Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 12:10 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,454,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
But you are missing the point: this is a fun and make believe thread, not to be taken too seriously. Of course none of us would really eat this way on a daily basis.
Awwwwwww - speak for yourself! Let it never be said that I didn't TRY!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 01:51 PM

781 posts, read 737,132 times
I would probably eat pepperoni pizza and ice cream all the time. With an occasional jaunt to a restaurant for something different but still bad for me.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:55 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,770,611 times
I actually only eat two meals a day, when I am not doing a modified fast. But here goes if I wasn't:

Breakfast.
Two eggs, over easy, buttered bialy (or rye toast or English muffin), 2-3 strips of bacon, maybe a small side of potatoes w/ peppers. Lots of dark roast black coffee.

Lunch.
Chunky shrimp salad, lettuce, tomato on toasted ciabatta or croissant, lemonade.

Dinner.
Porterhouse steak .. RARE, sautéed mushrooms and onions, garlic mashed potatoes w/ gravy, arugula-spinach salad w Italian parmesan dressing, red wine.

Dessert.
Vanilla ice cream sundae or crême brulée, or tiramisu.

Midnight snack.
Slice of sausage pizza.

I feel sick.

Old 07-10-2015, 02:03 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,817,467 times
Breakfast: Migas with a side of beans and a bloody mary or two.

Lunch: Shrimp cocktail and a Cobb salad. Chardonnay to drink.

Dinner: Filet Mignon and lobster with loaded baked potato and a dinner salad. A vodka martini before dinner and Chardonnay with dinner.

Dessert: Chocolate creme brulee

This would be on a non-working day, of course.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:05 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times
Breakfast: A breakfast quesadilla at the diner down the street (bacon, eggs and cheese in a quesadilla, with green chili to dip it in)

Lunch: French dip sandwich with cheese and mushrooms with sweet potato fries and chipotle aioli for dipping. Unsweetened iced tea with lots of lemon.

Dinner: A big steak and a loaded baked potato or a big plate of vodka rigatoni with garlic bread.

Dessert: High-end artisanal ice cream. Maybe lavendar mascarpone or a combo that killed me recently: Blackberry, brownie chunk and marshmallow swirl. INSANE!

But I'd also be needing a helper monkey and a muumuu if I ate that every day, lol.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:57 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times
With no health consequences at all--chocolate chip walnut cookies, Boston cream pie, cream puffs, tiramisu, coffee cake, blueberry pie, apple strudel w/ whipped cream. Well, you get the idea, desserts all day. I might eat different breads, too, rye caraway, cinnamon raisin, cranberry walnut. All w/ globs of real butter. Then, hot chocolate w/ a glob of real cream. I can't think of anything else right now. I am so health conscious that this would be my evil twin I guess.

I could even rotate desserts of different countries. I'd have my International chef make them up, from throughout the world. That' s when I get sick of my "normal" desserts. And, that could go on into infinity or until I exploded like the Pillsbury dough boy in Ghostbusters.

Old 07-10-2015, 04:06 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
I like variety too much, but here is what strikes my fancy right now:

Breakfast: two eggs fried over easy in butter with Oregon Herb toast, side of canteloupe or strawberries, coffee with sugar and milk
Lunch: the Crab Louie I made the other day, with leftover grilled crab and shrimp, black olives, tomato wedges, hard-boiled eggs, and mixed lettuces
Midafternoon: carrot sticks (not baby carrots) and "40 spices" hummus
Dinner: vegetarian lasagne with quinoa, shredded vegetables, alfredo sauce, and cheese
Dessert: Haagen-Dasz mango sorbet

Old 07-10-2015, 04:40 PM

7,106 posts, read 4,828,236 times
Not sure in the long run what a typical day would be like, but it surely would include lots of potato chips, pasta, crusty Italian or French bread with lots of butter.

Doritos, pretzels, baked potatoes!

Can you tell I'm a low-carber??

Old 07-10-2015, 05:02 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,385,103 times
At least one meal a day would have to be (New) Mexican. A combo plate with red chile enchiladas and green chile over chile rellenos. Or a carne adovada burrito. Salsa or queso with chips for appetizer and sopapilla with honey for desert. If that was my breakfast, it would be huevos rancheros or a breakfast burrito with eggs and bacon and green chile.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:30 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Breakfast - waffles dripping with fresh fruit, powdered sugar and butter. Maybe some bacon on the side. Or eggs benedict with a side of pancakes and real maple syrup and lots of butter.

Lunch - a bowl of clam chowder, a big juicy bacon cheeseburger on a big fat Kaiser roll, steak fries with some kind of chocolate chip ice cream for dessert.

Dinner - a full Thanksgiving dinner: roast turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green beans, and pumpkin pie.

Snacks: Ice cream and Doritos.

Wow. Hardly any of that is on my actual daily menu: only the fruit, eggs benedict, bacon, cheeseburger (no roll), turkey and green beans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink