I'm a sucker for KFC (I know that's a crime for culinary experts - which I am not ).

But sweet things? Meh. I get sick too quickly.

Old 07-11-2015, 12:55 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,236,120 times
Breakfast - bagels, cream cheese and lox. Coffee with real cream. Or German pancakes with Lemon. My wife's grandmother made the best (RIP) but IHOP is OK.

Lunch - a hot pastrami sandwich on rye with mustard and a kosher dill. Cream soda. Lots of it.
Maybe a slice of cheese cake. Yes. Add that. (I don't eat meat anymore for health and other reasons)

AND

Stuffed peppers Hungarian style. Savory noodle kugle. Fried rice. Deep fried shrimp. Cucumber salad made with Full Fat Sour Cream. Deep fried pickles.

Hot fudge sundae - snack.

Dinner - Lasagna, salad with Roquefort dressing. Garlic bread.

A rum and Coke.

Snack - potato chips and onion dip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink